A diploma in human resource management is a one-year course for students who are keen to understand management and people. After completion of the course, students learn about the fundamentals and inculcate various management skills that are required for being an efficient human resource manager. Let’s go through the requirements and responsibilities for a Diploma in Human Resource Management.
This Blog Includes:
- Course Highlights
- What is Diploma in Human Resource Management?
- Who Should Opt for Diploma in HRM Course?
- Diploma in Human Resource Management: Roles and Responsibilities
- Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management Syllabus
- Diploma in Human Resource Management Fees
- Top Universities for Diploma in Human Resource Management Abroad
- Top 10 Colleges in India for Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Admission Process for Diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management: Average Salary and Job Profiles
|Duration of the Course||1 year|
|Eligibility||10+2 pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board examination from any recognized center or state board.|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance exam based (In few colleges)|
|Course Fee||Between INR 7,000 and 30,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2-4 Lakhs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TCS, Honeywell, HCL, Samsung, Jubilant food works, etc.|
|Job Positions||HR manager, HR trainee manager, Domain expert, Performance analyst, etc.|
What is Diploma in Human Resource Management?
A 1-year diploma in Human Resource Management makes you well at management from initial to advance. While some institutions offer the course after 10, some offer it after 12th or after the completion of bachelor. The course curriculum not only sharpens your managerial skills but also provides you with essential knowledge in a short time span. The importance of the course is it covers all aspects of management such as business environment, management accounting and much more.
Who Should Opt for Diploma in HRM Course?
- Students with quick decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Students that are interested in management studies and interested in HR department
- Lastly, students who are planning for higher studies
Diploma in Human Resource Management: Roles and Responsibilities
Working as an HR is equally challenging as well as rewarding. The key responsibility for HR are as follows:
- Addressing employees and concerns related to them.
- To build as well as maintain the company’s culture.
- To create a workable positive and soothing environment for employees.
- Solving conflicts arising such as sexual harassment, bullying female employees, etc.
- Helping employees find their weaknesses and strength.
- Implementation of reward systems.
- Organization of career development programme.
- Hiring top talents and scheduling departure of current jobholders.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Human Resource Management
If you want to pursue a diploma in HRM, you must check the following eligibility criteria.
- There are three levels to pursue a diploma in HRM after 10, 12 and after completion of bachelor with an aggregate of at least 50%, depending upon the institutions and their eligibility criteria.
- Courses can be pursued on the basis of entrance exams as well as on a merit basis.
- Students from any course are eligible but commerce students can receive greater preference.
Diploma in Human Resource Management Syllabus
The syllabus and subjects are different for every other Institution. The subjects given below are general across the syllabus for different institutions:-
|Semester I||Information Systems for Managers, Business Economics, Financial Accounting & Analysis, Management Theory and Practice, Marketing management, Organisational behaviour|
|Semester II||Business law, Manpower Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Essentials of HRM, Organisation Culture, Performance Management System, Industrial Relations & Labor Laws|
Also Read: MBA HR Syllabus
Diploma in Human Resource Management Fees
The tuition fees for a diploma in HRM ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000 per annum but varies for every college. Fees to pursue a diploma/certificate in human resource management abroad in the best colleges ranges from 8 lakhs to 20 lakhs per annum.
Top Universities for Diploma in Human Resource Management Abroad
|Name of the university||QS World Ranking 2022|
|Imperial College London Business School||2|
|Stanford University Business School of Graduates||7|
|University of Michigan||23|
|Seoul National University||31|
|The University of Melbourne||33|
|University of Glasgow||55|
|University of Southern California (Marshall school of business)||131|
|Nanjing University Business School||162|
Top 10 Colleges in India for Diploma in Human Resource Management
|Name of the Institutions||Location|
|Arunodaya university||Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Indian School of business management and administration||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Indian School of business management and administration||Kochi, Kerala|
|Aped institute of management||Nagpur Maharashtra|
|Indian School of business management and administration||New Delhi|
|Avagmah business school||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Madras Christan college||Chennai, Tamilnadu|
|Patna university||Patna, Bihar|
|IAS academy||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Mansarovar Group of Institution||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
Admission Process for Diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM)
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined. Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Diploma in Human Resource Management: Average Salary and Job Profiles
There are many options available after completion of a diploma in human resource management. The average salary offered abroad is $33,000 / INR 2,454,870 or $2,760/INR 205,316.4 .The job profiles and their respective salaries are tabulated below.
|Job profiles||Average Salary (p.a)|
|Human Resource Executive||INR 1.8-2 Lacs|
|Accountant||INR 1.85-2.15 Lacs|
|Performance Analyst||INR 1.8 – 2.2 Lacs|
|Salary Incharge||INR 1.6-2.0 Lacs|
|Human Resource Management Trainee||INR 2- 2.2 Lacs|
Some other popular job profiles are as follows: HR Generalist, HR recruiter, HR specialist, Compensation Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Training and Development Manager, Change consultant and Technical Recruiter.
Check Out: Best Human Resource Management Books
Want to pursue a Diploma in human resource management in the world’s top universities? Sign up for a free session with our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 and accelerate your admission procedure at your dream university!