The University of Washington is a public research university in Seattle, Washington, and one of the oldest universities on the West Coast. The foundation of the university was laid in the year 1861 and offers courses in more than 100 disciplines at UG and PG levels. It is ranked among the top 100 universities globally by the QS World University Rankings 2022. In this blog, we will be providing all the essential information you need to know about the University of Washington acceptance rate and admission process.
Table of contents
University of Washington Acceptance Rate
According to a university survey conducted in the autumn of 2019, approximately 45,000 applicants applied to the university, with approximately 23,000 students admitted. International students made up 4,238 of the applicants. The University of Washington acceptance rate is 51% which means nearly 51 applicants are selected from every 100 applications. Thus it makes it fairly selective, yet the interested candidates must not leave any stone unturned to make their application distinct and stand. The University of Washington offers approximately 113 degrees at UG level, 268 degrees at PG level, and the student retention rate is approximately 90% above. The sky-high retention rate of students in the university speaks volumes louder about the quality education offered by the institute.
The eligibility criteria is a bit competitive yet it can be met easily if the student is ready to give his/her cent percent in building a solid and impactful profile:
- 3.5 above GPA in high school
- SAT score has been made optional in the view of covid-19 pandemic, but usually a SAT score of 1340 and above helps in securing admission.
- English proficiency requirements include-
- SOP, LOR and essays are a must
- ACT score, 27 above is recommended
- Test scores of other standardized exams (GRE/GMAT, etc.)
Note: The eligibility criteria vary depending on the course chosen by the candidates. However, the basic eligibility criteria remain the same.
The application process of the University of Washington is elucidated as follows:
- Applicants can apply through Coalition Application Portal
- Create a coalition account and add University of Washington to your college list
- Opt-in to sharing contact information where you will share your important demographic details
- Complete the questions asked by University of Washington
- Pay the application fee and upload all the important documents
- Then at last, submit the application.
Top Courses Offered
The University of Washington offers a plethora of courses at UG and PG level but there are some courses for which this university is highly renowned. The top courses offered by the University of Washington are as follows-
- Social Sciences
- Biomedical and Biological Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Business Management
MBA at University of Washington Acceptance Rate
The University of Washington offers a distinguished MBA program and it has an impeccable placement record as 99% of MBA students are placed in their preferred organization and domain. The acceptance rate for MBA programs is approximately 41.3% which is fairly competitive. This implies that out of every 100 candidates, 41 students are able to secure admission in this course at the university. GMAT requirement for MBA at the University of Washington ranges from 650-730 which is fairly high.
Planning to apply at the University of Washington? Our Leverage Edu experts are just a call away. Reach out to us for excellent guidance on scholarships, admissions, SOPs, and all the necessary things that are needed to ignite your study abroad journey.