Electrical engineering involves developing, designing, testing, and overseeing the manufacturing of electrical equipment, components, and systems. An MS in Electrical Engineering can pave the way for an array of career opportunities. Pursuing MS in Electrical Engineering in the USA is a great idea as the country has 37 of the top 100 programs in electrical engineering. The country provides high-quality flexible education with an excellent support system for international students. If you want to pursue an MS in Electrical Engineering in the USA, then you are at the right place. Here’s all you need to know about this program, from eligibility and top universities to career scope and salary.
This Blog Includes:
- Why study MS In Electrical Engineering in the USA?
- Top MS in Electrical Engineering Universities in USA
- Admission Requirements
- MS in Electrical Engineering in USA Admission Process
- Cost of studying MS in Electrical Engineering in USA
- Career Scope and Salary
Why study MS In Electrical Engineering in the USA?
Here’s why you should consider pursuing an MS in Electrical Engineering in USA:
- USA offers the second-highest salary in the world for electrical engineers, much higher than in India.
- There is a high demand for electrical engineers in the USA. This includes states such as New York, California, and Texas.
- USA is home to top universities that offer quality education and renowned degree in electrical engineering.
- USA is the land of golden opportunities with headquarters of all the popular companies.
Top MS in Electrical Engineering Universities in USA
Here is a list of the top universities offering MS in Electrical Engineering in USA.
|Electrical Engineering Universities||Courses Offered||QS Ranking 2024||Tuition Fees|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Master in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science||1||USD 148,4000(INR 1.17 cr)|
|Stanford University||MS in Electrical Engineering||5||USD 111,810 ( INR 88.56 lakhs)|
|University of Columbia||MSE in Electrical Engineering||23||USD 44,645(INR 36.95lakhs)|
|California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||MS Electrical Engineering||15||USD 52,506 (INR 41,59,262.79 lakh)|
|Carnegie Mellon University||MS Electrical and Computer Engineering||52||USD 75,150 (INR59.55 lakhs)|
|The University of Pennsylvania||MSE in Electrical Engineering||–||USD30,168 (INR 24.9 lakhs)|
|The University of Washington||Master of Science in Electrical Engineering||63||USD 55,320 (INR45.79 lakhs)|
|The University of Southern California||MS in Electrical Engineering||116||USD 36,940 ( 30.58 lakhs)|
|The University of Maryland||MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering||169||USD 57,470 (INR 47.57 lakhs)|
|The University of South Florida||MS in the Electrical Engineering||=563||USD 29,386 (INR 24.32 lakhs)|
|The University of Cincinnati||MS in Electrical Engineering||691-700||USD 54,356 (INR 44.99 lakhs)|
The eligibility criteria for pursuing an MS in Electrical Engineering in USA for Indian students is as follows
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or science. More specifically, a degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, and computer engineering.
- Some universities may ask for relevant work experience in a similar field.
- You will also be required to submit English Proficiency test scores.
English Language Requirements
To pursue an MS in Electrical Engineering in the USA, you will be required to fulfil English language requirements set by the respective university. Here are the minimum requirements for different English proficiency tests:
MS in Electrical Engineering in USA Admission Process
Here’s how you can start the application process with the help of Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
- Academic transcript
- GPA scorecard
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS scorecard
- Work experience
- Letter of recommendation
- GRE scorecard
Cost of studying MS in Electrical Engineering in USA
It is important to consider the cost of living and the tuition fee that is required for studying abroad. The MS in Electrical Engineering in USA fees usually differs from university to university. The cost of living is also dependent on the lifestyle of students. Here’s an average cost of studying MS in Electrical Engineering in USA for international students:
|Cost of study||29,900-77500 (23,65,493.65- 61.31 LakhsINR)|
|Cost of living||10,163.45 (INR 8.02 Lakhs )|
Several universities offer financial aid to international students in USA. Here is a list of electrical engineering scholarships in USA:
|Civil society leadership award||Tuition fee and living expenses||Postgraduate student in USA|
|Full bright scholarship||Tuition fee, living expenses, visa assistance, airfare, and medical||Postgraduate and graduate students in science, technology among other fields|
|National overseas scholarship||USD 15400 (INR12.72 lakhs)||SC/ST applicants with 60% or higher|
|Rotary Peace Fellowship Program||Living expenses, round-trip transportation, and field-study/internship cost||International students with NGO work experience|
|University of Arizona scholarship||$4,000 – $35,000 (INR 3.30-28.92 lakhs)||Merit-based|
Career Scope and Salary
Students will have several options after completing MS in electrical engineering from USA. A postgraduate in electrical engineering can earn up to 111,000 USD or 87,77,602.50 INR. Salary for an MS in Electrical Engineering graduate in USA salary is as follows.
|Job Profile||Average salary per annum|
|Electrical Engineering Manager||99,100 (78,31,129.75 INR)|
|Electromechanical engineering Technologist||91,500 (72,30,558.75 INR)|
|Electromechanical equipment assembler||73,500 (58,07,896.50INR)|
|Energy engineer||87,800 (69,37,868.20 INR)|
|Engineering chief designer||83,000 (65,58,577.00INR)|
|Engineering consultant||92,800 (73,32,963.20 INR)|
|Engineering planning manager||95,200 (75,22,608.80INR)|
|Equipment engineer||75,200 (59,42,228.80 INR)|
|Engineering safety coordinator||73,400 (57,99,994.60INR)|
|Engineering Technician||73,400 (57,99,994.60INR)|
The highest salary is that of the principal electrical engineer. His/her salary is 1.11 cr per annum in USA.
Yes. Students are allowed to work part-time on campus while pursuing their MS. The maximum amount of hours that a student is allowed to work is 20 hours per week.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT is the best university to pursue MS in Mechanical Engineering.
If you want to pursue MS in electrical engineering from the USA then reach out to Leverage Edu admissions and start your admission process now! Or call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counseling session today.