Planning to study abroad is overwhelming as well as a stressful feat. There are times when you have to make tough decisions like choosing the best course for your higher studies, identifying the country and the right university offering that particular program. Whatever course or country you choose, you are required to go through various language proficiency tests to ensures the admission council that you do not have any communication issues and are well-versed with the medium of instruction of your chosen course. IELTS or International English Language Testing System is one of the most accepted English language ability tests which measures 4 important language skills: Reading, Writing, Language and Speaking. If you are heading to a country accepting IELTS, let’s kickstart your journey towards a successful career by providing you with a list of top books for IELTS preparation.
This Blog Includes:
- IELTS Books
- Books for IELTS Preparation
- Category of IELTS Books
- Other Important Books for IETLS
- Choosing the Right IELTS Books for Preparation
- Leverage Edu Rockstars
Here are some of the best books available for IELTS:
- Focus on IELTS Foundation: Foundation Coursebook
- Cambridge IELTS 15 Academic Student’s Book with Answers
- Barron’s IELTS Superpack
- Simone Braverman’s Target Band 7
- Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS
- Mometrix IELTS Book for General Training and Academic 2021 – 2022
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- English Vocabulary in Use
- IELTS (Academic) 5 in 1 Actual Tests eBook Combo
- IELTS Trainer
- IELTS Practice Tests Plus 2 with Key and CD Pack
Books for IELTS Preparation
While you gear up for IELTS, you ought to have the perfect notes and study materials in order to ace the exam. There are numerous high-quality books with all the relevant contents and audio files to accelerate your preparation for IELTS. Here are some of the popular books for IELTS preparation that you must have in your collection:
Barron’s IELTS Superpack
Barron’s IELTS Superpack comes with 3 manuals and 2 audio MP3 CDs to ace the listening section of IELTS. Rightly named as a ‘Superpack’, the first audio guide includes various tips and strategies on how to crack IELTS, and the other CD contains ‘Barron’s Essential Words for IELTS preparation‘. Moreover, this Superpack provides you with the sample practice and exercise sheets on listening, writing and reading aspects of the examination.
Buy Barron’s IELTS Superpack on Amazon here
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
Covering both the general training and academic papers, this IELTS study guide consists of a series of full-fledged practice tests, their answer keys (with explanation) along with audio and video files to master the listening section. The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is one those books for IELTS preparation, that is based on the analysis and research of the actual IELTS exam-takers which helps the aspirants acquire the first-hand information and some bonus tips to crack the examination.
Buy The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS on Amazon here
Official IELTS Practice Materials
Using the preparation and practice materials issued by the British Council, who are the official partner for IELTS, you get the most authentic and accurate study guide for the IELTS exam. The book contains a number of volumes, all of which include audio and video CDs for practising the listening section. Based on the experience of the test-takers, the Official IELTS Practice Materials provide step-by-step guidance on answering the test successfully.
Get Official IELTS Practice Materials from Amazon here
Collins English for IELTS
Containing a series of practice books for IELTS preparation, Collins English for IELTS focuses on the specific areas for improvement. Be it grammar or vocabulary in the reading, writing, listening or speaking sections, a book to master every skill would help the aspirants develop an intensive and deep understanding of all the aspects of the exam and how to answer particular questions for that part. With a student-friendly layout, the Collins English for IELTS aims to secure the IELTS score in the band 5.5 to 6.
Get Collins English for IELTS from Amazon here
Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module: How to Maximize your Score
Written by the author Simone Braverman, ‘Target Band 7’ aims to maximise your IELTS score through pointing out and correcting even the smallest concerns which can greatly affect your score. Containing easy solutions to some of the most typical questions, this study guide definitely comes under the list of best books for IELTS preparation, owing to the fact that it consists the best and the most effective techniques of cracking IELTS directly coming from the experienced ones.
Buy Target Band 7 from Amazon here
Category of IELTS Books
Following are the books you can refer to for your IELTS preparation category wise:
The entire list of books/e-books for both Academic and General, some of which are paperback editions and some of which can be downloaded online, is provided below. These books/e-books include practice exams, exercises, and assignments that you may use to evaluate your own performance. These are some of the greatest publications to help you get ready for the IELTS test.
- Collins Listening for IELTS (Ebook & Audio) Answer Key
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Volume 1 (Ebook) – PDF download
- 15 Days’ Practice for IELTS Reading (PDF) with Answers [General and Academic]
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Volume 2 (pdf Ebook)(with Answers)
- Essential Reading For IELTS (Ebook) With PDF
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Volume 3 (Ebook)
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Vol 6 (Ebook)
- IELTS Reading Tests by Sam McCarter & Judith Ash (PDF Ebook) [Academic]
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Test Vol 5 (Ebook)
- Collins Reading for IELTS by Els Van Geyte (Ebook)[Academic]
- Improve your Skills – Reading for IELTS 6.0 – 7.5 pdf with Answer Key ( free download )
- IELTS Advantage Reading Skills: A Step-by-Step Guide to a High IELTS Reading Score – Jeremy Taylor & Jon Wright (PDF Ebook)
- IELTS Task 2 How To Write At A Band 9 Level Ebook – Ryan T. Higgins
- 31 High-Scoring Formulas to Answer the IELTS Speaking Questions (Ebook)
- 15 Days Practice for IELTS Speaking pdf (Ebook & Audio CD)
- IELTS Life Skills Official Cambridge Test Practice B1 with Answers (Ebook)
- Book: Common Mistakes at IELTS Advanced and How to Avoid Them
- The Key To IELTS Success by Pauline Cullen (Ebook)
- Useful IELTS Resources & Websites to Ace the IELTS
- Ace the IELTS : IELTS General Module – How to Maximize your Score (3rd edition)
- Common Mistakes at IELTS Intermediate by Pauline Cullen
- 18 IELTS Preparation Videos From British Council – Video Coaching And Lectures, Tutorials
- Collins Cobuild: Phrasal Verbs Workbook
- Cambridge English Idioms in Use Intermediate Advanced Book with Answer
- Cambridge English Grammar For IELTS Student’s Book With Answers And Audio CD
- Collins Work On Your Idioms (Ebook)
- Idioms Organiser: Organised By Metaphor, Topic, And Key Word – Jon Wright
- Cambridge English Advanced Phrasal Verb In Use – (Ebook)
- Achieve IELTS Grammar and Vocabulary (Ebook+Audio)
- Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English (Ebook)
- Longman Advanced Learners’ Grammar Ebook – Mark Foley & Diane Hall
- Cambridge English Grammar And Vocabulary For Advanced with Answers(PDF Ebook & Audio)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook)
- Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS advanced Book with Answers and Audio CD
- Cambridge English Vocabulary in Use Advanced with Answers (Ebook)
- Cambridge IELTS Band 9 Vocab Secrets (Ebook)
- IELTS Vocabulary Booster Ebook – Artur Krotkov & Nadin Miles
- Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (4th edition)
- Words for Ideas: Teacher’s Book by Ian Pople John Morley
- IELTS Interactive self-study: 200 Advanced Vocabulary Questions (Ebook)
- Check Your English Vocabulary for the IELTS Exam by Rawdon Wyatt (Ebook)
- Collins Vocabulary for IELTS by Anneli Williams (Book + Audio)
- English Pronunciation in Use (Intermediate Edition) by Mark Hancock
Other Important Books for IETLS
Apart from the above-explained books for IELTS, here is an additional list for IELTS preparation for you:
|Listening and Speaking Skills by Barry Cusack and Sam McCarter||Click Here to Buy!|
|IELTS General Training & Academic Study Guide||Click Here to Buy!|
|IELTS Preparation and Practice: Reading and Writing Academic Student Book||Click Here to Buy!|
|Success to IELTS: Tips and Techniques||Click Here to Buy!|
|IELTS Reading Tests by Sam McCarter||Click Here to Buy!|
|Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS by Rawdon Wyatt||Click Here to Buy!|
|Improve Your IELTS Writing by Norman Whitby and Sam McCarter||Click Here to Buy!|
|Cambridge Grammar for IELTS||Click Here to Buy!|
|Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score||Click Here to Buy!|
Choosing the Right IELTS Books for Preparation
Now that you are aware of the top IELTS books, you should decide which one to purchase after defining your goals. There are several books available that might provide you an overall view on academic instruction. Others are more suitable for novices, while some will walk you through the language. Before choosing an IELTS preparation book, keep a few things in mind. For example,
- Are you more comfortable reading an IELTS book or do you feel much better listening to the suggestions, notes, and lessons for preparation?
- Are you taking the IELTS test for the first time, or do you already have some familiarity with its four sections?
Also Read: Idioms for IELTS
Subscribe to Leverage IELTS for more such information
Leverage Edu Rockstars
Books aid in test preparation, just like they do for all other exams. It gives you an insight on how the questions appear in the test, tips and tricks ad also important vocabulary and grammar range.
You can find model responses in books for the cue-cards and questions presented during the speaking portion. Additionally, it gives you the vocabulary you need to assist you get ready for the speaking portion of the test.
The greatest IELTS study guides can vary depending on your area of need. IELTS-related grammar and vocabulary books are also available.
We hope that you’re now familiar with prominent books for IELTS preparation. If you are planning to prepare for IELTS and not really sure how to start preparing for it, then get in touch with Leverage Edu. Our exclusive IELTS online classes can help you get your dream IELTS score.