Established in 1966 in the vibrant city of Toronto, Canada, Centennial College is amongst the most celebrated and ethnically diverse colleges in Canada. Crowned as the first community college of Ontario, the school has built its reputation because of its inclusivity, quality of education, and employability rates. The college is also known for its high student satisfaction rate and research acumen. From Advertising to Strategic Management to Tourism, Centennial College offers a plethora of courses and programs to international students.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the Centennial College?
Centennial college is situated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was established in the 1960s with a little over 500 students. It offers a number of courses in different subjects such as journalism, child studies, hospitality, health, nutrition, etc. Following are some of the reasons why you should choose Centennial college for your studies:
- Skill-Based Education: The education you would get at Centennial College is skill-based. This enables you to learn by doing and thus learn better. Hands-on skills are given more importance at Centennial.
- Up-to-date Syllabus: Centennial College courses are kept up-to-date with the industry in order to make sure that students are able to get all the skills that would increase their employability.
- Globally Focused Education: Centennial College is one of the most culturally diverse colleges in Canada. This allows students to network with people from around the world.
- Personal & Professional Growth: The focus of Centennial college is to allow students to grow personally and professionally. This makes the graduates of Centennial fine global citizens.
Top Courses at Centennial College
Centennial College offers only Undergraduate programs, which are divided into Undergraduate Honours Programs, Ontario College Diplomas, Ontario College Advanced Diplomas, Ontario College Certificates and Ontario College Graduate certificates. Following are some of the most popular ones.
Undergraduate Honours Programs
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer and Communication Networks), Honours
- Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) Collaborative Nursing Degree Fall
|Ontario College Diploma||Ontario College Advanced Diploma||Ontario College Certificate||Ontario College Graduate Certificate||Length|
|Addiction and Mental Health Worker||Architectural Technology||Airframe Assembly||Advertising – Creative & Digital Strategy||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Aircraft Maintenance – Aviation Technician||Artificial Intelligence||Art and Design Fundamentals||Alcoholic Beverages Management||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Animation – 3D||Automation and Robotics – Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology||Auto Body and Collision Damage Repairer||Arts Education and Community Engagement||2 years/ 4 semesters (16 months continuous)|
|Architectural Technician||Avionics Maintenance and Management – Aviation Technology||Auto Body Repair Techniques||Arts Management||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Auto Body Repair Technician||Biomedical Engineering Technology||Automotive Fundamentals||Bridging to University Nursing for Internationally Educated Nurses||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Automation and Robotics – Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician||Broadcasting – Film, Television, Digital Media and Radio||Automotive Service Technician – Apprenticeship Training||Business Analytics and Insight – Canadian Context||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Automotive – Motive Power Technician||Business Administration – Supply Chain and Operations Management||Automotive Service Technician Honda AHAP||Business Analytics and Insights||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Automotive Service Technician Co-op partnered with TADA and FCA||Child and Youth Care||Baking Skills||Children’s Media||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Baking and Pastry Arts Management||Computer Systems Technology – Networking||Bookkeeping||Construction Project Management||2 years/ 4 semesters|
|Biotechnology||Electrical Engineering Technology||Business Foundations||Contemporary Journalism||2 years/ 4 semesters|
Must Read: Fully Funded PhD Programs in Canada
There are 3 intakes at Centennial College. They are listed below:
Although different levels of studies require different things, the following are some of the basic requirements for the undergraduate programs at Centennial College:
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
There are a number of different scholarships available at Centennial College. Following are a few of them:
- The BMO Finance Scholarships
- The BMW Scholarships
- The Centennial College Student Association Inc. Scholarships
- The Centennial College Golf Merit Scholarships
- The CIBC Scholarships
- The Community Outreach Access and Inclusion Initiative Scholarships
- The Gene Haas Scholarships
- The Giving Tuesday Awards
- The Gordon Food Service Scholarships
- The Guard.me Scholarships
- The Hyundai Canada Diversity Scholarships
- The Kenworth Truck Centres Scholarships
- The Paladin Security Group Scholarships
- The Paul and Gerri Charette Awards
- The Rotary Club of Scarborough Scholarships
- The Scotiabank Scholarships
Must Read: MBA at University of Alberta
Here was everything about the Centennial College Courses. If you wish to apply to Centennial College in Canada, then your application needs to be perfect. Thankfully, you can take the help of the experts at Leverage Edu. They will assist you in showcasing your best talents to colleges in Canada!