How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities: Study abroad aspirants who wish to pursue their higher education overseas or aspire to settle abroad must acquire the minimum eligible scores in their English Proficiency Tests. One of the most widely accepted English Proficiency Tests in the world is the IELTS exam. Apart from getting admission into reputed institutions overseas, one can even procure their IELTS scores to apply for international visas. It is critical for one to send their IELTS scores to their preferred universities abroad to ensure a seamless application procedure.
These scores are evaluated by authorities to verify the eligibility and proficiency of a candidate in the English language. Authorities generally use these scores to discern whether a candidate will be able to acclimatise within a foreign setting wherein the English Language is predominantly used for communication. Read the article to learn more about how to send IELTS Scores to universities.
This Blog Includes:
- How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities: Step-by-Step Process
- How Long Do the IELTS Results Take to Be Released?
- How to Send British Council IELTS Scores to Universities Online?
- How to Send IDP IELTS Scores to Universities Online?
- How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities Electronically?
How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities: Step-by-Step Process
You must be wondering – “How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities”. Well, here we have come up with an answer to your query.
- Individuals aspiring to study abroad must send their IELTS scores to their desired institutions.
- These scores are typically required by universities to assess an individual’s proficiency in the English language.
- IELTS scores can now be sent to universities around the world via electronic score report delivery or paper TRF (Test Report Form) delivery.
- Prior to submitting their IELTS scores, students must go through the approved delivery method of their intended university.
- If a student needs to deliver their IELTS scores through paper TRF, they must pay the appropriate fee for a registered email.
Also Read: IELTS Exam
How Long Do the IELTS Results Take to Be Released?
Students who are waiting for their IELTS results should anticipate them to be accessible online thirteen days following the test. If the results are delayed for any reason, students will be notified by email. Aspirants can review their results whenever they are sent via SMS.
The British Council will also provide individuals with a Test Report Form (TRF). The TRF report is typically delivered to candidates after the test (within 23 days). It should be noted that no copies of the report will be supplied to students, so it is the responsibility of aspirants to handle their TRF findings with caution. Those who want their TRF reports to be sent via airmail or courier must pay the requisite amount of fee.
What is a Test Report Form (TRF)?
You’re probably wondering what a Test Report Form is. The TRF, or Test Report Form, is an official document that is normally authorised by the IELTS test centre. This important document contains an individual’s official IELTS score. The TRF document includes a candidate’s IELTS scores for each section, including Listening, Writing, Reading, and Speaking.
TRF documents are typically favoured by international universities for applicant verification because they incorporate an individual’s IELTS scores. In other words, students who want to study abroad must submit their TRF reports, which include their IELTS results.
How to Send British Council IELTS Scores to Universities Online?
Individuals intending to send their British Council IELTS scores to their preferred universities can now send them electronic or digital copies of their TRF reports, as opposed to submitting physical copies previously. However, before submitting their electronic reports, one must confirm whether or not their desired institution has registered to accept electronic TRF reports. If the university is already registered, candidates may apply for an E-TRF option and have the reports sent to them digitally.
To send British Councill IELTS scores, one must:
- Submit the additional copies of their attested copies of the Test Report Form (TRF), and enter the requisite credentials in the forms. Once the forms are filled, they must be submitted to the email@example.com.
- The submitted mail must include the candidate’s full name, IELTS Reference number, Test details, Candidate number (4 to 6 digits), CPF number and the complete address.
How to Send IDP IELTS Scores to Universities Online?
Individuals who have undertaken their IDP (International Development Programme) IELTS exam and wish to submit their results to their preferred institution must do so online. Aspirants can use the steps outlined below to submit their IDP IELTS scores online.
- One must first create an account on the IDP IELTS website, i.e. https://www.ieltsidpindia.com. Once done with that, students are required to log into their accounts and select the ‘Request a Test Report Form’ link.
- Students must select their preferred universities and enter the relevant credentials.
- After entering the requisite information, one must fill in the payment details and submit their request. IDP IELTS scores will be provided to students within ten working days.
How to Send IELTS Scores to Universities Electronically?
During the registration process, IELTS scores can be electronically transferred to the desired universities. Students will come across the option to submit IELTS scores electronically at the end of the registration page during the application process. At this stage, candidates must enter the necessary credentials in order to transmit their TRF Reports to their registered institutions.
The entire process is free of charge, which means that students are not obliged to pay a fee to submit their TRF reports. Students facing difficulties in electronically transmitting their IELTS results (TRF reports) to their selected colleges can contact the British Council for further guidance and information.
Yes, candidates can send their scanned IELTS results to their desired universities. Those who wish to do so must follow the outlined steps:
– Candidates must scan their IELTS results and download their PDF copies.
– Then, one must visit the official website of their desired institution.
– Candidates are then required to find the admission requirements section and upload the PDF files of the scanned results.
It usually takes between one to two weeks for IELTS scores to be sent to institutions abroad.
One can submit their IELTS results online (electronically) to their preferred institution free of cost. In case a candidate wishes to send their scores to more than five universities, he/she will be required to pay a small amount of fee.
That was all about how to send IELTS scores to universities abroad. One must follow the afore-stated steps to send their IELTS scores to their desired institutions. For the latest blogs on IELTS Exam, stay tuned to our page.