Many young minds who aspire to become the next generation leaders in business and influence the world with their ideologies is a holy grail for them. They strike to pursue such a course that identifies their leadership potential and polishes their capabilities to be able to enter the corporate world and make their way towards success. Two of such prominent courses are BBA or BBM. Through this comprehensive blog, we will take a sneak peek into the different aspects of BBA syllabus.
This 3-year undergraduate course, allows students to understand the basics and fundamental concepts of Business. The coursework consists of 6 semesters and each of them broadly consists of various core and elective subjects.
This Blog Includes:
BBA Syllabus – Core Courses
The BBA subjects and topics covered in core courses are designed to impart knowledge of business fundamentals and various factors involved in the smooth functioning of the corporate sector. Here are some of the most common core courses in the BBA syllabus that the students have to study:
1. Business Communication: This subject concentrates on the effective communication between the employees and the management to achieve the organizational goals. It aims to enhance the organizational practice and overcome failures wherever possible.
2. Marketing Management: Marketing strategies help to smoothen the process of exchanging the ownership of a particular commodity i.e., from the seller to consumer. This is a systematical process of planning, organising, controlling and executing the policies and strategies of marketing to create demand for the products and improve the profits of the business. Students can further pursue a Masters in Marketing Management to enhance their expertise in the field.
3. Business Ethics: The study of relevant policies and practice of Business regarding controversial subjects like Bribing, Insider Trading, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Discrimination, Fiduciary Responsibilities, etc. Business Ethics constitutes one of the most important core course in the BBA syllabus, providing businesses with basic guidelines on how to gain public approval.
4. Project Management: This subject provides the knowledge of processes, methodologies, skills and experience to achieve a specific project according to the agreed parameters. As a Project Manager, you need an extensive range of technical, leadership and business awareness skills.
5. Public Relations: Public Relation courses involve a strategic process of communication between an individual or a company with prospective partners or investors to maintain a positive and beneficial relationship between the two.
Other core courses covered in BBA syllabus are:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Financial Accounting
- Management Principles
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
BBA Syllabus – Elective Courses
Students pursuing a BBA degree can choose one or many among the pool of elective courses that are created outside the content of core courses but within a similar business environment. Below-mentioned are some of the most popular optional subjects covered in the BBA syllabus:
1. Retail Management: It involves a process in which the consumers acquire the goods and services from the retail stores for their own use. Students are taught different techniques that will help create demand and supply and fulfil the buying needs of the customers. Retail Management ensures that products are easily available to buyers.
2. International Finance: International Finance deals with all the monetary transactions occurring between two or more countries and also the issues related to International Business Management. It mainly includes Currency Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
3. Brand Management: Coming under the function of marketing, Brand Management courses introduces students to the methods to enhance the perceived value of a particular line of product it deals with. This mainly involves building a loyal customer base, managing the price of products and setting up a positive image of the brand across the globe.
Other popular elective subjects under BBA syllabus are as follows:
- Income Tax And Planning
- International Human Resource Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Supply Chain Management
- Industrial Relations And Labour Legislation
- Portfolio Management
- Salesforce Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- BBA in Airport Management
- BBA vs BCom
- BBA MBA Integrated Course
- BBA Colleges in Canada
- Course after BBA
Hopefully, you are now familiar with the BBA syllabus and dynamic opportunity to earn much higher with time and work experience. MBA can be another good decision post-BBA. So, are you planning to explore dynamic options in this world of business abroad? You can reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and know the best place to kickstart your career. Book your 30 minutes free career counselling session now.