HEC Paris (École des hautes études commerciales de Paris) is an international business school in Jouy-en-Josas, France, that was founded and established in 1881. HEC Paris is one of the most selective French grandes écoles (universities) and offers its flagship Master in Business, MBA, and EMBA degrees, as well as advanced MSc courses, a PhD degree, and executive education. It has developed itself as a leading business school around the world since its founding in 1881. Established by the Paris Chamber of Commerce, the school’s goal is to develop and train a growing number of future world leaders. Want to pursue the world-renowned HEC Paris MBA? Read this blog to know all about HEC Paris MBA, rankings, fees, acceptance rate, admissions 2021, syllabus and more!
|Course||HEC Paris MBA|
|Tuition Fees||€ 76,000|
|Intakes||September and January|
|Students per class||290|
|GMAT average score||690|
|Average work experience||6 years|
Here is all you need to know about MBA in France!
Table of contents
About HEC Paris MBA
France is one of the most obvious options for those looking to pursue an MBA in Europe. The educational system is among the best in the world, with many top-rated institutions to choose from. Among the many choices, HEC Paris is consistently ranked as one of the most prestigious in the country for its Master of Business Administration program. Here is everything that you may need to know about the HEC Paris MBA program:
- The HEC Paris MBA program is a 16-month full-time program that includes an eight-month foundation period and an eight-month customised phase.
- The first two terms are foundational, during which you can learn fundamental business skills. Managerial economics, statistics and business intelligence, and marketing are among the first-term modules. Among the topics covered in term two are ethics and sustainability, operations management, and corporate finance. Company simulations are used in all terms of the fundamental process.
- The customised process lasts for terms three and four. You can take eight electives (plus an optional internship) in term three, or four electives and an MBA project (and/or an optional internship); or foreign student exchange in term three (plus optional internship). Participants can choose between an MBA specialisation and a foreign student exchange in term four.
- Entrepreneurship, finance, advanced management, strategic marketing, planning, digital innovation, and sustainable & disruptive innovation are the seven specialisations accessible to the students.
- HEC Paris has a global network of partner schools that includes HKUST Business School, London Business School, and The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, among many others.
- In a nutshell, HEC Paris is like a mecca for management aficionados. It is home to about 4000 students and 111 professors. International students from 95 different countries make up the bulk of the overall student body.
Know all about Education in France and Public Universities in France!
Requirements for HEC Paris MBA
Here are the major requirements to apply for the HEC Paris MBA program:
- You must have graduated from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree.
- An applicant with 2-10 years of work experience is suitable.
- €200 non-refundable processing fee
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose or completed application essays
- There is no minimum GMAT/GRE score requirement, but it is recommended that you apply a GMAT with scores of at least 60% in both the verbal and quantitative categories.
- For non-native English speakers, a copy of the TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, PTE, or Cambridge English Exam results is needed. The minimum scores required are:
- Two recommendation letters or LORs
- Transcripts from all university programs
- Completed Current professional resume in English
Check Out: SOP for MBA
Fees and Funding
Here is all you need to know about HEC Paris MBA fees and funding:
- The fee for the HEC Paris MBA course is charged in two instalments. But the application deposit of €9,000 (approximately INR 7,84,247.29) is made for both intakes.
- The January 2022 tuition fee is around €76,000 (roughly INR 66,22,532.64), and the September 2022 tuition fee is around €78,000 (approx. INR 67,96,809.82).
- The school also provides a variety of internal scholarships, with annual financial assistance totalling over €1,000,000 (approximately INR 8,71,38,587.40).
The HEC Paris MBA program uses a rolling admissions procedure, which means you will receive a swift answer to your application. You may apply at any time of year to start your MBA in January or September. The admissions process, however, takes five weeks. It comprises of:
- Filling an Online Form
- Review of Applications
- A Pre-selection Jury
- Interviews With HEC Paris MBA Alumni
- An Admission Jury For Final Decision
HEC Paris MBA Deadlines
Because of the large number of applications, the admission committee at HEC Paris advises students to apply as soon as possible. You can also apply at any time of the year because of the rolling admissions process. You will receive an official response within 2-4 weeks of submitting your application due to the efficient procedure. Please keep in mind that if you are not accepted, you will not be able to apply for another admissions intake the following year. Before you can be considered for admission again, you must wait one academic year. The Decision Dates for HEC Paris MBA 2021 are as follows:
- 14 January
- 4 February
- 4 March
- 18 March
- 8 April
- 6 May
- 3 June
- 8 July
- 22 July
- 2 September
- 16 September
- 21 October
- 4 November
- 16 December
HEC Paris MBA Placements
The HEC Paris Career Center takes a fresh approach to assist students in their career transition. Their business strategy focuses on expanding the number and quality of businesses that come to campus to hire. Having said that, their personalised approach focuses on providing you with the practical resources you’ll need to achieve your post-MBA career objectives. Some of the key facts are:
|Accepted job offers within three months of graduation||92%|
|Found a job outside their home country||66%|
|Annual salary package||$128,206|
|Accepted job offers within three months of graduation||92%|
The HEC Paris MBA Career Center’s recruitment board had over 600 job opportunities in 2020, including internships, fieldwork projects, and full-time positions. Here is the list of the HEC Paris MBA’s top recruiters:
- Estee Lauder
- Boston Consulting Group
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bain & Company
- McKinsey & Company
Also Read: Best MBA Colleges in World 2021
Why Choose the HEC Paris MBA Program?
The HEC Paris MBA program is one-of-a-kind, demanding, and rigorous, and it is the ideal training for potential success in a career in business and management. Nothing can be inferred without considering the wow factor of the subject that we are addressing, as we always do. So, here are the top six reasons why the HEC Paris MBA is a perfect way to achieve your career goals.
- Alma Mater of CEOs like François-Henri Pinault [CEO, Kering], Michel Vounatsos [CEO, Biogen Inc.] and Jean-Dominique Sénard [CEO, Michelin]
- An Entrepreneurial Environment
- A unique approach to leadership
- Tradition of excellence
- Career transformation
- At the forefront of innovative knowledge
Thus, we hope that this blog has answered all your queries related to HEC Paris MBA. Want to apply for this course at HEC Paris? Sign up for a free counselling session with our Leverage Edu mentors and we’ll help you throughout the process to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted!