Business Accounting and Taxation course aim to impart students with the fundamental knowledge of Accounting concepts, taxation, payroll policies, as well as the integral disciplines of Economics. Pursuing a BAT course can equip you with the essential knowledge and skills of managing an organisation encompassing across varied departments of Sales, Accounting and Taxation. In order to understand what this course is, it is integral to explore the concepts of Business Accounting and Taxation that are a chief part of this program. So let us get started and take a look at what all are the necessary features of this course.
This Blog Includes:
Understanding Business Accounting and Taxation
A Business Accounting and Taxation course is a certified and 6-month academic program provided mainly designed by EduPristine and also offered by a few institutes in India. Before we delve deeper into what is the coursework of BAT course and how it can benefit your career being a fresher or a working professional, let us first understand the two most crucial aspects of the course-
Business Accounting is a process of keeping a track of all the business operations. The financial documents are evaluated, documented, and interpreted in this process.
Taxation is a process followed by governments all over the world. It involves levying charges on individuals, a group of individuals or companies to generate revenue which can be put to use for the developmental activities in the country.
Course Structure of BAT Course
Let us go thorough these simple points and get an idea about what all will be a part of the BAT course-
- Having a diverse curriculum, a BAT course is an intensive certification program conducted through in-person as well as online classes and provides students with an in-depth knowledge of Accountancy. It incorporates a balanced mix of theoretical and industry knowledge of book-keeping and account-keeping to help students get a wholesome perspective.
- This course also provides formal training in the System Application Product (SAP) which is a system that consists of modules covering all the elements of Business Management. Highly demanded in the field of Management, learning SAP is an asset to add in your skillset.
- A BAT course also equips students with tools and techniques of software named Quickbooks Coaching. When it comes to storing confidential financial statements or information, this software is one of the most reliable sources in the field of Accounting.
To pursue BAT course from a recognized academic institution, it is mandatory for one to have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from reputed academic institution. Apart from this, the entry requisites may differ with respect to the institution chosen.
BAT Course Syllabus & Subjects Covered
As EduPristine is amongst the prominent educational institution to pursue a BAT course in India, we have summarised the major topics and pointers that have been prescribed under the program below:
|Financial Reporting using ERP Software – Tally||Types of Accounts and Double Entry Accounting System; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; Flow of Transactions; Expense and Purchase Process, etc.|
|Direct Taxation||Tax Deducted at Source (TDS); Accounting for TDS; Income Tax Returns; Filing TDS Return, etc.|
|Payroll and its Components||Registration and Returns for Payroll Components; Understanding Payroll Components; Payroll in Tally, etc.|
|BUSY||Introduction to Busy; Transaction Posting; Extraction of GST Reports; Creation of Ledgers, etc.|
|Finalization of Financial Statements||Preparations of Financial Statements with notes; Understand and Computing Various Financial Ratios; Preparation of Trial Balance; Best Practices in Auditing, etc.|
|SAP Module (Simulation-Based)||Vendor and Customer Management; Delivery & Invoice Management; Liquidity Management; Cash and Credit Management|
|Excel and MIS Reporting||Introduction of Excel; Lookup Function – VLookup and HLookup; Objective and Advantage of MIS; MIS Reporting Using Excel, etc.|
|Goods and Service Tax (GST)||Refund of Tax; Input Tax Credit; Applicability of GST; Tax Invoice; Preparation of and E-filing GST Return, etc.|
Role of a Tax Accountant
Amongst the major career profiles that you can pursue after a BAT course, a Tax Accountant is a lucrative and highly rewarding option to explore. Here we have listed down the key roles and responsibilities of a Tax Accountant:
- Guides the firm with the best business plans, investment opportunities, and many other beneficial strategies.
- Responsible for filing and submitting tax-related documents of the financial year.
- Calculates the income tax returns of the company or the organization and ensures that they are paid on a timely basis.
- Advises the company’s board of directors on decisions related to Finance and Tax Management.
Career Opportunities after BAT Course
An integrated degree in the trio of Business Accounting and Taxation, you can explore a plethora of job opportunities. You can choose from an array of career profiles available in the public as well as the private sector. A BAT course also equips students with the knowledge pertaining to the Finance sector thus providing them with a versatile skillset. Along with pursuing the profile of a tax accountant, given below is a list of other suitable work profiles for a BAT course graduate:
- Analyst or a Senior Associate
- Assistant or Senior Manager
- Accounts Executive
- Deputy General Manager
Thus, we hope that this blog covering the essential details of a BAT course helped you understand what it is about. If you wish to explore academic courses opportunities in the fields of Business, Taxation and Accounting but don’t know where to start, get in touch with our Leverage Edu mentors and counsellors and we will help you choose a suitable course that assists you in pursuing the vast stream of Commerce.