BCom is a common career option for commerce students which covers subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, IT, Finance, Human Resources Management, etc. BCom Computers or Computer Science is a specialized version of Bachelor of Commerce with a focus on computer technology pertaining to the field of commerce. It is designed to familiarize students with the usage of computer applications along with the inclusion of subjects like banking in order to create a system that is technologically advanced and economically feasible at the same time. Let us understand more about this course and related careers through this blog!
This Blog Includes:
What is BCom Computers?
BCom Computers is an undergraduate course with a duration ranging from 3-4 years depending upon the university you join. The stress is laid on application, software and hardware technology of computers. It also includes closely working on computer languages, web designing, financial accounting, etc.
BCom Computers Syllabus
The syllabus of this course is designed in such a way that both disciplines are well balanced. If you have an interest in computer programming as well as subjects like finance and accounting then you might want to look at the details of this syllabus. Here are a few key components of the syllabus that will be part of this course:
- Accounting: Accounting or Accountancy is a systematic and comprehensive recording of financial transactions. Accounting is also referred to as summarizing and recording any financial statements. This field of study is vast and has various subfields like cost accounting, management accounting, financial accounting, etc.
- Programming Languages: Programming language, in simple words, is a set of commands given to a system in order to get a specific output. There are various programming languages that one would come across in this course like C++ and Java that are used in fields like e-commerce and banking and to keep an online database of various financial transactions.
- Company Law: These subjects explore the legal aspects of the discipline of commerce. Company law is a body of law that governs the rights, regulations and any other legal aspects of a financial firm.
- E-commerce: E-commerce can be referred to as the activity of buying and selling goods online. Information Technology plays a major role in this field because of the exponential increase in the field of digital marketing. E-commerce is one of the core subjects that you need to have an in-depth knowledge of if you’re interested in a course like BCom Computers.
If you are planning to earn a degree in this field then these are the subjects that you will be taught throughout the duration of your degree:
- Principles of Accounting
- Language I and II
- Corporate Law
- Web Designing
- Business Statistics
- Marketing Management
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
Apart from these core subjects, there are a few electives that you can choose from, these usually belong to other disciplines. Some of the elective subjects offered are:
- Environmental Studies
- Business Mathematics
- Technical Writing
- Banking Theory Law and Practice
- General English
- Gender Sensitisation
- Internet and Web designing
- Corporate Accounting
Job Prospects after Bcom Computers
The scope of this course is broad when it comes to the job as well as career prospects. The corporate sector has a lot of job opportunities for people who have pursued a degree in BCom Computers. Here is a list of job roles that you can consider:
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Chartered Accountant
- Human Resource Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Business Consultant
This was all about BCom Computers or Computer Science. It might be tricky to choose the best college and course for yourself but with the assistance of Leverage Edu you can make the right career decision! Book your 30-minutes free counselling session with us!