Canara Bank is becoming more popular in helping students attain their career aspirations. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has introduced the Canara Bank scholarship in collaboration with Canara Bank. If you are someone who is looking to pursue higher education in India then, here is an insightful blog in which we will walk you through various aspects of the Canara Bank Scholarship program along with its eligibility requirements.
|Organized By||Canara Bank|
|Name of Scholarship||Canara Bank Scholarship|
|Canara Bank Scholarship Eligibility||It is open mainly for postgraduate students who want to pursue a career in research|
|Last Date to Apply||31 December 2022|
|Application Form||Online Mode Only|
|Rewards and Benefits||Up to Rs 50,000 [Varies based on the type of Scholarship]|
This Blog Includes:
What is Canara Bank Scholarship?
The scholarship gateway of Canara Bank, also referred to as Scholar’s corner has been formed in collaboration with UGC and acts as the nodal agency for disbursing UGC scholarships and grants. The Canara Bank Scholarship portal is a state of the art scholarship disbursement scheme which is integrated with the Financial Management System. This helps in distributing scholarship/fellowship amount directly to the account holder.
Check Out: Canara Bank Education Loan
Eligibility Criteria for Canara Bank Scholarship
To apply for the Canara Bank Scholarship for pursuing a specific course, there are certain eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled. Below we have listed the major eligibility criteria you need to keep in mind while applying for this scholarship:
- Canara Bank Scholarship is only applicable to citizens of India.
- It is only applicable for students having a family income of less than 8 lakhs per annum.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST, non-creamy layer, i.e. Other Backward Class (OBC) are also eligible to apply for the Canara Bank Scholarship.
Here is a scholarship-wise criteria for Canara Bank Scholarship:
|Canara Bank Scholarship||Eligibility|
|Radhakrishnan Fellowship||1. For full-time research scholars who are presently unemployed.
2. Age limit: 35 years [5 years relaxation for reserved categories like SC/ST/PwD/Women/OBC
3. 55% in UG & 60% in PG [5% relaxed for reserved categories]
|Kothari Fellowship||1. PhD degree holder in Science [published and credited research work is preferred]2. Age limit: 35 years [Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Women; 3 years for OBC; 10 years for PwD]|
|National Fellowship For OBC||1. OBC students who are postgraduate and unemployed
2. Annual Family Income: Not more than 6 Lakhs p.a.
3. Pursuing either M.Phil or PhD in Social Sciences and Humanities, Engineering & Technology or Sciences
|NET JRF Fellowship||1. Age limit: 30 years or younger [5 years relaxation to SC/ST/PwD/Women & 3 years of OBC]2. Master’s degree holder or equivalent with 55%marks [5% relaxation for reserved categories]|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||1. For minority students from communities like Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Jain, etc.
2. Must have a postgraduate degree with 55% marks
3. Pursuing either M.Phil or PhD
4. Must have successfully qualified CBSE/ NTA-UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET
|Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship||1. For Single girl child with no other siblings
2. Age limit: More than 30 years
3. Must be pursuing a master’s program in 1st year.
|Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship for SC||1. SC/ST students with a postgraduate degree
2. Must be pursuing MPhil/PhD in less than 2 years as mentioned in the award letter
|Ishan-Uday Scholarship||1. Students from the North-East region of India
2. Completed Class 12 exams from a recognised education board
3. Must be in 1st year of their undergraduate degree
4. Family Income: Not more than 4.5 Lakhs per annum
|Emeritus Fellowship||1. For experience superannuated teachers working at a recognised academic institution and must have excellent work experience and academic records
2. Must have published research works
|Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship||1. For Single girl child with no other siblings
2. Age limit: 40 years or younger [relaxation of 5 years for reserved categories students]3. 55% in UG & 60% in PG [5% relaxed for reserved categories]
|Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women||1. PhD degree holders and unemployed
Age limit: 55 years [5% relaxation for reserved categories]
2. 55% in UG & 60% in PG [5% relaxed for reserved categories]
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders||1. Age limit: 30 years
2. Should be either a 1st or 2nd rank holder in UG [60% minimum marks]3. Pursuing full-time master’s from a recognised academic institution
|Postdoctoral Fellowship for SC/ST||1. PhD students who are unemployed with published research
2. Age limit: 50 years for male and 55 years for female
3. SC/ST candidates with 55% in PG and 50% in UG
|PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST||1. SC/ST students pursuing master’s degree in 1st year|
|BSR Fellowship in Science||1. Candidates from Departments of Sciences, Bio-Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Engineering Sciences of eligible universities.
2. Aiming to pursue a PhD in science with interest in research and excellent academic record
|UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship Scheme||1. Those serving readers’ posts or higher in departments of Science & Technology
2. Must have a minimum of 15 published research articles in well-known publications
3. Must have supervised PhD dissertations of 1 students in Basic Sciences, 10 students in Eng & Tech as well as 5 who completed and earned their PhD in the last 10 years (must be full-time PhD students
4. Must have overseen at least 3 types of research papers and projects in the previous 10 years.
|AICTE GATE Scholarship||1. Must have valid GATE/GPAT score
2. Pursuing AICTE courses like MTech, MPharm, ME at any AICTE college or university
Number of Canara Bank Scholarships
Here is a complete list of Canara Bank Scholarships and the number of awards each of these have on offer:
|Canara Bank Scholarship Name||Number of Scholarships|
|Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
for Research in Social Sciences
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship-Minority||1000|
|National Fellowship for students of Other Backward Classes (OBC)||300|
|Dr. S Radhakrishnan Postdoctoral
Fellowship in Humanities & Social Science
|PG Scholarship for Professional courses for SC/ ST||1000|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank holders||3000|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship for SC & ST||100|
|PG Scholarship for M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Pharma to
GATE/GPAT qualified candidates
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates||100|
|Ishan Uday-Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||10000|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC||2700|
|UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship Scheme||N/A|
|Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child||1200|
|BSR Fellowships in Sciences||N/A|
Canara Bank Scholarship Rewards
The list of UGC scholarship/fellowship disbursed through the Canara Bank Scholarship portal is given below:
|Radhakrishnan Fellowship||Provides maximum coverage of Rs 40,00-Rs 50,000 annually with extra contingency and advantages.|
|Kothari Fellowship||A monthly fellowship amount of Rs 46,500 along with extra contingency and advantages.|
|National Fellowship For OBC||Fellowship amount of up to Rs 28,000 per month along with contingency grant and assistance for differently-abled candidates.|
|NET JRF Fellowship||A monthly fellowship amount of up to Rs 28,000 per month along with contingency grant and reader assistance.|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||Fellowship amount of up to Rs 28,000 per month along with contingency grant and reader assistance for differently-abled candidates.|
|Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship||Monthly scholarship allowance of Rs 3,100|
|Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship for SC||A monthly fellowship amount of up to Rs 28,000 per month along with contingency grant and reader assistance for physically handicapped and blind paper.|
|Ishan-Uday Scholarship||INR 5400 monthly to candidates pursuing general degree courses.INR 7800 monthly to candidates pursuing technical/medical/paramedical/professional courses.|
|Emeritus Fellowship||An honorarium of Rs 3,100 per month for 2 years along with a contingency grant of Rs 50,000 per annum.|
|Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship||Fellowship amount of up to Rs 28,000 per month along with a contingency grant for PwD candidates.|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women||Fellowship amount of INR 46,500 per month along with contingency grant of Rs 50,000 per annum for 5 years.|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders||Rs 3,100 per month for a period of 2 years.|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship for SC/ST||Fellowship amount of Rs 46,500 per month along with contingency grant of Rs 50,000 per annum for 5 years and other benefits.|
|PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST||Rs 7,800 per month for a period of 2 years for ME/MTech students. Rs 4,500 per month for a period of 2 years for other professional courses.|
|BSR Fellowship in Science||Fellowship amount of Rs 27,900 per month along with contingency grant of Rs 25,000 per annum with other benefits.|
|UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship Scheme||A research grant of Rs 5 lakh per annum along with a fellowship amount of Rs 50,000 per month for a maximum period of 3 years.|
|AICTE GATE Scholarship||Rs 12,400 per month.|
Documents needed for the Canara Bank Scholarship Portal are listed here:
- Passport Size photographs
- Identity Proof i.e. Aadhar card, PAN Card etc.
- Bank Statement
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Residential Address Certificate
- Permanent Address
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
Application Process and Deadlines
The application process for all of the assistantship and scholarships that fall under this grant varies to a great extend. The table given below highlights the important months/dates for each of the Canara Bank Scholarship along with the portals through which candidates can apply for them:
|Name of Reward||Important Date||Application Portal|
|Radhakrishan Fellowship||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|National Fellowship for OBC||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|Kothari Fellowship||Entire Year||Official Website of DSKPDF|
|NET JRF||June & December||Official Website of NTA|
|Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship||October to November||National Scholarship Portal|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||December to January||Official Website of UGC|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|Ishan Uday Scholarship||October to November||National Scholarship Portal|
|Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|Emeritus Fellowship||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders||October to November||National Scholarship Portal|
|Postdoctoral Scholarship for SC/ST||N/A||Official Website of UGC|
|BSR Fellowships in Science||December||Official Website of UGC|
|UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship Scheme||Throughout the Year||UGC FRPS Portal|
|AICTE GATE Scholarship||September to October||AICTE Portal|
|PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST||October to November||National Scholarship Portal|
How To Apply Online For Canara Bank Scholarship 2022
People who desire to profit from Canara Bank Scholarships. You must submit an online application using the Canara Bank Scholarship Portal. by means of the directions provided below.
- You must first go to the official website, scholarship.canarabank.in.
- On your screen, the Canara Bank Scholarship Portal home page will appear.
- Select “Apply Here” from the menu on the left.
- The details procedure will now start. In accordance with the documents, enter all the information requested there.
- Next, submit it after uploading all of the requested scanned papers.
- You’ll receive an email or SMS when your submission is successful.
- Make a hard copy of the completed registration process for future reference.
The Canara Bank scholarships are further divided into different parts. The application process may differ for each scholarship. Refer to the table given above to know about the exact portals that are to be considered.
No, candidates need not pay any application fee for the Canara Bank scholarships.
The fellowship/scholarship amount is sent via direct benefits transfer (DBT) in the bank accounts of the selected students.
Scholarships are an effective way to study in your dream college that can help you enhance your knowledge and can provide great career benefits. We hope that this article on the Canara Bank Scholarship has helped you identify the scholarship program you can opt for. Just like these schemes, there are scores of scholarships for Indian students to study abroad. If you’re planning to pursue higher education abroad and are looking for suitable colleges that offer scholarships, get in touch with Leverage Edu where our experts will provide you with the best guidance and support and help you apply for the applicable financial schemes!