If you feel that caring for others and taking care of patients is your forte then you could always explore nursing as a career option. When we talk about nursing, what better than AIIMS? AIIMS is one of the best nursing colleges in India. However, getting admission in the nursing course of this prestigious institute is not easy, you have to qualify for the AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam for it. It is one of the most important medical entrance exams. Worry not, here in this blog we will be covering everything about the AIIMS nursing entrance exam. Stick with us till the very end!
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates
- About AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
- AIIMS Nursing Exam Eligibility Criteria
- AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
- Documents Required
- Application Procedure
- AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam Application Form
- Application Fees
- AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam 2021: Result
Here is a brief overview of the AIIMS nursing entrance exam. If you have wondered about how to become a nurse then you must go through it before we delve into finer details.
|Exam Name||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Nursing (AIIMS Nursing)|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Application Fee (General)||INR 1500 [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|AIIMS Nursing M.Sc. – Duration||1 Hour 30 Min|
The important dates for the 2021 AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam are given below and must be remembered by candidates applying so that they do not miss out on the exam. They are:
AIIMS Nursing B.Sc. Hons (Nursing) (Session 2021)
|27 June 2021||Exam Mode: Online|
|06 July 2021||Result Mode: Online|
AIIMS Nursing M.Sc. Nursing (Session 2021)
|05 June 2021||Exam Mode: Online|
|14 June 2021||Result Mode: Online|
AIIMS Nursing B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) (Session 2021)
|05 June 2021||Exam – Entrance Examination (Stage I)
|12 June 2021||Exam – Personnel Assessment (Stage II)
|22 June 2021||Result – Stage I Mode: Online|
|28 June 2021||Result – Stage Il Mode: Online|
About AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
To keep you better informed about the AIIMS nursing entrance exam, here are a few important highlights you must know about. Have a look here:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, administers the AIIMS nursing exam for all suitable candidates.
- AIIMS is a prime institute in medicines that grants courses in BSc (Hons.) Nursing, BSc Nursing (Post-Basic).
- Based on the AIIMS nursing entrance exam, admission will be given to BSc (H), BSc post-basic, and MSc courses.
- Admissions in BSc nursing programs are done via a two-stage process. The first stage is a newly begun mode by AIIMS under PAAR (Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration) system and the other is via basic registration obeyed by Generation of Code and Final Registration.
- Based on fulfillment of the exam, officials will announce the AIIMS nursing exam result for each program distinctly on the designated date in PDF format.
- Applicants who qualify for the entrance examinations will be qualified to take part in the counseling procedure of AIIMS nursing.
Also Read: Nursing Courses in Canada
AIIMS Nursing Exam Eligibility Criteria
All aspirants appearing for the nursing entrance exam should check the Qualification Standards of AIIMS Nursing 2021 to know the maximum age, educational qualifications, pass percentage, country, and other particulars before applying. The AIIMS Nursing 2021 qualification standards are distinct for the 3 B.Sc and M.Sc majors administered by AIIMS. The qualification standards of the AIIMS Nursing exam are:
AIIMS B.Sc (H) Nursing Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS B.Sc (H) Nursing are:
- Applicants must have qualified class 12 under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from an acknowledged University/Board of any Indian State
- Candidates must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and scored a minimum aggregate of 55% for Gen/OBC applicants and 50% in the case of SCs/STs divisions.
B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS B.Sc (Post-Basic) are:
- Applicants must have qualified class 12 or equivalent from an acknowledged Board/University.
- Applicants who have passed 10+1 on or before 1987 are also acceptable.
- Applicants with a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any organization approved by the Indian Nursing Council are qualified to apply.
- Applicants must have enrolled either as RN or RM (registered nurse, registered midwife) with a State Nursing Council.
- Male nurses, who have qualified before the new integrated program in 2004 must register as a nurse with the State Nursing Council. They should have received a certificate in General Nursing and rather than Training in Midwifery, practicing any subject out of following, for 6 months:
|O.T. Techniques||TB Nursing||Community Health Nursing|
|Ophthalmic Nursing||Psychiatric Nursing||Cancer Nursing|
|Leprosy Nursing||Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing||Orthopaedic Nursing|
AIIMS M.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for AIIMS M.Sc Nursing are:
- To apply, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in B.Sc Nursing (Post Certificate)/B.Pharmacy/Post Basic/B.Sc Nursing/B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing/BDS/MBBS/B.V Sc.
- Applicants pertaining to the General/OBC category should obtain a minimum of 60% in the exam and those belonging to SC/ST should secure 55%.
Other Eligibility Criteria:
The other eligibility criteria which candidates need to qualify in order to get admission are:
- Applicants who will be giving their class 12 exam or an equivalent examination in March/April 2021 will be qualified to apply for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing, Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Programs.
AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
While preparing for any entrance exam, it is essential to know about all the associated factors and the AIIMS Nursing 2021 exam pattern is one of them. By going through the exam pattern provides all applicants an idea of the variety of questions to anticipate, span of examination, language, marking plan, etc. To comprehend the examination pattern of AIIMS Nursing 2021, review the specifications mentioned here:
Exam Pattern for AIIMS B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing:
Here is a brief exam pattern for the AIIMS B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing. It is tabulated below:
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (Multiple Choice)|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct answer will fetch one mark and every incorrect answer will be awarded -1/3 marks|
|Sections in exam||Part A, B, C, and D|
|Subject wise Marks||Physics – 30 marks
Chemistry – 30 marks
Biology – 30 marks
General Knowledge – 10
Exam Pattern for AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic):
Here is a brief exam pattern for the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic). It is tabulated below:
|Subjects/ Topics||Fundamentals of Nursing,
Medical-Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology,
Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing,
Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing
|Exam Centre||Delhi only|
|Total number of questions||70|
|Type of questions||Objective type (Multiple Choice)|
|Marking Scheme for written test||Correct answer: 1 mark
Incorrect answer: -1/3 marks
|Total marks for Assessment test||30|
The penned examination is stage 1 for AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic). Applicants who pass the examination also need to pass the Personal Assessment / Interview. Admission is done based on aggregate marks of stages 1 and 2.
Things to Remember for Personal Assessment test
Here are the important points to be kept in mind for the Personal Assessment Test:
- Past scholastic accomplishment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination;
- Past scholastic accomplishment in the Nursing exam;
- Administration as a Staff Nurse.
Must Read: Nursing Colleges
It is advised that students keep the important documents with them during the AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam. The document required by all students for entry in the exam are:
- Admit card
- Valid photo id
- One photograph
For basic registration, applicants have to upload the photographs only once and fill in the specifications as demanded.
To fill the basic registration part of the AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam 2021 application form, applicants must fill in the subsequent details:
Enter Personal details
Here is the list of personal details which will be required by the student to fill in.
- Name as in the class 12 mark sheet
- Father’s Name as per documents
- Mother’s Name as per documents
- Address as per valid residential record
- DOB as per class 10 mark sheet
- Category as per the requisite certificate
- OBC Certificates
- Disability Certificate as per approved guidelines
- ID Card Details: Aadhaar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ PAN card/ Driving License/ Original 12th board admit card/hall ticket with pictures published within the past two years.
After entering the personal details, applicants will get the Registration ID and password on their email Ids and mobile numbers. They must use them to log in and perform the basic registration process.
There are certain specifications for uploading your image. The terms of the same are:
The important points to be kept in mind while uploading the photograph are:
- Passport size color photograph with white background only but without border.
- The photo should not be more than 6 months old.
- Dimensions are 3.5*4.5 cm (width*height).
- The size of the image should be between 50-100 KB.
- The image should be in .jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png format.
Here are the important points about the candidate’s signature which need to be remembered. They are:
- Signature on a white background in blue or black ink.
- The signature must not be in capitals or just initials or have overwriting.
- The signature must be in the box of 6*3 cm (width*height).
- The size of the image should be between 20KB to 100KB.
- The image should be in .jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png format.
Left Thumb Impression
Candidates are also required to give their left thumb impression but they must keep these points in mind while doing so:
- Left thumb impression to be within the box of 4*3 cm (width*height).
- Left thumb impression must be in blue/black ink pad. The ink should have covered the entire thumb.
- The size of the image should be between 20-100 KB.
- The image should be in .jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png format.
The applicant must print the AIIMS Nursing Exam form. The application form should be filled before the due date after which the quality of the images will be inspected.
Status and Revision
Applicants whose basic registrations are denied will have to make corrections. After revision of the AIIMS Nursing Exam basic registration form, finally, the process is complete.
AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam Application Form
Applicants whose basic registration is complete must apply for the production of code in the second stage of the AIIMS Nursing application process 2021. Applicants need to enter their qualification details for their final registration.
The following rules are to be followed by the applicant while completing their AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam:
- Applicants must pay the final enrollment by applying the code produced in the 2nd stage.
- Enrollment fee: INR 1500 for Gen/OBC aspirants; INR 1200 for SC/ST/EWS applicants.
- Payment mode: Net Banking, Debit/Credit card.
After candidates successfully finish the payment of the application fees, they can pick the exam city as per their convenience and availability. The option of exam city will be possible after the complete AIIMS Nursing application form is completed and payment is made.
The application fees for the AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam are tabulated below.
|General, OBC||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1500|
|SC, ST||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1200|
AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam 2021: Result
AIIMS, New Delhi, will declare the outcomes of the AIIMS Nursing exam for MSc and BSc (Post-Basic) online. Applicants have to log in applying for their Registered ID and password to verify if they have passed the admissions.
How to see the AIIMS Nursing Exam Result 2021?
To view your result of the AIIMS Nursing Exam then you must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login at the official website, aiimsexams.org.
- Insert the enrollment ID and password.
- AIIMS Nursing 2021 outcomes will be revealed.
- Review the scores and qualifying status.
- Download the rank card containing the particulars of the counseling.
Explore: 2 Year Nursing Programs in Canada
We hope this blog has given thorough details of the AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam and the requisite eligibility criteria. Worried about what the future holds and what course to pursue? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you in exploring the best courses and universities and finding the right one as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for a free career counselling session with us today!