USA is one of the most desired destinations to pursue higher education because of the educational and research excellence that the Universities of USA are renowned for. Another point which makes USA such a sought after destination is the diverse courses offered across research, degree and part-time programs as well as almost every field and specialisation covered! With the universities around the world gearing up for the Fall intake 2021, the universities in USA are also releasing application deadlines for international students. This blog brings you a comprehensive guide on Fall Intake in USA 2021, universities you should apply for and the application essentials!
Read all about Intakes in USA 2021!
This Blog Includes:
Why Choose Fall Intake in USA?
Now, you are planning to study in USA, there are various admission cycles in which you can apply, namely, the spring intake, fall intake and summer intake. Students often face a lot of confusion regarding which intake to choose for sending your application. Here’s what so special about fall intake in USA 2021:
- During the fall intake, the class size is bigger in comparison to other intakes. What this means is that during the fall intakes there is more probability of you getting accepted.
- Fall intakes are also more beneficial in terms of the courses offered. Universities in USA tend to offer more courses for the fall intakes as it’s the beginning of the academic cycle.
- The academic session for the fall intakes begin in late August to September and that’s around the time the most courses wrap up their semesters. So, if you apply for the fall intake you can pursue your masters without wasting your time.
- As fall intake is the beginning of the academic year, that means more job opportunities, internships and also extracurricular activities as you will have more time to explore all these fronts.
When to Apply for Fall Intake in USA 2021
As the fall intake for USA 2021 starts its academic session in August/September, the admission process usually starts at the end of November/December of the previous year, i.e. 2020 closes by the end of July 2021. But don’t wait till the last moment because most of the top universities consider admissions as early as January. So, if you wish to secure a seat for yourself in those universities, it’s better to apply as early as possible.
Fall Intake Universities in USA
Being one of the most important intakes for the Universities across USA, many of the top universities do accept candidates during the fall intake. Here is the complete list of fall intake universities in USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Stanford University, California
- Harvard University, Massachusetts
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Illinois, Champaign County, Illinois
- Auburn University, Alabama
- University of Dayton, Ohio
Here are the Scholarships to Study in USA for Indian Students!
Now, if you are planning to apply for the coming fall intake in USA, it’s better if you keep all the documents at hand in order to avoid any inconvenience later. So, to help you out, here is a list of documents that you would need to apply for the Fall intake in USA 2021.
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th standard.
- Transcripts of the previous qualifying examination (Undergraduate or graduate level, if applicable). Note that provisional certificates will be considered in case the original ones haven’t been issued during the time of application.
- As most courses consider GRE or GMAT scores for admission, you must have cleared these exams and acquired the scorecard.
- IELTS or TOEFL marksheet as every University in the USA asks you to clear any of their Language proficiency tests before applying.
- Letter of recommendations (2-3)
- Statement of purpose along with the College essay.
- Valid passport
- Latest passport-size photographs
- Other certificates which showcase your merits like internship certificates or participation certificates.
Here is the detailed Admission Process to Study in USA!
How to Apply to Fall Intake in USA 2021?
If you are serious about applying during the fall intakes in USA 2021, you need to start preparing now. To help you in this journey, here are a few things that you need to consider while planning to apply for Fall intakes in USA 2021.
- Create a list of Universities that you wish to apply for beforehand. So, that before the application procedure starts you have researched all about their particular admission criteria and others required to have an upper hand.
- As most Universities in USA ask for English language proficiency tests and other course-specific exams like GRE and GMAT, make sure that you have qualified those exams before the starting of the application procedure.
- For the Fall Intake in USA 2021, you must start applying for the universities as early as possible. The application for the fall semester starts as early as November of the previous year. So, make sure that you apply during that time and not wait for May or June because that might reduce your chances of getting admitted.
- As Universities make confirmation regarding admissions within 8-10 weeks, make sure that you keep checking the status of your application. Usually during the fall intake Universities start responding as early as January.
- Once you get the acceptance letter, the immediate step is to apply for the visa. So, before the beginning of the Fall semester, make sure you have a visa in your hand.
Know all about Spring Intake in USA 2021
Thus, we hope that you have all the essential details you need to apply for Fall Intake in USA 2021! Need help with preparing your application for Fall intake 2021? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through every step of the process, from selecting the right course and university, sorting out the admission essentials, drafting SOP and LORs to helping gear up for standardised prep! Sign up for a session now!