As India progresses further in the age of startups, students are looking for ways to delve into this new career option. While being an entrepreneur requires more than just a degree, certain innovative courses can make the students business ready by introducing innovative and relevant subjects for those who strive towards establishing their own identity in the market. One of such courses is BBA Entrepreneurship. Read this blog to learn more about the course and its specifications!
This Blog Includes:
What is BBA Entrepreneurship?
BBA Entrepreneurship is a 3-year degree course offered to students at the undergraduate level. Most colleges offer it to students who have studied either Commerce or Mathematics in their high school, while some offer the course to all subject streams. The course aims towards building a foundation of independent entrepreneurial thinking in students, teaching them about the present market environment and all the skills they require to establish themselves as a business. This course also complements students with a family business background, aiding them in an understanding of business operations and growth opportunities.
Check out the list of Young Entrepreneurs in India!
BBA in Entrepreneurship : Syllabus
Tabulated below is the semester wise break up of the syllabus for the course
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV||Semester V||Semester VI|
|Management Foundations||Quantitative Techniques for Management||Financial Management||Personal Financial Planning||Entrepreneurial Resource Management||Business Policy & Strategic Management|
|Computers in Management
|Organisational Behaviour||Venture Management||Marketing Management – II||Sales & Distribution Management||Project Management|
|Basic Mathematics & Statistical Techniques||Managerial Economics||Markteting Management – I||Research Methodology & Report Preparation||Business Tax Planning||Foreign Trade Procedure & Documentation|
|Business Environment||Financial Services & Institutional Supports||Management Information Systems||Analytical Skill Building||Communication Skills – III||Financial Inclusions – Micro Finance|
|English – I||English||Business Laws||E – Business Management||Change & Innovations Management||Industrial Relations & Compensation Management|
|Behavioural Science – I||Behaviuoral Science – II||Communication Skills – I||Behavioural Science – IV||Behavioural Science – V||Behavioural Science – VI|
|Introduction to Family Business Management||Financial Accounting – II||Behavioural Science – III||Communication Skills – II||International Business Management||Communication Skills – IV|
|Polity & Society
|Environmental Studies||Cost & Management Accounting||Human Resource Management||Summer Training||Dissertation|
|Financial Accounting – I||Financial Accounting – II||Summer Assignment & Project||Production & Operation Management|
Similar to a traditional BBA course, BBA Entrepreneurship comprises commerce centric subjects that build basic management skills, along with providing an in-depth knowledge of economics, accountancy and business communication. Coupled with that, there are certain entrepreneurial subjects taught at advanced level. Here is a list of some important subjects in the course:
- Fundamentals of Management
- Micro and Macro Economics
- Quantitative techniques for Business
- Financial planning
- Valuation and Succession
- Business Communication
- Family Business Management
- Equity and Venture Capital
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Leadership
Here is a list of top Women Entrepreneurs in India!
There are several Government and Private colleges in India that provide a 3 year degree in BBA entrepreneurship. However, there are numerous undergraduate entrepreneurial Universities from abroad that students must consider while making a decision. Being affiliated with an Internationally renowned Institution can really give your career an additional boost of knowledge, experience and recognition. Here are some of our top picks:
- University of Leeds, UK
- Sloan School of Management, MIT, USA
- University College London, UK
- EU Business School, Germany
- Torrens University, Australia
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- University of Toronto, Canada
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Malaysia
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- University of Manchester, UK
- Geneva Business School, Spain
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA
- Swiss Business School, Switzerland
- Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, USA
Top Colleges offering BBA Entrepreneurship in India
|Name of College||Location||Average Fees|
|IMS Unison University||Dehradun||INR 1,13,000|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||INR 1,62,000|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 3,53,000|
|Manav Rachna University||Faridabad||INR 1, 65,000|
|G.D Goenka University||Gurgaon||INR 2,60,000|
|Centre for Management Studies, Jain University||Bangalore||INR 1,72,000|
|IILM Undergraduate College||Gurgaon||INR 4,10,000|
BBA Entrepreneurship Fees in India
In comparison to other courses, the fees for pursuing BBA is slightly on the higher side. One of the reasons for this is because the BBA course is a professional course and there are many benefits attached to it. The average range in India for the BBA fees is from INR 5 thousand to 5 lakhs. The fees for BBA also depends on various factors such as the location and city of the college or university you are pursuing your BBA from.
Tabulated below are some important highlights of BBA Entrepreneurship –
|Duration of Course||3 years|
|Eligibility for the course||Minimum 50% aggregate in 10+2 examination, with main subjects as Commerce|
|Course Fees||INR 5,000 to 5 lakhs|
|Process of Admission||Based on Merit and qualifying the entrance exam|
BBA Entrepreneurship: Future Scope
The immense scope of BBA Entrepreneurship is what sets this course apart from others. While most courses tend towards developing specific professional skills in students, BBA Entrepreneurship unleashes the working potential within the students themselves. More a student is engaged in learning about the dynamics of business, the better he sets himself up to be successful.
- BBA Entrepreneurship can set up students with the required knowledge to establish and run their own business, instead of looking up for jobs to ply their trade.
- If you already have a business, you can learn how to develop with the changing course of time, adapting and expanding their operations as per the new environment.
- If individuals want to look for jobs after completing their degree, they can apply for jobs as Business consultants, Franchise Operators, Financial Administrators or new Venture developers. Many middle and high-level management positions also require people with entrepreneurial skills.
- Students can further their academic knowledge by applying for an MBA. Many colleges and universities also offer specialized subjects that further develop Entrepreneurial skills and also get better compensation in the organised sector.
With the advent of such professional courses that develop all the skills possessed by a successful businessman, “Leaders are born” may soon become a notion of the past. This translates into a better entrepreneurial ecosystem with innovation, offering newer opportunities to society. To know more about such interesting courses, connect with us at Leverage Edu. What’s even better, our experts offer career guidance tailored as per your personalised requirements. Join us by booking a free E- meeting right away.