Nursing has emerged as one of the top career choices for many students. Often students who want a career in medicine but do not wish to do MBBS opt for nursing courses. Several good colleges in India have this course for undergraduate students. One such popular university is the Banaras Hindu University. Here in this blog, we have covered every detail about BHU BSc nursing, its top colleges, subjects, syllabus, scope and more!
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: Best Nursing Colleges In India
Tabulated below are the important highlights of BHU BSc Nursing. You can have a look here:
|Exam Name||BHU Bsc Nursing and Pharmacy Entrance Exam|
|Admission To||BSc Nursing|
|Conducting Authority||Banaras Hindu University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
- The registration process for this academic year shall commence in June 2021 and end by July 2021. The admit card will be released in October 2021 and the exam shall be held around that month only.
A candidate can follow these easy steps to fill the application form for pursuing BHU BSc nursing.
- Candidates can access the online application form for the exam on the official portal of BHU.
- On the homepage of the portal, candidates will find the link to the application portal.
- The first step would be to complete the basic registration using name, number and password.
- After successful completion of registration, candidates will use those details to log into the portal.
- After logging in, candidates will be required to enter all the necessary details.
- Candidates must make sure the form is finally reviewed before submitting, there should not be any incorrect information supplied.
- Candidates must upload all the important documents.
- Final step would be to submit the form successfully.
Explore: Top Medical Colleges in India
Eligibility Criteria for BHU BSc Nursing
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria in order to pursue BHU BSc Nursing. They are mentioned below.
- Candidates must have completed Class XII from a recognized board.
- English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology must have been the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have scored 50% (general) and 40%(SC/ST/OBC/PC) in the previous qualifying exams.
- Minimum age should be 17 whereas the maximum age is 25.
Exam Pattern of BHU BSc Nursing Entrance
Entrance exam for admission to B.Sc Nursing course at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is conducted every year in the offline mode with plenty of applicants every year. This year, the university has decided that it will be taking 75 students in a batch with 44 seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PC categories. Before applying, students should be well aware of the paper pattern of BSc Nursing at BHU.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode and the total duration is 2 hours. 100 Questions are asked from MCQ Format.
- There are 4 sections in total, namely, Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry. The total number of questions per section is 25 and the language of the examination is English.
- For every correct answer, +1 is added and there is no negative marking for incorrect or un attempted questions.
Also Read: BSc Nursing Syllabus
Tabulated below is the seat intake for BHU BSc Nursing 2021. You can check it out here:
Also Read: Medical Courses Without NEET
Category Wise Application Fee 2021
Mentioned below is the category wise application fee for BHU BSc Nursing 2021.
- General: INR 1000
- OBC: INR 1000
- ST: INR 750
- SC: INR 750
- PC: INR 750
Listed below are certain essential documents considered important at the time of counselling for BHU BSc Nursing. Make sure that you carry these documents with you at the time of counselling.
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Class X Mark sheet
- Admit Card of BHU B.Sc Nursing Entrance
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Passport Size Photographs
- Aadhar Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
Candidates must keep all these documents handy at the time of admission.
Explore: PhD in Nursing
This was all about the BHU BSc Nursing. If you wish to know more about universities’ entrance exams in India, stay connected to Leverage Edu! If you need assistance regarding the admission procedure, you can always get in touch with our experts who will guide you every step of the way. Sign up for a free session today!