With time, the USA has emerged as one of the top destinations to pursue higher education from, as it is the home to many of the top universities of the world. The USA is one of the most diverse countries in the world, the students find themselves in a world full of opportunities, both in terms of growth and experience. So, if you are planning on pursuing your MS from abroad, then the USA might be the right destination for you.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MS in USA?
- Top MS Specialisations in USA?
- Top Universities for MS in USA
- Eligibility Criteria for studying MS in USA
- Documents Required for MS in USA
- Duration of MS in USA
- Cost of MS in USA
- Scope of Earning
- Admission Requirements for MS in USA
- Popular Scholarships for MS in USA
|MS||Masters in Science|
|Average cost||$44,000-$58,000 or INR 32,47,750 – 42,92,000
(including all expenses)
|Average salary after MS||$71,663 – $67,891(INR 52,89,481- 50,11,068)|
|Degree type||Professional, masters degree|
Why Study MS in USA?
When you are deciding where to pursue your higher education, the most important thing is to find a University where all your requirements in terms of the course and campus experience could get fulfilled. And the USA is that one location where all your expectations can come to fruition. So, to help you make the right decision, we would like to familiarise you with some reasons why the USA is the right place to pursue your MS from.
- As the Universities of USA have a strong international presence, the degree holders of these Universities also receive an international reputation.
- The academic environment is one which promotes interactive and interdisciplinary learning, giving you the opportunity to learn and grow.
- The Universities of USA offer a number of MS courses with diverse specialisations from which you can choose one matching your interests and skillsets.
- The US government invests a lot into the research and development sector. So, if you study MS in USA, you will have a better chance of conducting research and getting the required funding for it.
Want FREE Career Counselling? Register Here!
Top MS Specialisations in USA?
The key highlight of pursuing your MS in USA is the number of diverse specializations that they offer to the students. From there, you can definitely find the ideal courses for yourself as it covers almost every field or discipline. To make it easier for you, we have come up with a list of the key MS Specialisations offered by the Universities of USA.
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Psychology
- MS in Power Engineering
- MS in Wireless Communications
- MS in Game Design and Development
- MS in Pharmacy
- MS in Biotechnology
- MS in Life Sciences
- MS in Petroleum Engineering
If you are looking for a master’s program which will enhance your knowledge of computers and related systems then MS in computer science might be the right academic choice for you. Under MS in computer science, a wide array of topics are covered including Human-Computer Interaction, High-Performance Computing, Fundamental Data Structure, Operating Systems and Networks, Algorithms, Theory of Computing, Design, and Implementation of Artificial Intelligence, etc., aiming to give you a full-fledged understanding of everything related to computers.
As the USA is a significant contributor towards research and innovation in fields related to biotechnology, the Universities of the USA have become the aptest choice for doing MS in biotechnology. As a course, MS in biotechnology enables the students to combine biosciences with technology in order to come up with innovative solutions. It’s an interdisciplinary program that combines various theories related to biomedicine, bioscience, and biology to produce new Chemical compounds.
MS in psychology is one of the most sought-after courses for doing MS in USA. Under this course, the students will be dedicated to deciphering the workings of the human mind in a scientific manner. It’s a two-year professional course that lets the students not only understand the functioning of the human mind but also the factors which impact and shape this functioning.
MS in Cybersecurity
An MS in cybersecurity deals with that branch of science that works towards reducing cybercrimes and enhancing the level of data security. The curriculum of MS in cybersecurity deals with fields like computer security management, security threat assessment, all of which together teach you the technique on how to protect or secure online data from being hacked or misused.
Top Universities for MS in USA
Given below is a list of the top Universities in USA from where you can pursue an MS degree.
|The University of Tampa||MS in Cybersecurity
MS in Entrepreneurship
MS in Instructional Design and Technology
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology
MS in Chemistry
MS in Cybersecurity
|Harvard university||MS in Data Science|
|Stanford university||MS in Computer Science
MS in Electrical Engineering
MS in Mechanical Engineering
MS in Statistics
|Arizona state university||MS in Biomedical Engineering
MS in Computer Science
MS in Material Science and Engineering
|California state university||MS in Computer Science
MS in Electrical Engineering
MS in Information Systems
|University of Pittsburgh||MS in Psychology|
|Northwestern university||MS in Game Science and Design|
Eligibility Criteria for studying MS in USA
The eligibility requirements to study MS in USA might vary depending on the University and course that you wish to take. But given below are the general requirements that you need to qualify in order to pursue your MS in USA:
- The candidates must have done their masters with a minimum average GPA of 3.5 in a related field from a reputed institution.
- Must have cleared the GRE exam with a score of 330 or above.
- International students must have cleared any of the English language proficiency exams. IELTS and TOEFL are preferred.
- Must have gained professional experience in the field during the undergraduate years. Internships in the field are counted as experience.
Documents Required for MS in USA
The application process for MS admissions is very extensive and below are the documents required for how to pursue MS in USA:
- An updated CV with the correct format
- Transcripts signed and stamped by the respective HOD or principal
- Qualifying mark sheets of previously attended institutes
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial statements from banks not older than 3 months. It must show sufficient funds.
- Health Insurance
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card/Passport for visa process/Voter ID Card, etc
Duration of MS in USA
The duration of how to pursue MS in USA universities typically ranges between 1.5 years – 2 years. Masters program in subjects like Engineering, Computer Science might take 3-5 years to complete whereas Medicine degrees are designed for up to 6 years. It depends upon the specialization a person selects.
Cost of MS in USA
The cost of an MS in USA is based upon the credit hour of the course and the type of university (private or public). The minimum credit hours of an MS program is 30 hours. The average cost of how to pursue an MS in USA is between 30,000 USD – 1,20,000 USD. It also varies from institution to institution.
Scope of Earning
As per Statista, the projected salaries for how to pursue MS in the USA in 2020 were:
|Engineering||Ranges around 77,000 USD|
|Business||Ranges around 75,000 USD|
|Computer Science||Ranged around 79,000 USD|
|Sciences & Mathematics||Ranges around 79,000 USD|
Admission Requirements for MS in USA
Candidates need to follow admission requirements for how to pursue MS in USA:
- 3 – 4 years of bachelors degree in relevant field
- GPA 3.5 or above
- GRE score of 330 or above
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Internships
- Social and Leadership Activities
- 2 – 3 Letter of Recommendation
- Research papers published in a good conference add greater value in the selection
Popular Scholarships for MS in USA
Following are the well-known scholarships that will help on how to pursue MS in USA:
- Next-Gen Scholarship: The scholarship amounts to 1000 USD
- Fullbright Foreign Student Program: The scholarship grants funds for airfare, tuition, living stipend, health insurance for the duration of the study
- United States South Pacific Scholarship Program (USSP): The scholarship grants funds for airfare, tuition, living stipend, hall room costs, health insurance for the duration of the study
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program (Government): The scholarship rewards tuition fees, living allowance, accidental insurance, Air travel, professional activities.
- Community College Initiative Program 2018 (Fully-Funded): The scholarship grants funds for airfare, tuition, living stipend, health insurance, cultural enhancement activities for the duration of the s
This is all you need to know about doing MS in USA. The investment towards studying MS in USA is quite high but the returns that a master’s degree holder receives compensates for the cost. So, in case you have made your decision to pursue your MS from USA and wish to know more about it, contact our Leverage Edu experts who are always there to help you out. So, sign up for a free session now.