Since its establishment in 1826 in London, UK, the University College London is now the 3rd largest university in London in terms of the student population. Interestingly, it is also noted that UCL was also the first University to grant admission to women candidates. The founding members of the university are notable thinkers such as James Mill and Henry Brougham who took the initiative to form a secular alternative to Oxford and Cambridge. It is one of the Russell Group University that translates to it belonging to a set of research universities having a reputation for par academic excellence. Let’s have a look at the acceptance rate of University College London so that you can decide if you want to invest your time applying to this University.
|Name of University||University College London|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Scores Accepted||IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, Duolingo, Cambridge English|
|Application Fee||INR 7,000 to INR 10,000|
This Blog Includes:
- University College London Acceptance Rate
- University College London Rankings
- Popular Courses
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply to the University College London
- Average Fees at University College London
- Average Cost of Living in London
University College London Acceptance Rate
The University College London has an acceptance rate is around 63%, making it moderately easier to get into. This means that out of 100 applicants, around 63 students seeking admission at the University College London, get accepted. The University has an international student population of 23,200 international students from 150 countries. This makes the University College London an attractive prospect for higher education for international applicants in the United Kingdom.
University College London Rankings
|Source||2022 Rank||201 Rank|
|THE World University Ranking||18||16|
|QS World University Ranking||08||10|
The University College London offers international students more than 1,100 undergraduate and graduate courses in the following fields:
- Arts and Humanities
- Brain Science
- Social and Historical Science
- Engineering Science
- Life Science
- Medical Science
- Bartlett (Built Environment)
- Mathematical and Physical Science
- Population Health Science
Undergraduate Courses Eligibility Requirements
- Successful completion of one year of a bachelor’s degree at an Indian university recognized by UCL, with an average grade equivalent to UK Upper Second Class.
- The Year 12/Standard 12 Indian School Certificate awarded by CISCE or CBSE with five subjects at 90, 85, 85, 85, 85.
Postgraduate Course Eligibility Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/college with Upper second-class with either of these:
- A minimum CGPA grade of 7.75/10, 6.25/8.0, 5.75/7.0, 4.25/6.0, or 3.3/4.0.
- A minimum of 60% aggregate percentage.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/college with lower second-class with either of these:
- A minimum CGPA grade of 6.75/10, 5.75/8.0, 5.25/7.0, 3.75/6.0, or 3.0/4.0.
- A minimum of 55% aggregate percentage.
How to Apply to the University College London
- Visit the official website of the University
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’ option’
- Complete the form by filling in your educational history with all the qualifications
- Fill in all the details of your employment history if any
- Fill in the personal statement column
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned application fee
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Average Fees at University College London
Average Fees for international students for Undergraduate Courses:
|Course Type||Average Fee|
|Undergraduate||£23,300 – £34,100 (INR 23.05 – INR 33.74 Lakhs per year)|
|Postgraduate||£25,800 – £36,900 (INR 25.53 – INR 36.51 Lakhs per year)|
Average Cost of Living in London
There are some crucial elements that you need to know and plan once you decide to move to the UK for your degree. These elements include tuition fees, accommodation, and travel costs. Let’s have a look at these costs for the city of London:
|Category||Cost in INR & GBP|
|Tier 4 Visa||£1015 (INR 90,000) per month as proof of sufficient funds|
|Accommodation||£350 to £550 (INR 31000 – 49000) per month|
|Travel||£40 (INR 3,970) per month|
|Miscellaneous||£500 (INR 50,740) per month|
It is safe to say that admission to University College London is quite competitive and even if you meet the entry requirements, it does not guarantee your admission to the University. Also, in some of the individual departments, they may seek grades at a much higher level.
At the University College London in the United Kingdom students are required to maintain a minimum GPA score of 3.5 for them to have a greater possibility of getting admitted to the University College London.
Kingston University is your one-stop destination for its reputation to be standing tall as one of the easiest universities to get into in London. Kingston University is a well-known top global destination for fashion courses and its various fashion programs.
Aberystwyth University is known to have the highest acceptance rate of 96.1% among all well-known universities in the United Kingdom.
The University College London acceptance rate is the best way to assess your chances of studying at the university! Want to know how you can study in UK this 2022? Sign up for a FREE profile evaluation with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to be an early bird applicant!