Renowned for its top-notch educational institutions all around the world, the USA is one of the prime locations for higher education. The country offers a lot of flexibility when it comes to the subjects that one can choose to study here. These vast career opportunities bagged with quality education and excellent teaching facilities makes it the most developed nation in the world. When it comes to choosing to study in USA, students often take the fall intake and it cannot be said that spring intake isn’t ideal for you. Through this blog, we’ll shed light on the different aspects of spring intake in USA.
Benefits of Spring Intake in USA
While making a career choice, it is important to analyse the pros and cons of your decision. Besides beautiful weather, summer vacation, spring intake in USA offers great benefits:
Let us take a look at the several advantages:
- The spring intake gives the student extra time to consider their choices and to explore what are the various options available to them after the completion of their previous course.
- It also gives them the much-needed space to revisit their decision, take a buffer period and analyze things in a new light.
- One can also utilize this time to make the necessary preparations that are required in case of relocation for International students. So, you can apply for visa and other mandates in this period.
- Though the number of top universities that offer admissions in the spring intake is less, nevertheless it gives you the opportunity to save a year and get yourself enrolled in an accredited institution.
- The Spring intake offers scholarly students the chance to complete their degree in a lesser time span and hence get ahead towards their goals as compared to others.
- Since the class size is smaller in the Spring intake in USA, the student-teacher ratio provides the scope for class discussion and improved learning.
- The students in the spring intake are grouped together with those in the fall intake exposing them to relatively older and experienced students in the institution. Hence, the opportunity to learn and grow are numerous depending upon the mindset of the candidate.
Also Read: Cost of Studying in USA
Deadlines and Documents
The spring intake in USA is best for all those who missed out on the fall intake deadlines. With the season beginning in January and ending around early May, it is important to note that the deadlines of different institutions vary as per the specific university. Usually, all your deadlines will be between July-September. So, it is important for applicants to be cautious about the deadlines other than the essential documents to be prepared.
Take a look at the documents required to apply for spring intake in USA:
- The attested marksheets of class 10th and 12th
- Transcripts of the previous qualifying examination
- Degree of the previous qualification (in some cases, Provisional Certificate would work)
- GRE or GMAT scores
- IELTS, TOEFL or PTE score sheet
- 2-3 LORs
- SOP and essay
- Valid passport
- Latest passport-sized photographs
- Certificates of extracurricular activities, internships, apprenticeships, etc (if there are any)
- Work experience (if there is any)
Institutions Accepting Spring Intake in USA
There are several American colleges and universities that extend their applications to offer a broad category of courses in various disciplines and sub-disciplines. Below mentioned are few of the most popular institutions that one must consider while looking for admission in the Spring intake in USA:
- Pace University
- San Francisco State University
- Nova Southeastern University
- University of Colorado
- Penn State Harrisburg
- Temple University
- San Jose State University
- State University of New York
- Rutgers University
- George Mason University
- University of North Florida
- Marquette University
- University of Memphis
- University of Connecticut
- University of Arkansas
- Eastern Washington University
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Maryland
- Auburn University
- City University of New York
- What Can You Do If You Miss The Fall Intake Deadlines?
- Winter Intake in Canada: Here Is What You Need To Know
- Intakes in Canada
- January Intake Universities in UK
It is the time when thousands of students apply for MS and MBA programs abroad. Whether planning to apply for fall or spring intake in USA, it is advisable to prepare beforehand. For complete assistance on application process, LORs and SOPs, take help of the industry’s leading experts at Leverage Edu. Our experts are currently working on November 2020 applications. For complete career guidance, book your 30-minutes counselling session with us now!