Being one of the most sought-after courses, applying for an MBA at Harvard Business School you will require a strong academic and professional record along with acing your GMAT exam and providing well-written essays and LORs. Under all these essentials, you will necessarily extensive work experience to ace your application. But what if we tell you that you can apply for a Harvard MBA directly after graduating? Well, Harvard’s exclusive MBA 2+2 programme makes that possible. The MBA 2+2 program at Harvard Business School offers business and management students the opportunity to spend the half of the program pursuing the best work opportunities while also gaining the knowledge and expertise coming under an MBA degree. Read this blog to know all about the eligibility, application process and details pertaining to how hard it is to get into Harvard MBA 2+2 program.
This Blog Includes:
What is Harvard’s MBA 2+2 Programme?
MBA 2+2 programme is a deferred enrollment programme offered by the Harvard Business School. Under this programme, the students in their last year of undergraduate study or those who are enrolled in a master’s programme could apply for admission into Harvard’s MBA programme on a deferred basis. What it means is that this programme is divided into two parts. The first two years (maximum 4) after getting admission would be spent gaining full-time work experience and the last two years would be dedicated to academic pursuits. Thus, opting for this course, you are reserving a seat for yourself in the future batch of Harvard’s MBA programme.
Harvard’s 2+2 MBA programme is open to students from all disciplines but you must qualify the following criteria if you wish to get enrolled in it.
- You can apply for the current admission cycle if you complete your graduation before October 2021.
- Students pursuing an undergraduate degree and are in their final year of study could apply.
- Master’s degree level students are also eligible to apply. But they must not have held a full time working position between their bachelors and masters.
- The applicant must have cleared GMAT or GRE. Exams that are taken before April 30, 2016, will not be considered valid.
Note: Because of the ongoing pandemic situation, for the cohort of 2021 online versions GMAT and GRE exams are acceptable.
- If you are an international student who has studied from a non-English university then you need to qualify any of the English language proficiency tests.
- You would be given more preference if:
- If you plan on working in an operating company (related to production and manufacturing) during the first two years.
- The candidate belongs to lower socio-economic background.
The application procedure is similar to the regular Harvard MBA programme and the entire procedure will be conducted online. All the eligible candidates could apply through the official website of Harvard Business School. Here are the things you must know while applying for Harvard MBA 2+2 MBA program:
- Last day to apply – The last day to apply for the current application cycle is April 29, 2021.
- Application fee – 100$
- You could apply for a fee waiver in case of financial constraints while filling the application form.
- The candidates will have to go through an interview round before getting into the Harvard MBA 2+2 programme.
Here is a document checklist for gearing up your application for Harvard MBA 2+2 program:
- Academic transcripts of the bachelors and masters programmes.
- Letters of Recommendation
- GMAT or GRE scorecards.
- Proof showing that you have cleared IELTS, TOEFL or PTE (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose consisting of any essay which clearly mentions why you wish to pursue the 2+2 MBA programme.
The annual tuition fee of Harvard business school is $73,440 and it doesn’t include all other costs like health insurance, living expenses, etc. But you could avail various fee waivers, fellowships and scholarships while studying at Harvard and you can check the official website for the same.
The deferred period is two years minimum and four years maximum.
No, you would have to acquire the work permit and visa on your own.
No, candidates could choose any place and industry related to MBA of their liking.
So, we hope that this blog cleared all your doubts regarding about Harvard MBA 2+2 Program. If you were postponing your plans for an MBA at Harvard because of the lack of experience then this programme is the right choice for you. So, go ahead and reserve a seat for yourself in one of the top MBA school’s of the world. And in case you need some guidance regarding the process, our Leverage Edu experts are here to lend you a helping hand. Sign up for a free session with us today!