Tracing its origin back to 1876, the University of Law is the UK’s largest and one of the oldest running law schools. The University of Law has 18 campuses including two international campuses in Hong Kong and Germany. Being one of the longest established law schools in the UK, it welcomes students from all over the world who want to pursue legal studies. It is the first private institution to be granted degree awarding powers by the Privy Council. It is home to approximately 8000+ students from over 120+ different countries around the world. If you are aspiring to study law in the UK, here is a blog that will enlighten you with the University of Law admissions.
|Name||University of Law (ULaw)|
|Former Name||The College of Law of England and Wales|
|Motto in English||Let us know the laws and rights|
|Campus Locations||UK, Hong Kong and Germany|
|Total No. of Students||8000|
|Streams Offered||Business and Law|
|Intakes||January and September|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the University of Law?
Before getting onto knowing the University of Law admissions, let’s first understand why one must study at this law school in the UK.
- The University of Law has a rich heritage and is the oldest Law school in the UK. With over 60,000 alumni around the world, the institution has built an international reputation for its own throughout the years.
- The institution offers quality education and world class degrees in a wide range of study programs in law, business, criminology and policing.
- Students can choose to study LLB with a specialisation in a particular area and a chance to learn from qualified lawyers. Over 90% of their LLB teachers are lawyers and the Business School teachers are highly experienced in the commercial field.
- As of June, 2021, The University of Law has been awarded 5 stars by QS World University Rankings in terms of Teaching, Research, Employability, Academic Learning and Inclusiveness.
- The University of Law is not only internationally recognised in terms of Academic Excellence but has worldwide connections. Leading global law firms and businesses work exclusively with the university, paving the way for students to build a career in the industry.
International students can seek admissions at the University of Law (UG and PG) in the following subjects:
Popular Undergraduate Courses
- LLB Law with Government and Politics
- LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated
- BSc International Business Management
- LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
- BA Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Professional Policing
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology
- Graduate Diploma in Law
- LLM Corporate Governance
- LLM Data Protection and Intellectual Property
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics
- LLM International Arbitration
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Finance Law
- LLM Company Law
- MSc Legal Technology
- MA Law
- LLM Environmental Law
- LLM Insurance Law
- LLM International Energy Law
Confused about which course to pursue in the UK? Use our trusted AI Course Finder and let AI decide which course is best suited for you to study at ULaw!
University of Law Admissions Requirements
Now that you are aware of the popular courses that are being offered at the ULaw, here are the University of Law admissions requirements that one must meet to study here in 2022. One must also make a note that the below-mentioned eligibility criteria are the entry-level requirements that students must meet and the eligibility criteria might vary from one course to another.
|Undergraduate Entry Requirements||IELTS 6.0 – 7.0 (depending upon the course you choose) with a minimum of 5.5 – 6.5 in each component.
Standard XII Higher Secondary Certificate with a minimum of 50% – 70% marks.
|Postgraduate Entry Requirements||IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Bachelor’s Degree with an overall aggregate of at least 50% – 70% marks (depending upon the course you choose).
2 – 5 years minimum of professional work experience in a management role (depending upon the course you choose).
After knowing about the University of Law admissions requirements for international students, here is a list of all the important documents that students will be asked to submit while carrying out the application process:
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Here is a list of the Documents Required for Applying to UK Universities
- Undergraduate Application: International applicants can apply to most of the on-campus undergraduate courses at the University of Law through Universities and Colleges Admissions Services (UCAS).
- Postgraduate Application: International applicants can apply for postgraduate programs at ULaw through direct application. This means that students can directly apply to Postgraduate courses through the University of Law website, including applications for full-time, part-time or online courses.
Here’s a general outlook of what your admission process might look like for studying at ULaw in the UK:
Cost of Studying at the University of Law
Those who are seeking admissions at the University of Law must know the average estimated cost of studying here for international students:
|Degree||Average Amount (GBP)||Average Amount (INR)|
|UG Degrees||14,750 – 16,875||14,70,461 – 16,82,307|
|PG Degrees||6,468 – 17,685||6,44,809 – 17,63,058|
Let’s walk you through some of the famous scholarships for international students looking for the University of Law Admissions.
|The Lord Blunkett Widening Access Awards||£1,000 (INR 1,01,516)|
|Law First Scholarships||£2,000 (INR 2,03,032)|
|The Rice-Jones scholarship||£250 (INR 25,379) and £1,500 (INR 1,52,274)|
|The Lawyer 2B Creative Thinking Award||£9,250 (INR 9,39,023)|
|Law For All Bursary||£1,000 (INR 1,01,516)|
|Bar Practice Course Awards||£2,000 (INR 2,03,032)|
|Nottingham Postgraduate Award||£1,000 (INR 1,01,516)|
This was all about the University of Law admissions and application process for international students for 2022. If you are planning to study at ULaw in the next UK intake, get in touch with a Leverage Edu counsellor right now and kickstart your application process in no time!