One of the highly competitive programmes, MSc Accounting and finance, is a postgraduate degree focusing on advanced accounting and finance management studies, Such as international accounting. This course lasts one to two years, depending on the university you are applying to. The major requirement to pursue this course is to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably accounting and finance, with a minimum GPA as set by most universities. If you want to know more about MSc accounting and finance, eligibility criteria, job opportunities and salary, study cost and much more. Then Keep Reading!
|Name of the course||Masters of Science in Accounting Finance|
|Level of the course||Post-graduation|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduation in relevant discipline with a minimum of 55%|
|Average course fees||INR 15,34,243|
|Average Salary||INR 4.40 Lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue MSc Accounting and Finance?
- Top Universities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- Cost of studying MSc Accounting and Finance
- Job Opportunities and Salary
Why Pursue MSc Accounting and Finance?
There are numerous reasons to pursue an MSc accounting and finance course. Some of the common reasons are
- MSc Accounting and Finance is a popular course; Accounting Finance is a popular study because it is consistently ranked as one of the top careers with consistent growth worldwide.
- Diversified Career Alternatives: If you are seeking a postgraduate course, you will have several options. However, if you opt for an MSc in accounting and finance, you can work in public and private sectors, such as NGOs, schools, and hospitals.
- Job Positions: you can work as a finance manager, accountant, and more.
- High Package: After completion of an MSc in Accounting and Finance, you get recruited by the top institutions and get high packages.
Must Read: Master of Finance
Given below are some of the top universities for MSc Accounting and Finance in India and Abroad. Check them out!
There are various universities in India that offer MSC accounting finance with affordable fees, excellence in teaching and much more. Some of the popular universities in India are
|Name of the Colleges||1st Year Tuition Fee|
|Miranda House||INR 19,800|
|Loyola College||INR 16,790|
|Hansraj College||INR 24,515|
|Presidency College||INR 1,270|
|Kirorimal College||INR 14,595|
|St. Xavier’s College||INR 7,187|
There are numerous universities across the globe that offer various programs in finance as well as accounting. Some of the best universities for accounts and finance across the globe as per World QS subject-wise rankings 2023 are as follows;
|Name of the University||World QS Rankings 2023|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||3|
|University of Oxford||4|
|University of Chicago||5|
|University of Cambridge||6|
|The London School of Economics and Political Science||7|
|University of Pennsylvania||8|
|University of Calfornia Berkeley||9|
|New York University||10|
You must qualify for a few eligibility requirements to pursue an MSc in accounting and finance at a top university. These are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants will typically have an undergraduate degree in Accountancy and Finance-related disciplines with at least a Second Class Honours pass, an equivalent international certificate, or an equivalent professional certification.
- Audit and taxation courses must have been covered as part of your undergrad degree or ACCA applied skills level.
English Language Requirements for MSc Accounting and Finance Abroad
When your first language is not English then you are first required to qualify for Language Proficiency Tests such as IELTS, and TOEFL.
Relevant Read: Accounting and Finance Courses at University of Buckingham
To pursue an MSc in accounting finance, you must first search for a university. After researching for a university, you are required to check late updates and notifications. However, the admission process for any university has common steps given below.
- First, you are required to fill out the application form available on the official website of your preferred university.
- You are suggested not to delay your application process by waiting to fill form two or three days before the deadline.
- After completing the first step, you must also submit a list of documents.
- Finally, Your preferred university will contact you through email or phone if you get admitted to your preferred university.
Documents Required for MSc Accounting and Finance Abroad
As mentioned above you are also required to submit a list of documents as a part of the application process. Some of the essential documents required to admit into your preferred university are;
- Language Proficiency Scores
- Degree certificates
- Application Form filled
- Financial statement
- Additional documents (the documents given above may vary depending upon the universities and courses, thus you are suggested to check the official website before applying.)
Relevant Read: Accounting and Finance Courses at the University of Reading
Cost of studying MSc Accounting and Finance
One prominently analysed aspect when pursuing a postgraduate degree is the cost of studying a programme at a particular university. However, the cost of studying depends upon the university, duration of the courses, and curriculum. The average cost of pursuing an MSc in Accounting and Finance is INR 15,34,243.
Job Opportunities and Salary
When you are interested in pursuing a career in accounting finance or simply accounts, you can encounter many job opportunities after earning a degree in accounting finance. Accounting and finance graduates with a master’s or post-graduate degree have a diverse labour market. An MSc in Accounting and finance can provide you with hands-on practical experience and qualify you for a variety of careers in the industry.
One of the major reasons for the popularity of MSc accounting and finance is the lucrative packages offered by top organizations. The salaries offered in popular countries are as follows;
|Name of the Country||Average Salary||INR Conversions|
Must Read: Career in Finance: Cracking the Code to Success
Ans. The Master of Applied Accounting is a one-year program for graduates who want to equip themselves with the fundamental accounting knowledge and skills, as well as critical analysis and business research capabilities, that are essential to decision-making in business, government, and private practice and are highly valued by employers.
Ans. By providing 11 courses that cover the applied knowledge and skills in the accounting and finance fields, this program aims to add value to professionals in accounting and finance, business managers, and executives. Students can choose two additional elective courses in addition to the eight required ones to ensure they have a balanced knowledge of both fields.
Ans. A bachelor’s degree in a different field, as well as relevant experience and training in management, accounting, finance, or related fields. The same result as on other tests. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or relevant work experience are preferred qualifications for applicants.
Are you planning to pursue a master’s degree in Accounting and Finance? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from the application to the Visa process to study abroad. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minute counselling session today.