USA is one of the most desired destinations to pursue higher education because of the educational and research excellence that the Universities of USA are renowned for. Another point which makes USA such a sought after destination is the diverse courses offered across research, degree and part-time programs as well as almost every field and specialisation covered! With the universities around the world gearing up for the Fall intake 2023, the universities in USA are also releasing application deadlines for international students. This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on Fall Intake in USA 2023, universities you should apply for and the application essentials!
Read all about Intakes in USA !
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Fall Intake in USA?
- When to Apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023
- Fall Intake Universities in USA
- Application Essentials
- How to Apply to Fall Intake in USA 2023?
- Competitive exams for fall intake
- Standardised Admission Exams
- Documents Required
- Application Process for Fall Intake in USA
Why Choose Fall Intake in USA?
Now, you are planning to study in USA, there are various admission cycles in which you can apply, namely, the spring intake, fall intake and summer intake. Students often face a lot of confusion regarding which intake to choose for sending your application. Here’s what so special about fall intake in USA 2023:
- During the fall intake, the class size is bigger in comparison to other intakes. What this means is that during the fall intakes there is more probability of you getting accepted.
- Fall intakes are also more beneficial in terms of the courses offered. Universities in USA tend to offer more courses for the fall intakes as it’s the beginning of the academic cycle.
- The academic session for the fall intakes begin in late August to September and that’s around the time the most courses wrap up their semesters. So, if you apply for the fall intake you can pursue your masters without wasting your time.
- As fall intake is the beginning of the academic year, that means more job opportunities, internships and also extracurricular activities as you will have more time to explore all these fronts.
When to Apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023
As the fall intake for USA 2023 starts its academic session in August/September, the admission process usually starts at the end of November/December of the previous year, i.e. 2023 closes by the end of July 2023. But don’t wait till the last moment because most of the top universities consider admissions as early as January. So, if you wish to secure a seat for yourself in those universities, it’s better to apply as early as possible.
Fall Intake Universities in USA
Being one of the most important intakes for the Universities across USA, many of the top universities do accept candidates during the fall intake. Here is the complete list of fall intake universities in USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Stanford University, California
- Harvard University, Massachusetts
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Illinois, Champaign County, Illinois
- Auburn University, Alabama
- University of Dayton, Ohio
Here are the Scholarships to Study in USA for Indian Students!
Now, if you are planning to apply for the coming fall intake in USA, it’s better if you keep all the documents at hand in order to avoid any inconvenience later. So, to help you out, here is a list of documents that you would need to apply for the Fall intake in USA 2023.
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th standard.
- Transcripts of the previous qualifying examination (Undergraduate or graduate level, if applicable). Note that provisional certificates will be considered in case the original ones haven’t been issued during the time of application.
- As most courses consider GRE or GMAT scores for admission, you must have cleared these exams and acquired the scorecard.
- IELTS or TOEFL marksheet as every University in the USA asks you to clear any of their Language proficiency tests before applying.
- Letter of recommendations (2-3)
- Statement of purpose along with the College essay.
- Valid passport
- Latest passport-size photographs
- Other certificates which showcase your merits like internship certificates or participation certificates.
Here is the detailed Admission Process to Study in USA!
How to Apply to Fall Intake in USA 2023?
If you are serious about applying during the fall intakes in USA 2023, you need to start preparing now. To help you in this journey, here are a few things that you need to consider while planning to apply for Fall intakes in USA 2023.
- Create a list of Universities that you wish to apply for beforehand. So, that before the application procedure starts you have researched all about their particular admission criteria and others required to have an upper hand.
- As most Universities in USA ask for English language proficiency tests and other course-specific exams like GRE and GMAT, make sure that you have qualified those exams before the starting of the application procedure.
- For the Fall Intake in USA 2023, you must start applying for the universities as early as possible. The application for the fall semester starts as early as November of the previous year. So, make sure that you apply during that time and not wait for May or June because that might reduce your chances of getting admitted.
- As Universities make confirmation regarding admissions within 8-10 weeks, make sure that you keep checking the status of your application. Usually during the fall intake Universities start responding as early as January.
- Once you get the acceptance letter, the immediate step is to apply for the visa. So, before the beginning of the Fall semester, make sure you have a visa in your hand.
Competitive exams for fall intake
There are a few exams that you need to give in order to study abraod.
English Proficiency Exam
IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE exams may be involved. Not just for the US, but for any nation (where English is the native tongue), these exams are required. These show that you have strong English communication skills and can handle the classes and common conversations at your university. They are rather straightforward and assess your fundamental command of the English language. Each university has a minimum score requirement to be eligible to apply for its programmes. Generally, you require a TOEFL score of 100 or an IELTS score of 6.5 or above. There are a few things to keep in mind before taking the exam for the September intake in the USA: You can retake these exams as many times as you’d like, but each time will cost you the same amount.
Standardised Admission Exams
The GRE or GMAT exam is the additional test required for master’s admission. The importance of these exams to your application cannot be overstated. Your chances of being admitted to the university of your choice are better the higher your score. These tests put your logical and quantitative reasoning to the test. Although you are allowed to retake these tests, taking them more than twice is not advised. It takes a lot of time and costs a lot of money.
You must submit your academic records in order to submit your application for the USA autumn intake. These consist of your transcripts, degree certificates (or provisional certificates if your degree has not yet been issued), and semester-by-semester marksheets.
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- Entrance Exam Scorecards – SAT/ ACT
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Marksheets and pass certificates
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience Letters (if any)
- Certificates for extra-curricular activities
- Application confirmation copy
- Proof of Funds
Application Process for Fall Intake in USA
Once you’ve made the decision to enroll in the US autumn intake, start your application process by adhering to these admission requirements and stages.
• Look into the numerous universities, whether the ones stated above or others, choose a certain course, cost schedule, payment type, etc.
• Take exams like the IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, PTE, DET, and others as required by your university.
• Send documents with your application to colleges, such as your academic résumé or curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, evidence of your command of the English language, SAT/GMAT/ACT/GRE scores, statement of purpose (SOP), letter of recommendation (LOR), and others.
In the event that a crucial exam score is missed, you can still apply to institutions with a conditional offer letter.
• Once you get a letter of acceptance from an institution, you can apply for an F1 student visa with the necessary paperwork, including a passport, identity documentation, a receipt for the application cost, a photo, etc.
The following American universities have fall admissions: Princeton University, Harvard University, Stanford University, Caltech, and MIT.
One of the most popular intakes among international students looking to study in the US is the fall intake in the US, also known as the September intake in the US, which begins in late August or early September.
Fall enrollment has a number of advantages, including: access to a wide range of courses and degrees. The availability of financial help and scholarships and numerous employment and internship possibilities.
Know all about Spring Intake in USA
Thus, we hope that you have all the essential details you need to apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023! Need help with preparing your application for Fall intake 2023? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through every step of the process, from selecting the right course and university, sorting out the admission essentials, drafting SOP and LORs to helping gear up for standardised prep! Sign up for a session now!
Want to go without ielts /gre/gmat.SSC & HSC 2014 & 2016.is it possible to apply community College?
Want to go without ielts /gre/gmat.SSC & HSC 2014 & 2016.is it possible to apply community College?
We have a few blogs that may help you choose a university with no IELTS, GMAT or GRE in the UK-
You can also connect to our experts at 1800-572-000 who can guide you one on one.