The University of the West of England was established in 1992. It is a public university with three campuses: Frenchay, City, and Glenside. A well-known university in the United Kingdom, it has 31,877 enrolled students, which include 22,927 undergraduates and 8,950 graduate students. A total of 1,406 EU students and 3,867 international students are included in the student population. The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is located in Bristol, United Kingdom. According to the most well-known worldwide university rankings, it is among the top 1000 institutions in the world. The University of the West of England or the UWE Bristol is placed 401 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and also the UWE Bristol ranking is on 801 according to the QS World University Rankings in 2022.
This Blog Includes:
UWE Bristol Rankings
|THE (Times Higher Education) – University Ranking||601-800||401-500||401-500|
|QS – World University Ranking||751-800||801-1000||801-1000|
|The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK)||55||64||55|
|US News & World Report – Global Universities||1166||1142||1202|
|The Guardian – University Rankings||28||21||36|
UWE Bristol Course Rankings
|Courses||THE University Ranking, 2022||CUG University Ranking (UK), 2022|
|PG Business and Economics||301-400||NA|
|Business & Management Studies||NA||47|
|PG Engineering and Technology||301-400||NA|
|Arts & Humanities||301-400||NA|
|Communication & Media Studies||NA||39|
|Clinical and Health||251-300||NA|
Why study at UWE Bristol?
The University of the West of England (UWE) is a University Alliance member that offers undergraduate and master’s degrees. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider studying at this amazing university.
- It provides more than 600 programmes in a variety of lucrative fields. Apart from that, a variety of short-term and professional courses are also offered in a variety of subjects, including the arts, health, science, business, and technology.
- BBC, Rolls Royce, CERN, and the NHS are just a few of the major companies with whom UWE maintains significant ties.
- Several worldwide and national research program have been conducted by this research-oriented university.
- UWE has received several awards for its outstanding contributions to education. The institution’s philosophy program was rated sixth in the Guardian University League Tables, and the university was ranked 28th among the top 121 universities in the country.
- Several noteworthy people’s careers have been shaped by the University of the West of England. The university’s high standards of teaching and education are reflected in the alumni.
Radio personality Angellica Bell, comedian Russell Howard, artist Paul Coldwell, and sportsperson Simon Shaw are among UWE’s successful graduates. Bear Grylls, the famous TV personality, is one of the university’s notable alumni. Bear Grylls is well known for his famous television show Man Vs Wild, which premiered in 2006.
Under its five faculties, the University of the West of England provides a variety of foundation, undergraduate, graduate, professional, and doctorate degrees. Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and Management, Applied Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Creative Technology, Digital Marketing, Data Science, and other courses are among the most popular undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The following are the steps and prerequisites for admission to the University of the West of England:
- Portal for submitting applications: UG: Visit the UCAS website. PG: Visit the postgraduate programme websites to apply.
- Application Fee: UG: UCAS users – INR 1,900 for a single course, INR 2,400 for multiple courses.
- Admissions Requirements: Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions, Updated Resume and English proficiency test score card (TOEFL – UG: 80 or above, PG: 90 or above; IELTS – UG: 6.0 with 5.5 in each, PG: 6.5 with 5.5 in each).
Tuition Fee and Living Cost
The tuition charge for the University’s many programmes varies every programme, based on the duration, modality, and kind of applicant. The following is the cost of attendance, which includes the tuition price for various programmes as well as the cost of living:
|Type of Cost||Amount (per year)|
|Undergraduate programmes||INR 13 – 15 lakhs|
|Postgraduate programmes||INR 15 – 20 lakhs|
|Cost of living||INR 9 – 12 lakhs|
For overseas undergraduate and graduate students, the University of the West of England provides a range of scholarships.
|Chancellor’s Scholarship||Postgraduate students are given this award. Awardees will be required to do an internship with the International Office or other departments, as well as participate in ambassadorial activities.||50% of tuition fee|
|1st Formations Business Scholarship||Awarded to undergraduate and graduate students who apply to Bristol Business School for a programme.||approx( INR 58,000)|
|Faculty of Art, Creative Industries and Education Dean’s Bursary.||Awarded to Art, Creative Industries, and Education undergraduate candidates.||(INR 1 lakhs)|
|Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship||Awarded to the existing undergraduate UWE Bristol students continuing postgraduate.||50% of tuition fee|
The University provides graduates with a variety of career assistance, including:
- Alumni Connect is a website that connects students with industry experts and professionals, allowing them to contact them.
- The University also provides a Career toolbox via the Info centre to help students become more professional when it comes to resumes, interviews, and CVs, among other things.
- Career counselling is also available via the university.
- Top Companies: BBC, Rolls Royce, CERN, NHS, Big 4, Amazon etc.
The university hosts career fairs and assists students in meeting employers and recruiters on campus. The employment fairs attract about 170 exhibitors and 3,500 students. Students can volunteer with over 80 different organisations. A volunteer fair is also being held, providing students with options.
UWE Bristol remains among top 10 in student satisfaction when it comes to postgraduate programmes for three years in a row, according to the latest Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES).
No, It is not the part of Russell based group.
The University also has excellent Engineering-related degrees for students interested in the field. In fact, it does very well in the subject rankings, placed in the top 20 in the UK for Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering, and Manufacturing and Production Engineering (Complete University Guide 2022.
The acceptance rate and admission policy of the University of the West of England Bristol may vary by areas of study, degree level, student nationality or residence, and other criteria. However, as per the latest available data, published by UCAS, the UWE Bristol acceptance rate in the UK was recorded at 22.9%.
If you want to know more about the Universities and courses according to your profile then sign up for a free consultation with one of our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000, and we’ll help you select the ideal course and university for a successful career.