USA is one of the most desired destinations to pursue higher education because of the educational and research excellence that the Universities of the USA are renowned for. Another point which makes the USA such a sought-after destination is the diverse courses offered across research, degree and part-time programs as well as almost every field and specialisation covered! With universities around the world gearing up for the Fall intake 2023, the universities in the USA are also releasing application deadlines for international students. This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on Fall Intake in USA 2023, universities you should apply for and the application essentials!
Must Read: Study in USA Guide for Indian Students 2023
This Blog Includes:
- Overview of Timeline
- Why Choose Fall Intake in USA?
- When to Apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023
- Fall Intake Universities in USA
- Fall Intake in USA: University Deadlines
- Competitive Exams for Fall Intake
- Documents Required
- Application Process for Fall Intake in USA
- Tips for Applying to Fall Intake in the USA
Overview of Timeline
A timeline for prospective students applying for the USA Fall admission in 2023 is shown below.
|April-July 2022: Do Research||Research US universities and make a list of shortlisted universities you wish to apply.|
|May to September: Take Standardized Tests||Take Standardized Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, ACT, SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc. as per the university requirement|
|November 2022 to July 2023: Apply to the Universities||Start applying to your shortlisted universities and submit all the required documents|
|January 2023 to July 2023: Accept the Offer Letter||Wait until you get an offer letter from the university after that you need to respond to them in a stipulated time|
|April 2023 to July 2023: Apply for a visa||Apply for scholarships and student visa|
|August 2023: Get ready to fly||Book your tickets and get ready to fly|
Read all about Intakes in USA !
Why Choose Fall Intake in USA?
Now, you are planning to study in the USA, there are various admission cycles in which you can apply, namely, the spring intake, fall intake and summer intake. Students often face a lot of confusion regarding which intake to choose for sending their application. Here’s what is so special about fall intake in USA in 2023:
- During the fall intake, the class size is bigger in comparison to other intakes. What this means is that during the fall intakes there is more probability of you getting accepted.
- Fall intakes are also more beneficial in terms of the courses offered. Universities in the USA tend to offer more courses for fall intakes as it’s the beginning of the academic cycle.
- The academic session for the fall intakes begins in late August to September and that’s around the time most courses wrap up their semesters. So, if you apply for the fall intake you can pursue your masters without wasting your time.
- As fall intake is the beginning of the academic year, that means more job opportunities, internships and also extracurricular activities as you will have more time to explore all these fronts.
When to Apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023
As the fall intake for USA 2023 starts its academic session in August/September, the admission process usually starts at the end of November/December of the previous year, i.e. 2023 closes by the end of July 2023. But don’t wait till the last moment because most of the top universities consider admissions as early as January. So, if you wish to secure a seat for yourself in those universities, it’s better to apply as early as possible.
Fall Intake Universities in USA
Being one of the most important intakes for Universities in the USA, many of the top universities do accept candidates during the fall intake. Here is the complete list of fall intake universities in the USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Stanford University, California
- Harvard University, Massachusetts
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Illinois, Champaign County, Illinois
- Auburn University, Alabama
- University of Dayton, Ohio
Here are the Scholarships to Study in the USA for Indian Students!
Fall Intake in USA: University Deadlines
|Name of the University||Deadlines|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||November 1, January 1|
|Stanford University||January 5|
|Harvard University||November 1, January 1|
|California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||November 1, January 3|
|The University of California Berkeley||November 30|
|Brown University||January 5|
|Texas A & M University||March 1|
|The University of Minnesota||January 1|
|North Carolina State University||November 1|
|Colorado School of Mines||January 15|
Competitive Exams for Fall Intake
There are a few exams that you need to give in order to study abroad.
English Proficiency Exam
IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE exams may be involved. Not just for the US, but for any nation (where English is the native tongue), these exams are required. These show that you have strong English communication skills and can handle the classes and common conversations at your university. They are rather straightforward and assess your fundamental command of the English language. Each university has a minimum score required to be eligible to apply for its programmes. Generally, you require a TOEFL score of 100 or an IELTS score of 6.5 or above. There are a few things to keep in mind before taking the exam for the September intake in the USA: You can retake these exams as many times as you’d like, but each time will cost you the same amount.
Standardised Admission Exams
The GRE or GMAT exam is the additional test required for master’s admission. The importance of these exams to your application cannot be overstated. Your chances of being admitted to the university of your choice are better the higher your score. These tests put your logical and quantitative reasoning to the test. Although you are allowed to retake these tests, taking them more than twice is not advised. It takes a lot of time and costs a lot of money.
You must submit your academic records in order to submit your application for the USA autumn intake. These consist of your transcripts, degree certificates (or provisional certificates if your degree has not yet been issued), and semester-by-semester mark sheets.
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- Entrance Exam Scorecards – SAT/ ACT
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Marksheets and pass certificates
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience Letters (if any)
- Certificates for extra-curricular activities
- Application confirmation copy
- Proof of Funds
Application Process for Fall Intake in USA
Once you’ve made the decision to enrol in the US fall intake, start your application process by adhering to these admission requirements and stages.
• Look into the numerous universities, whether the ones stated above or others, and choose a certain course, cost schedule, payment type, etc.
• Take exams like the IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, PTE, DET, and others as required by your university.
• Send documents with your application to colleges, such as your academic résumé or curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, evidence of your command of the English language, SAT/GMAT/ACT/GRE scores, statement of purpose (SOP), letter of recommendation (LOR), and others.
In the event that a crucial exam score is missed, you can still apply to institutions with a conditional offer letter.
• Once you get a letter of acceptance from an institution, you can apply for an F1 student visa with the necessary paperwork, including a passport, identity documentation, a receipt for the application cost, a photo, etc.
Here is the detailed Admission Process to Study in the USA!
Tips for Applying to Fall Intake in the USA
Here are some pointers to help you apply to a university in the United States for the autumn semester:
- Create an Excel sheet with all of your colleges’ names and important information put in the columns. This information may include the programme name, course link, deadline, fees, average living cost, essay questions (if any), application link, your application login details, and so on.
- Another approach to keeping organised is to stick to a timetable, especially when studying for examinations. This will ensure that you have enough time to study while also continuing with your daily activities.
- The majority of urgent deadlines fall in November and December. Some US institutions’ usual deadlines for Fall 2024 begin in these months; consequently, bear these dates in mind.
- All of the months listed are one year before your starting year. This means that if you intend to begin your master’s degree in the United States in the autumn of 2024, you should begin this process in the equivalent months of 2023.
Ans. The following American universities have fall admissions: Princeton University, Harvard University, Stanford University, Caltech, and MIT.
Ans. One of the most popular intakes among international students looking to study in the US is the fall intake in the US, also known as the September intake in the US, which begins in late August or early September.
Ans. Fall enrollment has a number of advantages, including access to a wide range of courses and degrees. The availability of financial help and scholarships and numerous employment and internship possibilities.
Know all about Spring Intake in USA
Thus, we hope that you have all the essential details you need to apply for Fall Intake in USA 2023! Need help with preparing your application for Fall intake 2023? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through every step of the process, from selecting the right course and university, sorting out the admission essentials, and drafting SOP and LORs to help gear up for standardised prep! Sign up for a session now!