MBA has become a popular choice among students not just in India but around the globe. With more unique specialisations, it has become even more choicest amongst engineering or medical science students. Almost every year scores of students take admission in MBA hoping to land into best MBA colleges in India. The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies also offers various MBA courses across many interdisciplinary specialisations. This blog brings you all the salient features of UPES MBA, eligibility, specialisations and placements!
|UPES MBA Duration||2 years|
|No. of Semesters||4|
|Tuition Fees (per semester)||2,57,500 INR|
|MBA courses Offered||9|
|Entrance Exam||UPESMET, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT|
|Average Salary Package||10,00,000- 15,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
UPES MBA Highlights
UPES is among the top B-schools in India & has an exceptional placement record. UPES MBA is a 2-year course in various streams with different specialization. Here are some of the highlights of this course:
- Ranked #66 by NIRF for its MBA
- No.1 private Institution in Uttrakhand
- Ranked among the top 15 business schools in North India
- 95% placement record
- Salary Package up to 27 lakhs
- Study abroad program of 4 weeks
- More than 150+ recruitment companies
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education or IACBE, USA accredited two UPES MBA courses
- MBA Oil and Gas Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
UPES MBA Eligibility
Before applying for any course it is essential that applicants check if they meet the required eligibility criteria. Here are the eligibility criteria for UPES MBA:
- Scored minimum 50% in class 10 & 12 from recognized board.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized institution.
There are three rounds of the UPES MBA selection process & a student is selected on the performance of these rounds.
- Entrance Exam – Students have to clear the entrance exam. Entrance exams accepted for admission in UPES MBA are UPESMET, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT.
- Group Discussion – Students that have qualified in the entrance exam & are eligible for Group Discussion round.
- Personal Interview – Students that have cleared the group discussion round are called for the final round that is a personal interview. After clearing this round, students can take admission in UPES MBA.
Also Read: Eligibility for MBA
UPES MBA Application Process
If you are planning to appear for the university admission exam for admission in UPES MBA, here is how you can fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of UPES MBA.
- Fill in your personal details in the application form like name, date of birth, postal address, etc.
- Select the course you are applying for (Postgraduate, MBA)
- Pay the required application fee.
- Fill in your educational details
- Complete the form & click on the submit button.
Here is the UPES MBA Application Form Link!
The application fee of UPES MBA is Rs. 1350/- that can be paid through debit/credit card or internet banking.
Also Read: MBA Colleges Through CAT Score
UPES doesn’t offer just one MBA course but offers a total of 9 MBA courses with different specialization.MBA specialization & minor choice are provided in the second year. Here are all the UPES MBA & its Specialization
|Digital Business||Web Design and Development|
Search Engine Optimization
|Business Analytics||Energy Analytics|
|Oil and Gas Management||Petroleum Marketing & Business DevelopmentNatural Gas Business|
|Power Management||Power Business & Regulations|
Green Energy and Transition to Sustainability
|International Business||International Business Law and Negotiation|
Cross Culture Management
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Logistics Planning / Supply Chain|
Business Process in Supply Chain
|Aviation Management||Airline Service Operations|
Aviation Enterprise Management
|MBA in Events, Public Relations and , Corporate Communications||Events, Public Relations, Corporate Communications|
Here are the minors offered under UPES MBA:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Transformation
- Start your Startup
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- Operations / Project Management
- Financial Analysis and Services
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship
Also Read Different MBA Streams
MBA Fees (Per Semester)
|Academic Service Fee||85500|
Fees for MBA Events, PR & Corporate Communications
|Academic Service Fee||29,750|
UPES MBA Scholarships
Students are awarded many MBA scholarships by UPES with tuition waivers of up to 100%. Here are all the scholarships for UPES MBA.
- 20% Scholarship for Girl Students: The scholarship is awarded to girl students taking admission in postgraduate courses who have scored 60% in undergraduate degree & is offered for first-year renewal depending on other criteria.
- Merit-Based Scholarships: UPES MBA also provides scholarships based on the percentile score in CAT the exam. Here is the tuition fee waiver & CAT percentile score required for scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to limited students only.
|CAT Score (percentile)||Tuition Fee waive off|
|90.01% – 95%||85%|
|85% – 90%||75%|
Also Read 60+ IIM Scholarships for MBA Applicants
UPES MBA Placements
UPES MBA batch 2020 witnessed over 95% placements with over 150+ companies visited for placement. Here are some top companies that recruited UPES MBA students.
- Adani Airports & Power
- Bechtel India
- Berger Paints
- Indigo Airlines
- L&T Infotech
- Indian Oil Adani Gas Pvt. Ltd
Take a virtual tour of UPES Campus!
Job Profile & Salary Package
There are plenty of opportunities and options available with students that have completed their UPES MBA based on their interest and specialization. Here are some of the top job profiles along with their salary structure.
|Job profile||Salary Per annum|
|Senior Process Manager||17,00,000|
|Chief Executive Office||24,00,000|
Also Read: What Can You Do With an MBA Qualification?
There is only a limited number of seats allotted to each specialized course of UPES MBA. Here are the total seats available based on the MBA specialization.
|Human Resource/Marketing Management/Finance Management/Operations Management||80|
|Oil & Gas Management||30|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||30|
|Events, Public Relations and ,Corporate Communications||10|
Yes, UPES offers various merit-based scholarships as well as a unique 20% scholarship for girl students scheme for its MBA courses.
UPES offers a total of 9 MBA courses.
No, UPES accepts other entrances like CMAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT for admission for MBA courses.
Oyo, Amazon, Accenture, ITC, Infosys are some of the top recruitment companies for UPES MBA.
There are a total of 3 rounds, i.e. entrance exam, group discussion and personal interview.
The duration of UPES MBA is 2 years.
Check Out: MBA for Working Professionals
Thus, we hope that this blog has familiarized you with UPES MBA. Choosing the right university and MBA course can be tough. If you are planning to pursue MBA abroad, our team of experts & counselors at Leverage Edu are just a call away. For the latest updates around education, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and also subscribe to our newsletter.