Building a strong foundation in the business world, the Symbiosis MBA is the flagship program of Symbiosis International University that is specially designed to achieve the objective of imparting comprehensive knowledge and equipping future business leaders with real-time training skills keeping the global competition in mind. Symbiosis offers different types of MBA courses running for a period of two-year with numerous specializations in the field of Finance, Operations Management, Marketing, and Human Resource. These courses are spread across 4 semesters that are dedicated to providing the students with the best-in-class classroom training and industrial exposure by some of the highest-qualified faculty members across the country. In this blog, we will shed light on the salient features pertaining to pursuing an MBA from Symbiosis.
This Blog Includes:
Symbiosis MBA: Specializations Offered
The Symbiosis MBA program offers the students some of the most sought-after MBA streams which make the students ready for all the professional challenges in their respective industries. Some of the fields have been listed below:
- Finance: This specialization in the Symbiosis MBA program helps the students form a solid base in the field of financial management. MBA in Finance syllabus of Symbiosis is specially designed to prepare the students in making sound financial decisions, critical thinking skills, quantitative analytical abilities, and have a deep knowledge of the financial aspect of the corporate world and the country’s economy.
- Marketing: MBA in Marketing provides the students with deep knowledge and equips them with skills to apply the principles of marketing through various case studies, workshops, seminars, research projects and guest lectures. This course has been designed to polish the marketing skills of the students so as to apply the marketing principles in real-life corporate situations.
- Operations: Some of the most important factors in an organization are logistics, distribution, and supply-chain management. For the students looking forward to specializing in these areas, the Symbiosis MBA is a suitable course. Operations Management MBA helps students to get well-equipped with the technical know-how and the industrial practices that are taken place so that they deliver promising results each time.
- Human Resource: A popular choice from the list of professional courses after graduation, Human Resource is a field that equips students with professional skills and imparts extensive knowldege of the field. This Symbiosis MBA prepares the students for industry-relevant roles, formation and management of human capital, familiarize them with all the current corporate practices taking place.
The students who wish to enroll in the Symbiosis MBA program, they need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by the Symbiosis International University. Listed below are various parameters for eligibility, failing which, the candidates will be disqualified from getting the admission:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- The candidate should have completed their graduation from any recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent grade. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum aggregate percentage should be 45%.
- The candidates who are appearing for their final year examinations or who are awaiting their final year results are also eligible to apply. However, their admission will be subject to a minimum percentage of 50% for the general category and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- Qualify the SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude) Test which is conducted for MBA as well as MSc programs.
Symbiosis MBA: Important Dates
To give you further clarity, here are the important dates for the Symbiosis MBA 2020 exam so that you do not miss the golden opportunity for enrolling in such prestigious courses:
|Commencement of Registration and Payment||August 2020|
|Last Date for Registration and Payment||December 2020|
|Shortlisting for Personal Interaction and Group Exercise||3rd week of January 2021|
|The date for Personal Interaction and Group Exercise||February 2021|
|Display of the Final Merit List||Last week of February 2021|
|Last Date for Payment for the candidates shortlisted
in the Final Merit List
|Commencement of the Program||June 2021|
*Keeping in view the examination dates for the year 2020, tentative dates have been mentioned above. It is advised to stay updated with the notification and exam dates form the official website.
How to Apply for Symbiosis MBA?
To enroll in the Symbiosis MBA programs, apart from the eligibility criteria, the candidates also have to go through the admission process thoroughly so as to avoid any errors. The step by step application process has been summarised below:
Step 1. SNAP Test
- Visit the official website of the Symbiosis institute to register for the SNAP test for the MBA Program you want to get enrolled in the SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Pune by paying a registration amount of INR 1,000 + GST.
- Download the admit card for the SNAP test and preserve it for the day of the exam.
Step 2. Selection Process
- The names of the shortlisted candidates who qualify the SNAP test will be released through a web-link.
- The prospective students will have to attend a group exercise, personal interview, and qualify the written ability test.
- Only after clearing all the rounds will the candidates be granted admission into the Symbiosis MBA program.
Hopefully, you are now familiar with all the information you needed to know about the Symbiosis MBA. Even though there is an array of institutes offering various MBA courses in India, you can also explore opportunities abroad. If you want to pursue MBA from abroad but the application process seems a daunting task then take the assistance of Leverage Edu’s experts through a 30 minutes free career counselling session who will clear all your doubts within minutes!