UK is a popular study abroad destination, but selecting the right UK city is a major concern of all the students. Glasgow offers a perfect blend of culture, music, nightlife, shopping and top-class educational faculties. It is the perfect destination for all as it ticks every box, with a lively cultural scene, a friendly atmosphere, great architecture, and UK’s top universities are located in the city.
This Blog Includes:
“For cracking clubs and vegan cafes, glorious architecture and green spaces, students should look no further than Glasgow.”- The Guardian, 2019.
Why Study in Glasgow?
- Friendly Environment- Glasgow was voted the second friendliest city in the UK and the top 10 friendliest cities in the world according to Big7 travel in the year 2021. The people of Glasgow are friendly and international students can easily interact and fit in.
- Libraries to Museums: The oldest museum of Scotland, University of Glasgow’s Hunterian, and the biggest library in Europe Mitchell Library with over 1.3 billion books are in Glasgow. Students can explore some of the ancient books to modern e-books.
- Transportation: Transportation is easily accessible and affordable. There are about 3 airports in the city and underground subway that connects the whole of Glasgow. Students can travel without burning a hole in their pockets because the subway connects the whole city.
- Perfect for Sports Fanatics: Glasgow is the perfect package for sports lovers. Some of the popular sports are football, rugby, ice hockey, basketball, and swimming. It has also recently hosted the 2018 European Championships.
- Paradise for Nature Lovers: It has over 90 parks to give you a break from the hustle-bustle of city life.
Also Read: Benefits of Studying Law in the UK
Top Universities to Study in Glasgow
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Stirling (INTO)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Glasgow School of Art
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde is the second oldest university in Scotland and is a public research university founded in 1796. Some of the most popular courses at the University of Strathclyde are engineering, political science, business management, political science, finance and accounting, law, and architecture. The University of Strathclyde has been ranked 302 in QS World University Rankings 2022.
University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is a public research university and the fourth oldest university in UK. The University of Glasgow is also a member of the prestigious 24 Russell Group universities. It has been ranked 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022. The most popular courses are medicine and veterinary medicine.
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University is one of Scotland’s largest universities and is home to more than 25000 students from over 120 countries. It is ranked #1001-1200 in QS Global World Rankings 2022. The acceptance rate is highly competitive as admission committees only select 23 students out of 100. Some of the popular courses are economics, finance, accounting, fashion, marketing, tourism.
Intakes in Glasgow
There are two major intakes in Glasgow. Are you planning to study in Scotland for the upcoming intake but confused about which course to choose? Our AI Course Finder will sort out your worries and save your research time by selecting the course that fits perfectly with your profile, interests, and career goals.
|Intake in UK||Admissions|
|January/February Intake||June and September|
|September Intake||February and May|
Every university has different entry requirements based on the course you select. Here are some of the common entry requirements to study in Glasgow:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced
- GMAT/GRE for masters programs
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Cost of Studying in Glasgow
The cost of the study is different for all courses and universities in Glasgow. Medical, Engineering and MBA courses are a little expensive as compared to others.
|Undergraduate Courses (per year)||INR 1480170- 2589034|
|Postgraduate Courses (per year)||INR 1305860- 2611720|
From engineering to fine arts, universities in Glasgow offer courses in different areas. Check out the list of popular courses you can study in Glasgow:
- BSc Accounting
- BSc Astronomy
- BSc Biochemistry
- BEng Aeronautical Engineering
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Computer Science
- MSc Sociology
- MSc Economics
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Banking and Finance
Visa for Studying in Glasgow
Here are the two main types of UK student Visas you will need to study in Glasgow- Tier 4 student Visa and Short-term student Visa. UK Visa application fee is around INR 28650 and short term Visa fee is INR 15300
All set to study in Glasgow? Our experts at Leverage Edu can guide you through the entire admission process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 today for a free 30-minute counselling session!