Bachelor of Science in Applied Science is a three-year full-time undergraduate program. that explains how to put science processes and laws into practice. it will assist you in developing a wide range of abilities that you may master while using science in your current life. You can also work in Agricultural Industries, Chemical Manufacturing Companies, Educational Institutes, Forest Services, and other industries, etc. We’ve discussed everything you need to know about BSc in Applied Sciences in this blog.
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Applied Sciences|
|Admission process||Entrance based and merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 16,000-1,00,000.|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000-12,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
- About BSc Applied Sciences
- Top Entrance Exams for BSc Applied Sciences
- BSc Applied Science Syllabus
- Application Process
- Top Universities Abroad for BSc Applied Sciences
- Top Colleges in India for BSc in Applied Sciences
- Important Reference Books
- Career Scope and Job Prospects
About BSc Applied Sciences
B.Sc Applied Sciences is a course that concentrates on the importance of Science in modern society for the development of a plethora of industries. The course prominences on the proficient application of all the scientific procedures and laws. After graduating from B.Sc in Applied Sciences course, students are experienced working in various pharmaceutical and commercial industries. Moreover, students can develop the initials of Science for practical purposes. Furthermore, after a B.Sc in Applied Sciences, you can easily be recruited into management careers in a company.
Top Entrance Exams for BSc Applied Sciences
The following are some of the most popular BSc Applied Sciences admissions entrance tests, along with their respective dates:
|Entrance Exams||Exam dates|
|BHU UET 2021||The first week of April 2021|
|GSAT 2021||The second week of June 2021|
|DSAT 2021||Fourth week of May 2021|
Must Read: BSc Subjects
BSc Applied Science Syllabus
The syllabus for BSc Applied Sciences varies in universities given below is a common syllabus for 3 years.
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Animal and Plant Biosecurity||Computer Science||Wildlife Management|
|Ceramic Engineering||Engineering Physics||Rural and Regional Business Management|
|Diagnostic Test Analysis||Conservation Management||Integrated Resource Management|
|Mathematics||Plant Physiology||Internet Security Services|
|Microbiology||Material Sciences||Quantum Computing|
Also Read: BSc Chemistry Honours
If you want to pursue B.Sc in Applied Sciences then you are required to qualify for the following eligibility criteria.
- You must have completed a recognized institution’s 10+2 program with English and Mathematics as required courses.
- You must have obtained a minimum of 50% in your 10+2 board examinations.
- If you fall into one of the restricted categories for SC/ST and OBC students, you must have a minimum of 45 percent to be eligible for BSc Applied Sciences.
- Furthermore, you will have to clear university entrance exams to be considered for admission.
The typical application process for applying to a university or institution to earn a bachelor’s degree in applied science is outlined below:
- To begin, students must register their names on the institute’s website using a valid email address and cell phone number.
- An OTP will be issued to the registered cellphone number after registration is complete.
- Students must log in and fill out all of the required fields.
- The necessary personal and educational papers must be uploaded.
- Payment for the application must be paid by NEFT online.
- After successfully submitting the form, you should print it off for future reference.
- Two/three days before the admission procedure, a merit list will be posted on the college grounds.
- You can go to the college for admission process formalities on the scheduled day.
Top Universities Abroad for BSc Applied Sciences
The top universities Abroad that offer BSc Applied Sciences degrees are listed below, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
|QS World University Rankings 2022.||Universities|
|#451-500||Saint Louis University|
|#216||Arizona State University (Kaplan International)|
|#424||James cook University|
|#358||Aston University, Birmingham|
|#801-1000||The University of the West of London|
|#362||La Trobe University|
|#701-750||New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|#273||University of Arizona|
|#46||University of Northern British Columbia|
Top Colleges in India for BSc in Applied Sciences
The top universities in India that offer BSc Applied Sciences degrees are listed below:
|University Name||Location||Foundation Year||College Name|
|Delhi University||New Delhi||1948||Miranda House|
|University of Delhi||New Delhi||1899||Hindu College|
|University of Madras||Chennai||1865||Madras Christian College|
|University of Madras||Chennai||1925||Loyola College|
|University of Delhi||New Delhi||1954||Kirorimal College|
|University of Delhi||New Delhi||1948||Hansraj College|
|Christ University||Bengaluru||1969||Department of Science|
|University of Madras||Chennai||1947||Stella Maris College|
|University of Delhi||New Delhi||1961||Sri Venkateswara College|
Important Reference Books
The important books for the B.Sc in Applied Science Course are mentioned below:
|Applied Sciences||N.N. Banavasi|
|Applied Sciences||Dr. Sanjay Kumar|
|Applied Sciences||Rebeka Hasan Boolaky Michelle Moran|
|Applied Sciences||Stewart Chenery Tracey Topham Steve Unsworth|
Career Scope and Job Prospects
There are a plethora of opportunities available after completion of BSc Applied Sciences. Some of the popular job profiles students pursue are:
|Job profiles||Average salary|
|Clinical Laboratory Technician||INR 5,00,000|
|Science Technician||INR 4,50,000|
|Clinical Research Specialist||INR 5,50,000|
|Biology Researcher||INR 7,00,000|
One of the most popular reasons that students pursue BSc Applied Sciences is employability and recruiters. The top companies who recruit graduates from BSc Applied Sciences are:
- Wifi networks
- ITC Infotech
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute and many more.
BSc in Spplied Sciences is a 3-year undergraduate course that has an average fees structure of INR 16,000-1,00,000. The admissions are taken based on merit as well as on an entrance basis.
The subjects in BSc Applied Sciences are:
> Industrial engineering
> Computer science
> Business informatics
> Computer technology
> Social sciences
> Workplace safety
Yes, this B.Sc in Applied Science program offers distant learning options.
Are you planning to pursue a BSc in Applied Sciences? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today