As soon as you decide to study abroad, you must explore the universities and identify the necessary entry requirements in order to complete your admission process hassle-free. Apart from LORs, SOP, transcripts, etc, a valid scorecard of an English proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, etc is also required. Out of many, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the most popular competitive exams to attain overseas education. Generally, it is taken by the students who belong to a county where English is not an official language or is not spoken frequently. It comprises 4 sections, the IELTS syllabus of which evaluates the aspirants on the parameters like Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. All the three sections, except speaking, can be prepared thoroughly before the examination. The speaking section is extempore and includes some impromptu questions by the examiners making it one of the trickiest sections. If you are appearing for the IELTS examinations in the year 2020, then you must know that be it IELTS General Training or Academic, IELTS speaking questions are framed from scores of topics. To make it easier, here is a blog in which some of the important IELTS speaking questions have been collated.
This Blog Includes:
IELTS Speaking Questions on Studies
- What are you studying?
- Why did you choose this particular program?
- What all subjects are there in your course/ standard?
- Out of all, which is your favourite subject?
- What would be your dream job profile as per this program?
IELTS Speaking Questions on Hometown
- Where do you belong to?
- Where is your hometown situated?
- Were you born there?
- What is the most unique thing about your hometown?
- What are the three things visitors would love about your native place?
Speaking Questions on Work
- What is your work profile?
- What duties are you tasked with?
- Are you working in your dream industry? If no, then why?
- What do you usually do when you finish your work?
- Is there anything you don’t like about your job?
IELTS Speaking Questions on Home
- Do you live in an apartment or a house?
- Who do you live there with?
- What is your favourite view from your house/apartment?
- If you could alter anything about your house, what would it be?
- What is your go-to spot in your house?
Family Related IELTS Speaking Questions
- Do you have a joint family or a nuclear one?
- How many members are there in total?
- What is your favourite family pass time together?
- Who is your favourite family member?
- Do all your family members live in the same house?
- What is your favourite leisure-time activity?
- Do you prefer doing the activity alone or with a group of friends/ family members?
- Why do you love doing this activity the most?
- According to you what is the importance of free time activities in our schedule?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What type of dishes do you love cooking?
- Which dishes do you love cooking?
- Is cooking your favourite leisure activity?
- Do you like eating alone or with your family?
Mobile Phones Related IELTS Speaking Questions
- Do you own a mobile phone?
- What do you like and dislike about your mobile phone?
- At what age you got your first mobile phone?
- According to you, having a mobile phone is a boon or a bane?
- Which is your favourite mobile phone company and why?
- Which is your favourite TV program?
- On average, how many hours do you devote to watching a TV show?
- Do you think there are any pros and cons to letting children watch TV?
Not restricted to just above, there are scores of IELTS speaking questions that you can practice before appearing for the exam. If you want to know some strategies or want to take a step ahead in your IELTS preparation then enrol in Leverage Edu‘s IELTS coaching in Delhi/Noida/Bangalore, etc. The experts with high-level resources and one-on-one learning sessions will help you clear the exam with flying colours!