Are you planning to pursue further studies abroad? Then studying in Canada should be on your list. Right from quality education to world-class facilities, Canada is considered to be one of the best options for students planning to apply abroad. Education in Canada is mostly public-funded. However, like other countries, there are a number of private universities as well. Three degrees offered by the Canadian Education System are Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate. There are usually three intakes in Canada – Fall, Winter and Summer. The Fall Intake is popularly known as September Intake. Here in this blog, we cover all details about the September intake in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
- About September Intake In Canada
- September Intake in Canada Timeline 2023
- Universities offering September Intake in Canada
- When To Apply For The September Intake ?
- Application Process for September Intake in Canada
- Documents Required for Application
- Replying To Responses From Universities
- Visa And Loan Application
- How To Start Exam Preparation?
Must Read: Top 5 Reasons to Study in Canada
About September Intake In Canada
The Fall Intake begins in the month of September and the deadline is usually between December-March. It is considered to be the primary intake option in Canada with a large number of institutes offering courses across various streams compared to the other two intakes. If you wish to know more about the Fall Intake, popularly known as the September Intake, read on to find out more about the timeline of events you must follow, if you wish to secure admission.
September Intake in Canada Timeline 2023
Depicted below is the timeline for September intake in Canada 2023:
|April to August 2022||Shortlist your universities|
|September to November 2022||Start preparation for your standardised tests such as IELTS etc.|
|November to January 2023||Fill out application forms|
|January to February 2023||Start shortlisting and revert back to colleges|
|March to April 2023||Begin your financial planning to visit Canada|
Universities offering September Intake in Canada
Tabulated below are some of the top colleges and universities which are taking September intake in Canada. You can have a look here:
- University of Toronto
- Centennial College
- McGill University
- Conestoga College
- University of British Columbia
- Douglas College
- Universite de Montreal
- Fanshawe College
- University of Alberta
- George Brown College
- McMaster University
- Lakeland College
- University of Waterloo
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Ottawa
- Northern College
- University of Calgary
- Sheridan College
Also Read: Spring vs Winter vs Fall vs Summer Intakes
When To Apply For The September Intake ?
The applications for September Intake in Canada usually begins in the month of September. Candidates interested in applying should begin their research work about universities and colleges in the month of July-August.
- They should have in depth knowledge about the courses being offered and the ones they wish to apply for.
- Candidates should familiarize themselves with various bank loans and the prerequisites for applying.
- By August end, candidates should have shortlisted at least 8-10 universities that suit their requirements.
- They must also try and figure out the accommodation options available.
Once all of this is done, candidates must download the admission brochure and equip themselves properly with the necessary information of each university.
Application Process for September Intake in Canada
Here’s how you can start with the application process for September Intake in Canada 2023:
- Explore various universities and colleges, select a course, check fee structure, payment method, etc.
- As per university criteria, submit test scores for tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT etc.
- Apply to the universities with documents, including academic resume/CV, academic transcripts, proof of English language proficiency, SAT/GMAT/ACT/GRE scores, statement of purpose (SOP), letter of recommendation (LOR), and others.
- After receiving the letter of acceptance from a university, you can apply for the Canadian student visa.
Documents Required for Application
Before applying for the September intake in Canada, candidates must be well prepared with the paperwork. The application process could be a lengthy one, and hence candidates must always keep all the required documents handy at the time of application. Listed below are the important documents required for the application process –
- Marksheet of your previous degree
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation issued by previously attended university
- Scorecard of English Proficiency Test – IELTS,TOEFL andC1 Advanced
- Student VISA
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Updated CV (if applicable)
Once all of this is ready, candidates must apply for admission before the deadline. All the requisites must be completed on time. Some Universities might ask for different admission procedures, and the candidates must be prepared for it.
Replying To Responses From Universities
Once the applications have been submitted for the September intake in Canada, the candidates must be attentive to their responses from the universities. They must check their emails regularly and look out for responses from the universities they have applied for.
Some universities might ask you to appear for Personal Interviews, which are usually conducted during the initial months of the year. Once all the interviews have been conducted and the final shortlisting has been done, acceptance letters are sent out to the chosen candidates with a deadline for reply. Universities ask for a certain amount of deposit to lock a seat and as a confirmation of the acceptance letter.
Visa And Loan Application
The next crucial step for completing the admission procedure in the September intake in Canada, is applying for a visa. It must be noted that student visas might take a lot of time and the procedure too can be sometimes very hectic. Hence, candidates must apply for visa keeping that in mind.
Financial assistance and scholarship schemes must also be well researched. Candidates should apply for scholarship options provided by the university itself. If required, candidates might approach banks for loan application.
The final steps are considered the most crucial steps for completing the admission procedure, and it must be considered equally important. As any mistake here would lead to cancellation of the offer in the September intake in Canada.
How To Start Exam Preparation?
- Read about the standardized test necessary to get through the admission process- IELTS, TOEFL, SAT , GRE – depending upon the course you wish to take up and the university offering it.
- Register for tests like GMAT/GRE, three months before, say by June-July.
- Register for tests like TOEFL/IELTS, a month before the scheduled test date.
- Canadian Universities you wish to apply for ask for the scorecards of the tests you have appeared for, so it is better to appear for these tests keeping in mind that the score card must be ready at the time of actual application.
- Scorecards are considered to be an important requirement for all Canadian Universities, candidates must plan it out accordingly.
You must start planning for the September intake from august as applications for September Intake in Canada usually begins in the month of September.
The next step for completing the admission procedure in the September intake in Canada, is applying for a visa.
This was all about the September intake in Canada. Wish to apply for September Intake in Canada and confused on how to go about the applications? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you through. Sign up for a free session today!