Class 12th (or intermediate) is one of the most important phases of a student’s academic life. Be it the Arts stream, Science stream, or Commerce stream, clearing this standard with impressive scores opens up new opportunities to dive into. Based on your 10+2 subjects and interests, you can choose from a plethora of degree courses spanning various disciplines. However, it is common to seem bewildered about selecting a preferable course. So, to help you do away with this confusion, we have collated a list of degree courses for every stream which you should consider.
This Blog Includes:
How to Choose the Right Course after 12th Grade?
Making the appropriate choice after your 12th-grade year is essential if you want to have a prosperous and fulfilling career. After the 12th grade, picking the correct course requires a lot of thought and research. To make sure you pick the best course of action consider the following tips while choosing the right course after 12th grade:
- Understand and find out your subject/field-specific interests.
- Do some research about the institutions offering courses related to your interests.
- Compare and consider the factors like ratings, rankings and fee structure.
- Explore the subject matter and structure of the course.
- Discover the best employment options available to you.
Degree Courses: Arts Stream
With options ranging from Law and Hospital Management to Journalism and Fashion Designing, Arts or Humanities is the most suitable option for those who want to explore courses spanning various fields. After the 12th, you can choose from an array of degree courses in the Arts stream, some of which have been tabulated below.
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Performing Arts
- Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- BSc Fashion Designing
- Bachelor of Event Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- BA (Hons)
- BA History
- Theology and Religion
- BA/BA (Hons) in Geography/Political Science/English/Sociology, etc.
- Integrated Law Course (BBA LLB / BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Aviation Courses
- Bachelor of Design (BDes)
- BA Apparel Design & Merchandising
- Religious Studies
Degree Courses: Commerce Stream
Commerce or Management has become one of the sought-after fields of study in contemporary times. The multidisciplinary courses like B.Com and Integrated Law programmes are fetching the highest salary jobs for commerce students. There are also a plethora of courses offered at the postgraduate level with immense scope. Since you are familiar with Commerce Subjects in Class 12, let’s take a look at the popular degree courses after 12th in Commerce stream.
- International Business Management
- Bachelor in Business Management
- Chartered Accountancy
- B.Com (Hons.)
- BA (Hons.) in Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)/BCom (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Integrated Law Program- BBA LL.B
- Integrated Law Program- B.Com LL.B.
- Company Secretary
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Design [Accessory Design, Fashion Design, Ceramic Design, etc]
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
Degree Courses: Science Stream
Considered one of the sought career options after 12th, you can choose from a wide range of high-salary courses after 12th Science. Tabulated below are some of the popular degree programs for both, Medical and Non-medical stream students. BSc IT
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Nutrition & Dietetics
- BHMS course
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology (BMLT)
- General Nursing and Midwifery
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Integrated M.Sc
- Sound Engineer
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
- BA Anthropology
- BTech Biotechnology
- BTech-MTech Dual Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- BA/B.Sc. Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Veterinary
- Science & Animal Husbandry (B.VSc AH)
- BUMS (Unani)
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Environmental Science
- BAMS (Ayurvedic)
- BA in Sociology
- Bachelor in Engineering
- Commercial Pilot Training
With massive success in scientific innovation and experiments, the Engineering field has been a student’s favourable study option. From Automobile engineering to Telecommunications Engineering, top-notch universities around the world have been offering scores of degree courses in the form of Bachelor of Engineering and BTech.
- Power Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
Types of Courses after 12th
After the 12th grade, a variety of courses are offered, including diploma and certificate programmes, which are regarded as short-term courses with a maximum duration of 6 months. Students who want to start their careers early or who want to develop their skills before that tend to favour these courses. The UG Courses and PG Courses are options for those who want to enrol in a full-time, lengthy course.
Most often, the peer group has an opinion about choosing a course; for companionship, they choose the course that interests them the least, and this can have an impact on any student’s career development.
Short-Term Courses after 12th
One question occupies the minds of students who are about to enter or complete the 12th grade: “Which course should they choose after they complete their 12th standard?” Many students have a specific goal in mind, such as preparing for the CA, NEET, or JEE exams, but some are unsure of their interests.
There are a number of short-term courses available for those students after they complete their 12th-grade year to aid them in pursuing their preferred field of study. They will gain multiple benefits from taking a short course because they will have the opportunity to explore their interests and, if they don’t find a career in it, can quickly and easily change their minds.
Following the 12th grade, a variety of certificate and diploma level courses are offered with durations ranging from 6 months to 3 years for the students according to the specialisation they have chosen.
Must Read: Short Term Courses After 12th
Eligibility Criteria for Degree Courses after 12th
Students become enraged for the next journey after finishing their intermediate studies. Choosing educational courses is simple; you just need to determine what kinds of courses can be beneficial for educational learning after the 12th grade. Students who have completed their 12th grade and wish to continue their education must meet certain eligibility requirements that have been designated as mandatory by the institutions. Depending on the discipline and area of specialisation a student chooses for admission, different eligibility requirements apply.
The following is a list of some of the key prerequisites for enrollment in courses after the 12th grade:
- The class 12th grade must have been completed at an accredited institution.
- Mathematics should be the applicant’s primary subject for engineering programmes, and biology is required for medical careers.
- A passing grade of at least 55% in the commerce stream is required for banking courses.
- No course after the 12th grade has an upper age limit for enrollment.
- Institutions grant students in the reserved category a 5% score relaxation.
Depending on your field of interest, you can pursue any one of the above-mentioned courses in commerce. Some of the popular courses are CFA, B.Com, Business Management
There are many career options that students can pursue and the salary varies across each field. The pay also depends on the skills and additional courses you have gained.
A few popular jobs after arts are Creative Writing, Psychology, Graphic Designing, Marketing, and Fashion Designing.
Students can pursue medical or engineering courses after 12th science. There are various specializations in these fields and you can choose the best-suited option for yourself.
Thus, there are scores of degree courses across streams for you to pursue. Looking for a university to kickstart your career abroad? Not sure how to get started with the admission process? Then take the assistance of experts at Leverage Edu in finding the most suitable universities, completing the application formalities, and writing a personal essay that makes your candidature out from the rest!