Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar is amongst the top Indian business schools in India. It was established in 1987. Located in Bhubaneshwar, XIMB is governed by the Government of India, the Government of Odisha, and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). XIMB has also received many laurels and was ranked 6th among India’s top 100 B-Schools in the Outlook Management B-School survey 2019. XIMB offers an Executive MBA (EMBA) in Business Management as well as Postgraduate Management Programs in Business Management (MBA-BM). Additionally, XIMB also offers a PhD for students aspiring to pursue research in management-related fields. In this blog, we will have a closer look at XIMB MBA and other courses!
Table of contents
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Affiliation||Xavier University, Bhubaneswar|
|Rankings (2019-20)||-38th rank among best colleges for MBA by Outlook
-16th rank among best colleges by The Week
-17th rank among best colleges by The Economics Times
|Exams||CAT, XAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
Check Out – Best MBA Courses for 2021
Some of the popular courses offered by XIMB include Business Management (BM), Human Resource and Management (HRM), Sustainability Management (SM), Global Management and Leadership (MBA-Global), Integrated PhD (MBA and PhD), and so on. Check out the eligibility to study XIMB MBA:
- Students should have qualified for the CAT/XAT/X-GMT/GMAT exam.
- Students should have scored a minimum of 55% in their 10+2 examination from a recognized board or a university.
- Candidates should also have completed their bachelor’s degree with 55% aggregate marks.
- Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2021, are also eligible to apply. However, admissions will be cancelled if you fail to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15, 2021.
Also Read: XAT Exam Pattern 2021
Admission Process for XIMB MBA
XIMB offers premium courses in postgraduate, doctoral, and executive-level. To apply for the courses at XIMB, students have to apply online. Given below is the admission process for XIMB:
- To register for the program at XIMB, candidates have to register for XAT or CAT, or GMAT or XGMAT which is conducted by Xavier University, Bhubaneswar.
- Candidates have to visit the official website to fill in the application form.
- Candidates then have to create a unique XUBID/Login ID and password.
- Following that, the candidate must enter the Personal Details, Academic Details, Professional Details, and the program(s) you want to apply for with the respective test option.
- Candidates are then required to upload their photographs and signature.
- Candidates must pay an application fee of 1600 INR in their first application and 400 INR in the subsequent applications.
- The section-wise and the total cut-off marks will be decided by the institute and will be used for short-listing the candidates to be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- It must be noted that the WAT, GD & PI will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Based on the performance in XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT as well as in the Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview, the final selection of the candidates will be made.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed by mail in April 2021.
Must Read: Indian MBA Vs Foreign MBA
XIMB has a very active placement cell that had 100% placements in the year 2019. Some of the top recruiters were:
- ICICI Bank
- HCL Technologies
- Tata Steel
- Anand Rathi Wealth Services Ltd.
- Tiger Analytics
- Cognizant Business Consulting
Check Out – How to Prepare for Placements?
Cut off 2020
You can estimate your selection chances based on the cutoff for the last year. Check out the scores of selected candidates below:
|MBA Business Management||91|
|MBA Global Management||91|
|MBA Business Management||95|
|MBA Global Management||95|
Important Dates for XIMB MBA
|EMBA (Business Management) Registration Deadline||Dec 8, 2021|
|Registration Deadline for MBA (Extended)||Dec 15, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply for PhD.||Feb 27, 2021|
|XAT 2021 exam||Jan 2, 2021|
|X-GMT exam||Jan 30, 2021|
Fees for XIMB MBA
|MBA – BM||INR 19.50,000/-|
|Executive MBA||INR 15,20,000/-|
This was all about the XIMB MBA. we hope you find this blog helpful. For more interesting content follow us at Leverage Edu. feel free to get in touch with our experts for guidance. Book now for a free session.