Canada is a country that provides students seeking to study abroad with an opportunity to grow beyond books. Some of the best educational institutions in the world are situated in Canada. These aim at the holistic growth of their students. One such institution is the University of Waterloo. It provides courses in a number of fields including Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, History, and many more at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Let’s explore University of Waterloo courses, its application process and more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the University of Waterloo?
The University of Waterloo was established in 1957 and provides education to over 42,000 students from all over the globe. It is in the 149th position in all of the world’s universities according to QS World University Rankings 2022. Times Higher Education puts it in the 201-250th position. Following are some of the reasons why you should choose the University of Waterloo for your studies:
- Study model based on experience: It provides the largest co-op program in all of North America.
- Customisable Programs: The largest and most sought after programs are also customisable. You can further enhance your classroom experience by choosing your own specialisation, minor and/or certification.
- Large Number of Clubs: There are over 250 clubs that allow students to have fun and develop beyond their books. There are also over 30 athletic leagues and there is obviously going to be something that sparks your interest.
- Preparation to Face the World: When one graduates with a degree from the University of Waterloo, they are prepared to face the world and create their own path.
Top University of Waterloo Courses
Following are some of the top Univerity of Waterloo courses at different levels of study:
|Actuarial Science||MActSc||PhD Actuarial Science|
|Anthropology||MA Anthropology||PhD Applied Mathematics|
|Biology||MArch||PhD Chemical Engineering|
|Finance||MASc Chemical Engineering||PhD Chemistry|
|Biochemistry||MEng Chemical Engineering||PhD Combinatorics and Optimization|
|Civil Engineering||MCC Climate Change||PhD Computer Science|
|Business||MDSAI Data Science & Artificial Intelligence||PhD Earth Sciences|
|Computer Science||MDP Development Practice||PhD Economics|
|Data Science||MA Economics||PhD English|
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the USA! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for university of waterloo courses:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, Canada students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- President’s Scholarship of Distinction: This scholarship is available to students admitted to the full-time first-year degree program at the University of Waterloo and scored an average of 95%. They must be beginning their postgraduate studies in the fall. The value of the scholarship is CAD 2,000 (~INR 1,20,000)
- President’s Scholarship (Admission Average fo 90-94.9%): This scholarship is available to students admitted to the full-time first-year degree program at the University of Waterloo and scored an average of 90-94.9%. The scholarship amount is CAD 2,000 (~INR 1,20,000).
- Merit Scholarship (Admission Average fo 85-89.9%): This scholarship is available to students admitted to the full-time first-year degree program at the University of Waterloo and scored an average of 85-89.9%. The scholarship amount is CAD 1,000 (~INR 60,000).
- International Student Entrance Scholarships: Available to international students admitted to the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program. The student must have scored a minimum of 90%. The scholarship amount is CAD 10,000 (~INR 6,00,000)
Here is a list of the top companies that recruit students from the University of Waterloo:
- McKinsey & Co.
- Ernst & Young
This was all about the University of Waterloo Courses! If you are someone who wishes to study in Canada at the University of Waterloo, then you need to make sure your application stands out from the crowd. To make sure you make the required impact, contact the experts at Leverage Edu and start your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today!