The Trudeau Foundation is an autonomous and non-partisan charity founded in 2001 by the family members, associates and colleagues as a living memorial to Pierre Trudeau, the former Canadian Prime Minister. The Government of Canada donated the Applied Studies in the Arts and Human Sciences Fund to the Foundation in 2002. This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on Trudeau Foundation Scholarships for international students in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
The Trudeau Foundation Scholarships programme concentrates on four topics that influenced Pierre Trudeau’s life and career, namely:
- Human Rights and dignity
- Active citizenship
- Canada and the world
- People and their natural environment
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships: Features
Up to 20 scholarships are offered by the Trudeau Foundation Scholarships program to outstanding doctoral students who are enrolled or admitted to an MPhil course in social sciences or humanities and pursue study in fields relevant to their four themes. The most competitive of its kind, this scholarship in Canada has consistently drawn the very best social sciences and humanities scholars: people with leadership ability and a passion for civic engagement who are expected to become national and international personalities.
Also Read: Scholarship in Canada for Masters
|Offered By||The Trudeau Foundation|
|Award||The annual value is up to $60,000 per Scholar
(including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) for up to 3 years.
|Application Deadline||December 2nd, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.|
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Trudeau Foundation Scholarships –
- You must either be admitted into, or be in first year, second or third of a full-time humanities or social sciences doctoral programme.
- The doctoral thesis shall cover at least one of the four topics of the Foundation: human rights and equality, active citizenship, Canada and the earth, persons and their natural environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or international university or a non-Canadian citizen (permanent resident or foreign national) enrolled in a graduate programme at a Canadian institution
Must Read: Study in Canada Without IELTS
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships: Expectations and Qualitative Demands
There are various demands and qualitative expectations which need to be met in order to be eligible for the Trudeau Foundation Scholarships. They are mentioned below-
- If you have a record of high academic achievement attested by your records and other forms of academic accomplishment (e.g. reviews, presentations at conferences).
- If you are an innovative thinker capable of engaging in serious, positive thinking about society
- In the sense of Brave Spaces, are you able to interact with a diversity of persons, communities, organisations, information forms, philosophies, and perspectives. In order to achieve your aims, are you willing to communicate peacefully through disagreements, even with others who have diverse views and ideologies.
- Are you interested inside and outside academia in events and organisations? Do you aspire in your community or organisations to take on greater leadership roles? Do you have the potential to take your research to the benefit of the broader public beyond academia?
- In the face of hardship, are you resourceful, adaptable, and resilient? In order to make a positive effect on your society or institution(s), are you ready to be tested and take risks.
Must Read:PhD in Canada with Scholarship
Other considerations for Applicants
There are other considerations provided for the benefit of applicants applying for the Trudeau Foundation Scholarships. They are listed below –
- Priority will be granted to young researchers who are at the beginning of their career and unique conditions will be considered.
- Willingness to embark on a revolutionary journey of leadership that requires dedication, modesty, emotional investment and self-reflection.
- Digital event attendance (mandatory and optional) on an ongoing basis.
- Commitment to developing your skills in the official Canadian language that you are less acquainted with and a curiosity in familiarising yourself with indigenous languages.
- Commitment to public work or projects for the environment (requirements are flexible in the context of the pandemic).
- Authenticity and completeness.
- Willingness of colleagues, Fellows and Advisors to understand.
- The Foundation is committed to the appointment of a diverse community of academics in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability, language, socio-economic context, indigenous expertise and area of origin, as well as backgrounds and disciplines, including diversity.
Also Read:Study in Canada after 10th
The application process of the Trudeau Foundation Scholarships has a lot of steps. They are listed below –
- Register: As the competition opens, register on the latest application site of the Foundation for an account. You would need to apply for a new account if you already have an account from a previous scholarship competition, since this year the Foundation has launched a new application platform.
- Fill out the application: You will not be able to build an application for the 2023 Competition until your registration is complete.
- Demographic statistics about yourself: To achieve its dedication to diversity and inclusion, the Foundation collects demographic information for statistical purposes. Only the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation will make use of this material.
- Essay Questions: Offer answers to four essay questions (200 to 400 words).
- Doctoral Studies and Themes: Offer knowledge with responses ranging from 200 to 400 words in length about your doctoral thesis.
- Referees: In the boxes issued, type the names and email addresses of two referees. An academic referee who may comment on your academic results must be at least one of them.
- Provide information about your language skills, your post-secondary schooling, your accomplishments, including grants, fellowships, honors, publications, seminars, extracurricular and service events, as well as your related job experience. Language Skills, Post-secondary Education, Achievements and Experience.
- Upload transcripts: If you have attended CEGEP in Quebec, upload transcripts for all your post-secondary studies, minus information relevant to CEGEP in Quebec.
The Trudeau Foundation is an autonomous and non-partisan charity founded in 2001 by the family members, associates and colleagues as a living memorial to Pierre Trudeau, the former Canadian Prime Minister.
The application deadline for the Trudeau Foundation Scholarship is December 2nd, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.
The Trudeau Foundation Scholarships is offered to outstanding doctoral students who are enrolled or admitted to an MPhil course in social sciences or humanities and pursue study in fields relevant to their four themes.
Therefore we come to the end of our blog.This was all about The Trudeau Foundation Scholarships. If you have any queries or doubts related to the application process, then reach out to Leverage Edu experts. Sign up for a free session today.