Are you planning to pursue your master’s in the UK but are worried about your low GPA? While a good GPA score helps to secure admission easily, there are many colleges/universities in the UK that accept low GPAs and create a level playing field for international students to excel despite the rocky academic start. In accordance with this, we have compiled a blog where we have mentioned a list of top universities in the UK that accept low GPA for masters.
Know All About Study in UK without IELTS!
This Blog Includes:
What is Considered as Good and Low GPA?
|UK Degree Classification
|First-Class Honours (First or 1st) – Very Good GPA
|Grade A or 70% or above
|Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) – Good GPA
|Grade B or 60-69%
|Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2) – Low GPA
|Grade C or 50-59%
|Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) – Very Low GPA
|Grade D or 40-49%
UK Universities that Accept Low GPA for Masters
Following is the list of universities that accept low GPAs and is considered easy to get into:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bedfordshire University
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- De Montfort University
- East London University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Leeds Trinity University
- London Metropolitan University
- London South Bank University
- Northampton University
- University of Bolton
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Lincoln
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Roehampton
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Winchester
- University of Wolverhampton
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- York St John University
How to Get into UK Universities that accept Low GPA for Masters
You may have a low GPA, however, this doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to secure admission to a university abroad. Follow these while applying to universities that will help you in your admission:
- Explain the reason for your low grades- You can include this either in a personal statement or SOP or during an interview. You can also write a separate letter in this regard.
- A strong personal statement/statement of purpose will prove greatly useful.
- Highlight subjects or study areas in which you have better scores– Though your overall score may be low, you can highlight the subjects in which you performed well.
- Good scores in exams such as GRE or GMAT will improve your application.
- Focus on other parts of your application- Include relevant professional experience, internships, project experience and personal skills and expertise.
- Enrol in Courses- Take up additional short certification courses online or otherwise that would show the admission committee the skills you developed and enhance your profile.
Documents required will depend on the course and the university you are applying to. Following are the standard documents required:
- Completely filled application form
- a personal statement – explaining your motivation for choosing the programme and University, explaining your low grades, any relevant skills and experience you have (through studying or work), and your future career aspirations and how this programme will support you in achieving this
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Copy of English language test scores
- Copy of GMAT/GRE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII marksheet and certificates
- 2 references LOR, if required
- Copy of Passport
- Portfolio (for design courses)
- Research Proposal (for PG research programs)
All academic transcripts should officially be translated into English.
Popular Courses for Masters in UK
Here are some of the most popular masters courses to study in the UK for Indian students:
- MA Economics
- Law (LLM)
- MSc/MA Finance
- MA/MSc Accounting
- MA/MSc Psychol
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Management
- MSc/MEng Computer Science
- MA Political Science
- Master of Engineering
- Masters in Communications
- MA Journalism
- MSc in Mathematical Sciences
- MA in English
UK Admission Process
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
Getting a 7.5 CGPA is considered to be a very god grade point. However, it may be quite a high number for some students to get for admission in some of the top universities in the UK.
With a 2.2 CGPA in the UK, the student can apply for several Master’s programmes in the UK. However, before doing the same it is advised that one should look at the eligibility criteria for each course.
UK is a very good option for the student to pursue their Masters degree in the UK. The country is home to some of the top universities.
Want to study in the UK? Then call us on 1800 572 000 and apply with Leverage Edu experts to get quick admits from top universities in the UK within 14 days!