The University of Waterloo is one of the top universities in Canada. It was the first Canadian university to offer a one-year, full-time MBA program. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at the University of Waterloo is a 1 year MBA program. It is an innovative, and world-class professional business education program. Read this blog to know more about the University of Waterloo MBA and its application process!
|University||University of Waterloo|
|Business School||Lazaridis School of Business|
|Type of Degree||Masters Degree|
|Duration of the course||1 year|
|Annual Fee(Educational and non-Educational Expenses)||30-40 Lakhs|
|Exams Required||GMAT, GRE|
|English Proficiency||TOEFL, IELTS|
Also Read: MBA Without Work Experience in Canada
This Blog Includes:
The University of Waterloo: Facts and Figures
- It is ranked 154th in the QS global MBA rankings in 2023.
- Lazaridis School empowers the students with the tools and skills necessary for them to build their careers and succeed at them.
- Intellectual agility and personal flexibility are the most critical attributes that the Laziridis business school lays emphasis on. This helps students in adapting effectively to their rapidly changing world.
- Real-time education based on practical experience and applicable academic research is provided to MBA students.
- Field projects, professional development, international study opportunities and hands-on learning practices are an integral part of this 1 year MBA program.
- Less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation and Laziridis business school is one of those business schools.
Also Read: MBA in Canada
Why opt for MBA at the University of Waterloo?
- Put your thoughts into action- The University of Waterloo have resources for you if you are interested in technology, social justice, writing, design, visual arts, or even submarine racing and autonomous cars. Waterloo’s business incubators and hands-on facilities equip you with the space and resources to pursue your interests. Improve your entrepreneurial abilities to make yourself more employable, or get assistance in starting your own firm.
- Among the most prosperous entrepreneurial communities– The Waterloo region, ranked among the world’s top entrepreneurial ecosystems, provides business incubators, mentors, investment, and a supportive network of fellow businesses – everything you need to convert your ideas into a firm. Their on-campus Accelerator Centre is ranked fifth in the world, with a 93% success rate, compared to the national average of 51%.
- Own your thoughts- Unlike most colleges, Waterloo allows you to capitalise on the ideas you develop through one of the most entrepreneurial-oriented intellectual property (IP) regimes in North America. That means you can quickly develop your ideas into a business with plenty of help on campus.
- Including entrepreneurship in your degree programme- Why not incorporate entrepreneurship into your business degree? Take a couple of classes or consider a minor in entrepreneurship (a possibility if you major in engineering). Minors in International Commerce, Human Resources Management, Legal Studies, Management Studies, and other fields are also available.
Must Read: Masters at University of Waterloo
The Lazaridis MBA program offers nine specialization options to the students in order to help them sync their studies with their career paths:
- Financial Management
- International Business Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain Management
Must Read: Popular Courses to Study at University of Waterloo
All students aspiring to study MBA at Waterloo University must meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. Here are the entry requirements in order to secure admission to the University of Waterloo MBA-
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university in any discipline with at least 70% marks
- Minimum 2 years of work experience is required for admission to the University of Waterloo MBA courses
- GMAT score should be 550 and above, IELTS 7.0,/ TOEFL 85 and above.
- CFA level 1 Professionals are offered admission as well.
Wondering how you can be part of the University of Waterloo MBA program? Here is the stepwise application process for the same:
- Visit the official website of Lazaridis Business school, Waterloo
- Click on the apply now option and start filling out the application form
- Upload the mandatory documents and details required
- Submit and complete the application process by doing the payment of the application fee
Facing difficulties in applying to the University of Waterloo? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 57 2000 or Simply book your FREE Consultation call with us!
The following documents are required for seeking admission at Boston University MBA:
- CV/ Resume showcasing the skills and work experience
- Financial documents
- Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE/ GMAT and IELTS score
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 professional letters of recommendation and 1 academic letter of recommendation)
Must Read: University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships 2020-21
MBA + Work Experience
You can get up to two years of relevant experience – and get paid – while exploring their vocations through Waterloo’s co-op programme. Work for Fortune 500 corporations, startups looking for the next big thing, government, non-profits, and everything in between. As a Waterloo co-op student, you’ll typically spend four months in school and four months as a full-time employee of the organisation you’re working for.
Waterloo’s co-op programme is an incredible way to learn how to interview for jobs successfully, discover how your degree applies to real-world challenges, graduate with up to two years of practical experience – and make money!
The various reasons why you should opt for a co-op program at the University of Waterloo are as follows:
- Employers’ Network- You’ll have access to a wide range of professions and experiences thanks to the largest co-op programme of its kind in North America.
- Make money as you Learn- Get money to help pay for school while gaining experience! In Canada, students typically earn between $8,400 and $19,800 per work term.
- Debt reduction- Waterloo students had fewer student loans and are better at repaying them.
- 4-6 co-op work terms- You can explore numerous jobs with multiple work phrases to determine what you’re strong at, what problems you want to help solve, and what you enjoy doing. You’ll also learn how to master personal interviews and network before starting your career!
- Improve your future skills- You’ll learn how to recognise your strengths and develop abilities that will be useful in your future profession.
Must Read: University of Waterloo Fees
Ans. MBA programmes are available at the University of Waterloo. The University of Waterloo is one of Canada’s best universities. It was the first Canadian university to provide a full-time one-year MBA programme. The University of Waterloo’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme lasts one year.
Ans. The primary, minimum academic prerequisite is a bachelor’s degree. In some circumstances, though, a post-graduate degree may be required. We don’t need a GMAT or GRE.
Ans. For the 2023/2024 academic year, full-time tuition is about $64,701* CDN, plus miscellaneous costs. Part-time tuition is about $21,567* CDN for the 2022/2023 academic year, plus incidental costs. The total tuition for the three-year programme is approximately $64,701* CDN.
That was all about the University of Waterloo MBA. If you wish to study at this university, connect with us today. Leverage Edu experts will help you through the entire process to study abroad. Book your FREE Session now or Call us at 1800 57 2000.