The mechanism of disciplining, organizing, constructing, and overseeing a building project is Construction Management. These ventures span several industries, including agriculture, residential, business, institutional, etc. It addresses the treatment of administrative tasks on a construction site as a specific area of management. As more students want to study in Canada and prefer it as a study location for management courses abroad, Canada offers comprehensive construction management programmes that concentrate on equipping students with the requisite business acumen and company skills. Check this blog for details about pursuing Construction Management Courses in Canada.
Must Read: Community Colleges in Canada
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue Construction Management in Canada?
Canada is a thriving focus of education that annually draws a large number of foreigners. When it comes to education laws for foreign students, it is one of the most student and immigration friendly countries. Here are the key factors that will motivate you to choose Construction Management Courses in Canada:
- The nation requires international students to work with newer job openings for construction managers and does not require a special work visa while studying.
- The Toronto Region Board of Trade has positioned ‘Construction Managers’ at the 3rd position in the ‘top 50 in-demand construction-related jobs from 2017-2031’ list.
- Along with an easy and hassle-free student visa process, Canada has an education rate that is reasonable and comparatively less competitive than other nations such as the UK and the US.
For those who want to pursue construction management courses in Canada, here are the course details they must look into:
- Postgraduate and MBA degree programs offered in Construction Management are primarily available throughout the country.
- Most Canadian universities also offer short-term courses in construction management, such as postgraduate diplomas and qualification courses.
- Various approaches are used to familiarize students with particular subjects such as growth, the legal system, regulatory criteria, financial commitments, technological aspects, etc. They are included in a curriculum in this area.
- A Construction Management course trains students for technical duties that will make them successful in the management and planning major construction projects and various other facets, such as financing, scheduling, etc.
In order to follow a degree in Construction Management Courses in Canada, there are simple qualifying criteria. As a master’s degree or diploma degrees are the major programs offered, the licensing requirements defined for these courses are as follows.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a minimal GPA of 3.5 or otherwise stipulated by the institution you apply.
- Valid GRE scores or GMAT scores. (If required by the University)
- TOEFL rating: over 7; IELTS rating: above 80
The following documents are usually required to apply at any Canadian university to study construction management courses in Canada.
- Valid Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Proof of IELTS or TOEFL
- Three Letters of Recommendations (LORs)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Updated Resume
There is a wide variety of options in Construction Management Courses in Canada. Canada has one of the premier institutes in the world for management studies. Most Canadian universities also offer a wide range of Construction Management diplomas, certificates, and short courses. The following are the top universities for degrees in construction management in Canada.
|University of British Columbia||1 year||CAD 31,585 (INR18,15,865)||7th September 2021|
|Fanshawe College||1 year||CAD 14,750 (INR 8,48,027)||6th January 2021|
|Conestoga College||2 years||CAD 33,599 (INR 19,31,729)||11th January 2021|
|Canadore College||1 year||CAD 12,796 (INR 7,35,688)||11th January 2021|
|Lambton College||2 years||CAD 25,800 (INR 14,83,390)||11th January 2021|
|St. Clair College||1 year||CAD 15,366 (INR 8,83,480)||20th September 2021|
|George Brown College||1.5 years||CAD 21,900 (INR 12,59,281)||2nd January 2021|
|NSCC||2 years||CAD 11,690 (INR 6,71,953)||September 2021|
|Assiniboine Community College||9 months||CAD 19,280 (INR 11,08,233)||7th September 2021|
Must Read: Cost of Studying in Canada
After pursuing Construction Management Courses in Canada, you will see that the curriculum seeks to train students for wide-ranging organizational careers. The various career opportunities you can explore after completing a course in Construction Management are described below:
- Construction Manager
- Project Manager
- Building Control Surveyor
- Site Engineer
- Sustainability Consultant
- Estates Manager
Explore: 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
Therefore, choosing to study Construction Management Courses in Canada is a choice that will push you further into this area, giving you an overwhelming amount of job opportunities. To kickstart your career in the field of construction management, contact our experts at Leverage Edu. They will help you pick an ideal course at a leading Canadian university. Sign up for a free session today!