Established in 2017 following a merger of two iconic higher education institutions, Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University, this newly formed university has a century of experience and is reinventing education for the 21st century. Thomas Jefferson University has pioneered a new vision of “redefining what exists and all that can be” with its nexus learning, the Jefferson X Factor. The Finance course at Thomas Jefferson University is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Finance courses at this university. In this blog, we will discuss detailed information about pursuing Finance courses at Thomas Jefferson University.
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Average Class Size||18|
|Student: Faculty ratio||12:1|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at Thomas Jefferson University?
- Thomas Jefferson University Rankings
- About Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
- Thomas Jefferson University Admission Deadline
- Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University Subjects
- Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Cost of Studying
- Scholarships for Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
- Placements at Thomas Jefferson University
Why Study at Thomas Jefferson University?
- Thomas Jefferson University is affiliated with NCAA Division II – CACC.
- Thomas Jefferson University is ranked #148 in National Universities by US News and World Report Rankings 2022.
- Thomas Jefferson University is on a path that will lead to numerous awards, thanks to its unique shape and vision to create a new education system for the 21st century.
- The university’s future-oriented operations seek not only to provide trained and qualified graduates who can work n an ever-demanding and changing economy but also prepare students for what is to come in the next decade or two.
- This is evidenced by the university’s emphasis on practical learning experiences for students, which has resulted in high undergraduate and graduate employment rates.
Must Read: Study in USA Guide for Indian Students
Thomas Jefferson University Rankings
Let’s first take a look at Thomas Jefferson University’s impressive rankings:
|National Universities in the USA by US News and World Report 2022||#176|
|Top Performers in Social Mobility by US News and World Report 2022||#236|
|US College Rankings by Times World University Rankings 2022||#135|
|QS Subject Rankings 2022||#313|
About Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
- The Jefferson Finance Program (University of Philadelphia + Thomas Jefferson University) prepares students to become professionals with a thorough understanding of global financial markets and financial institutions.
- The graduates are equipped with the skills to tackle complex financial problems and the professionalism to work effectively in any environment.
- As a student in the program, you will have the opportunity to network with industry professionals, compete in international competitions, manage an investment portfolio through their Student Managed Investment Fund, study abroad for a semester, and earn your iMBA degree in addition to the year Prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst Level I (CFA) exam.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Thomas Jefferson University Admission Deadline
The admission deadlines for international students are:
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University Subjects
Now, let us see what compulsory and optional subjects come under the Finance Course at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Statistics
- Applied Business Statistics
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Management Information Systems
- Business Capstone I
- Business Capstone II
- Integrative Design Process
- Multimedia Communication
- Global Diversity
- Business Models
- International Finance and Development
- Intermediate Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning and Risk Management
- Financial Modelling
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
The Finance Course specialisation offered by the university is:
|Finance Course Options||Duration|
|Bachelor of Finance||4 years|
|Master of Business Administration Innovation – Finance||2 years|
The eligibility criteria for international and national students are as follows:
- The minimum GPA required for international applicants is 3. However, it is recommended to aim for a cumulative GPA of 3.6 to ease admission.
- Successful completion of the Higher Secondary Certificate or Indian School Certificate or Standard XII with at least 65% of the ICSE and CBSE boards.
- Passport size photographs
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
English Proficiency Requirements
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL, or equivalent tests to be admitted to this program.
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details employment history.
- Fill in your statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Cost of Studying
The fees for various Finance Courses at the university are as follows:
|Finance Course Options||Fees|
|Bachelor of Finance||INR 33.2 Lakhs|
|Master of Business Administration Innovation – Finance||INR 43.4 Lakhs|
Cost of Living
|Cost||Amount per annum (USD)|
|Residence & Boarding||13,500|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to quickly figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships for Finance Courses at Thomas Jefferson University
Some of the scholarships provided by Thomas Jefferson University are as follows:
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Merit Scholarship||$4,000-19,000||(INR 319772- 1518917) Yes|
|Becker Family Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
|American Apparel Manufacture Association Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
Placements at Thomas Jefferson University
Thomas Jefferson University prepares students for world-class jobs and internship opportunities. Students are prepared to become industry leaders in their respective fields. The Marianne Able Career Services Centre helps students become successful professionals.
According to PayScale, the average salary of Thomas Jefferson University graduates is $83,000(INR 6635273).
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Ann, Inc. (Ann Taylor, LOFT, Lou & Grey)
- Qurate Retail Group
Thomas Jefferson University is known for its interprofessional approach to various degree programs.
The university’s acceptance rate is 66%, making it comparatively easier to pass. However, the ACT and SAT score required for admission are very high.
No, Thomas Jefferson University is not an Ivy League university. However, it is among the top 500 universities in the world.
This was about a Finance Course at Thomas Jefferson University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the important details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your questions concerning the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.