The UK must be one of your top choices for pursuing higher studies abroad. This is due to multiple reasons, as all of us would know. However, what aspirants must be prepared for is the student life in the UK. Of the many courses offered, Nursing is also now a popular choice among students. There are a few universities in UK offering courses in BSc Nursing. If you wish to pursue BSc Nursing in UK then this blog might be of great help for you. Here we will discuss BSc Nursing in UK briefly and how to do it. Read on to know more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in UK?
The United Kingdom is known for its top-tier universities and fine education systems. The country holds an eminence in architecture, professional approach, and modern education and has created some of the most notable people and leaders. The institutions in the UK are consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world. There are various research and job opportunities for students to explore which helps them develop the necessary skills that are globally appreciated. Apart from maintaining a highly professional and elite status in the world, the UK has an amazing life for students to indulge in that makes their stay merrier.
|Course||Bachelor of Science Nursing|
|Course Type||Full time|
|Per Annum Course Fees||14,000- 30,000 GBP|
|Average Salary Expected||22,000 – 109,000 GBP|
To secure admission to UK universities for a course in BSc Nursing, students must meet the eligibility criteria specified by each University. We have listed the basic eligibility criteria for admission to BSc Nursing in UK below :
- Cleared 10th and 12th from a recognized board
- Scored good marks in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Students must hold an updated resume, passport size photos and a valid passport.
We have listed the documents required for pursuing BSc Nursing in UK below –
- All academic Transcripts
- Previously cleared exam scores
- All the necessary qualification certificates
- Passport photocopy
- Letter of Recommendations
- Bank Statements (Parents/Personal)
- Passport Copy
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
Students interested in pursuing BSc Nursing in UK must be aware of the curriculum of the course. We have provide a general overview of the curriculum below –
- Nursing Practises related to patient care for acute and short term needs.
- Nursing Practises related to patient care for long term and complex care.
- Nursing and Health
- Transitions to Professional Practice.
Top Universities – BSc Nursing in UK
|QS 2021 Ranking||University||Duration of the Course|
|31||King’s College London||3 years|
|99||University of Nottingham||3 years|
|27||University of Manchester||3 years|
|20||University of Edinburgh||4 years|
|77||University of Glasgow||4 years|
|209||Belfast University||3 years|
|n/a||Ulster University||3 years|
Students must also be aware of the application deadline of each university before planning the admission process. We have noted the admission process for top universities Bsc Nursing in UK below –
|King’s College London||15th October – 15th January|
|University of Nottingham||30th June – 15th January|
|University of Manchester||15th October|
|University of Edinburgh||30th June|
|University of Glasgow||30th June|
|Belfast University||15th October|
- Register on the official site.
- Once registered, you will be provided with your username details.
- Sign in using the provided username and fill in all the details
- Choose the desired university and degree
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Scope after BSc Nursing in UK
The job opportunities and career aspects are endless for students after pursuing a BSc Nursing in UK. THe salary offered at the initial stages is also suitable for the students. After completing BSc Nursing in UK, students may opt to work as –
- Trainee Nurse
- Children Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Learning Disability Nurse
- Health Visitor
BSc Nursing in UK- Salary
Initially students might earn up to 24,000 GBP per year. However, this salary rises progressively with the years of experience. With more experience & qualifications, students can earn between 60,000 GBP – 109,000 GBP per annum.
So, this is all you need to know about BSc Nursing in UK? Wish to apply and confused about the application process. Well, in that case contact our LeverageEdu experts right away for assistance throughout the process. And for more such content, stay connected with Leverage Edu!