The United States is a popular study destination for international students. US universities are also regarded as the best ones in the world. The University of California, Irvine is a prominent learning center for International students. Led by Chancellor Howard Gillman, UCI has more than 37,000 students and offers 222 degree programs. This institution has been responsible for providing world leaders and changemakers ever since its inception. This blog is your portal to all the information about UC Irvine acceptance rate!
|Size of Campus in acres||1,525 acres|
|Courses Offered||More than 80 areas of study|
|Application Fee (International Applicants)||UG: 80 USD (INR 6000)
PG: 140 USD (INR 10500)
|Mode of Study||On-campus, online|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Wise|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at UC Irvine?
UCI is one of the top ten public universities in the US, with over 85 undergraduate degree programmes and the chance to study with internationally recognised teachers creating innovative research. 73 % of your graduating class will have participated in undergraduate research by the time you are a senior. Apart from the sprawling campus and sporting facilities, the university is renowned for its academic and research vigour. The university has produced three Nobel prize-winning researchers, F. Sherwood Rowland and Irwin Rose in chemistry, and Frederick Reines in physics. The university boasts 28 national titles in athletics in 9 sports. The university has also produced 56 Olympians. The university is the fourth in the world to receive the prestigious STARS platinum rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education. Apart from all this, the university also holds 4 Guinness world records. The exceptional rankings make it justifiable to have a higher acceptance rate at the UC Irvine.
UC Irvine Rankings
|Rankings (US News)||Institution Offerings|
|15||Best Colleges for Veterans|
|48||Best Undergraduate Teaching|
|182||Best Value Schools|
|40||Most Innovative Schools|
|2||Top Performers on Social Mobility|
|9||Top Public Schools|
|42||Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs|
UC Irvine Acceptance Rate
With a 30% acceptance rate, University of California-Irvine admissions is the most competitive. The University of Irvine does not specifically provide the average GPA of new students. According to their website. The majority of students admitted to UC Irvine have a GPA ranging from 4.0 to 4.26.
The admission rate for graduate programmes at UC Irvine is 20.3%. Around 20% of the school’s 27,189 students are enrolled in a graduate programme.
|Transfer Academic Update (TAU)||31 January 2022|
|Second Baccalaureate Candidates||16 February 2022|
|UC Application||8 January 2022|
|Apply for Fall||1st November to 30th November|
|First-Year Applicant||1st March to 31st March 2022|
|Transfer Student Admission||1st April to 30th April 2022|
|Financial Aid Application||1st May 2022|
|First-year Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)||1st May 2022|
Top Courses offered at UC Irvine
The top courses offered at the University of California–Irvine includes:
- Public Health
- Business/Managerial Economics
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Social Psychology
- Computer Science
- Sociology, General
- Political Science Government
Eligibility Criteira for UCI
- Official / Certified High school and college transcripts in both native and English with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.4.
- In the 15 necessary “a-g” topic courses, you must have a 3.0 GPA (3.4 for non-California residents) or better, with no grade lower than a C. The “A-G” requirements are the bare minimum of academic preparation required for admission to the University of California.
- Two years of history – one year of global or European history, cultures, and geography, followed by one year of American history, or one half-year of American history followed by one half-year of American government or civics.
- English for four years
- Three years of mathematics (four years is preferred) – Algebra, geometry and advanced algebra are required.
- Two years of science (three years preferred) – Must contain two years of laboratory science, but extra years may include applied science, engineering, computer science, and other integrated science courses.
- Two years of a language other than English (three years suggested)
- One year of visual and performing arts
- College-preparatory electives for one year
- Non-Californians: While there is no pre-approved course list for institutions outside of California, out-of-state candidates should take a mix of hard courses throughout high school.
- Specific qualifications for India: Applicants must pass both year X and year XII state board or CBSE exams with an average of at least 70 and no grade below 60.
To study at UC Irvine you must have completed your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education in English in order to enrol in these courses. Following are the documents required:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- University supplementary form
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT/GMAT/GRE Score is recommended
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
According to the admissions standards given below, qualified applicants will be granted available spaces based on merit. Admission to the UC Irvine needs:
- A filled-in online application and payment of a requisite fee
- You might need to submit your academic transcripts
- GRE scores might be required by some institutes
- English language competency might be required (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Once you submit the application, you might be called for an interview based on your application’s merit
- If you clear the interview, you can proceed with admissions
- You will need to submit the first-semester tuition fee to confirm admission and apply for a student visa to study in the USA.
Cost of Studying
Following is an approximate cost of studying at UC Irvine:
|Tuition||$11,442.00 (INR 8.63 Lakh)||$11,442.00 (INR 8.63 Lakh)|
|Student Services Fee||$1,128.00 (INR 85000)||$1,128.00 (INR 85000)|
|Associated Students Fee – ASUCI Fee||$54.00 (INR 4000)||$54.00 (INR 4000)|
|Associated Students Fee||$75.00 (INR 5600)||$75.00 (INR 5600)|
|UCI Student Center Fee||$267.00 (INR 20000)||$267.00 (INR 20000)|
|UCI Student Center Fee – Continuation Fee||$159.30 (INR 12000)||$159.30 (INR 12000)|
|Bren Events Center Fee||$69.00 (INR 5200)||$69.00 (INR 5200)|
|Recreation Center Fee||$264.00 (INR 20000)||$264.00 (INR 20000)|
|Campus Spirit Fee||$99.00 (INR 7500)||$99.00 (INR 7500)|
|Measure S Fee||$24.00 (INR 1800)||$24.00 (INR 1800)|
|TGIF Fee||$10.50 (INR 800)||$10.50 (INR 800)|
|Anteater Express Fee||$134.15 (INR 10100)||$134.15 (INR 10100)|
|Club Sports Fee||$16.50 (INR 1245)||$16.50 (INR 1245)|
|SOAR Fee||$22.31 (INR 1680)||$22.31 (INR 1680)|
|Food Pantry Fee||$10.29 (INR 775)||$10.29 (INR 775)|
|Document Fee||$165.00 (INR 12450)||$165.00 (INR 12450)|
|UG Student Health Insurance Plan Fee||$1,962.18 (INR 148000)||$1,962.18 (INR 148000)|
|Nonresident Supplemental Tuition||———-||$29,754.00 (INR 22.45 Lakh)|
|Total||$15,902.23 (INR 12 Lakh)||$45,656 (INR 34.45 Lakh)|
Cost of Living
|Room and Board||$16,677 (INR 12.58 Lakh)||$16,677 (INR 12.58 Lakh)|
|Other Living Expenses||$4,250 (INR 3.2 lakh)||$5,116 (INR 3.86 Lakh)|
|Books and Supplies||$1,361 (INR 1.02 Lakh)||$1,361 (INR 1.02 Lakh)|
|Total||$22,288 (INR 16.81 Lakh)||$20,511 (INR 15.47 Lakh)|
There are three kinds of scholarships offered at the University of California Irvine:
- The Regent’s Scholarship: The Regents’ Scholarship is one of the most prominent scholarships available at UC Irvine for newcomers and transfer students enrolling directly from high school or a California Community College. As long as the qualifying standards are completed, this scholarship is renewable for three years for newcomers and one year for transfer students.
- The Excellence Scholarship of the Chancellor: The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship is among the most well-known UC Irvine scholarships available to newcomers and transfer students who have graduated from high school or a California Community College.
- The Scholarship of the Directors: The Directors’ Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered to in-state and out-of-state students at UC Irvine. If the eligibility requirements are met, this scholarship will be extended for another year.
UCI receives 88% of students’ SAT scores. When applying, 41% of candidates provide their ACT scores.
Admission to UCI is granted to just 27% of those who apply. The college has strict admission criteria and has a high level of competitiveness for admission.
The middle half of admitted candidates had SAT scores ranging from 1170 to 1420. When applying to colleges, 88% of students submit their SAT results.
In the centre, 50% of admitted candidates had ACT scores ranging from 24 to 33. When applying, 41% of students submit their ACT results.
UC Irvine has a 28.8 % admission rate. Only 29 out of every 100 applications are accepted. This acceptance rate indicates that the university is extremely selective. You have a good chance of getting into UC Irvine if your GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application requirements are met.
We hope this blog helped you understand the UC Irvine acceptance rate. Want to study at UCI? Reach out to experts at Leverage Edu and get all your study abroad doubts cleared. Call us at 1800572000 and book your free session with us today!