MBA or Masters of Business Administration is one of the most preferred and popular courses in the world. It is a business management course that provides students with a wide range of career opportunities. An MBA graduate from Canada can work in almost every business field, be it Finance or Human Resources. The University of Canada West is one such university that offers international students an MBA Degree; graduates from the University of Canada West become employed within 6 months of graduation. The University of Canada West is the right choice for you if you want to get an internationally-recognised degree such as the University of Canada West’s MBA which is among the top-ranked courses in Canada. This blog includes the Admission Process, Eligibility Requirements for the University of Canada West MBA and more.
|University||University of Canada West|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Total MBA Courses||15|
|English Proficiency Tests||IELTS, PTE, TOEFL|
|Intakes||Winter, Summer, Fall, Spring|
|Application Fee||CAD 150 (INR 5,818.39)|
This Blog Includes:
- University of Canada West MBA Rankings 2022
- About MBA at University of Canada West
- University of Canada West MBA Eligibility Criteria
- English Language Requirements for University of Canada West MBA
- How to Apply for MBA at University of Canada West?
- Documents Checklist for University of Canada West MBA
- Cost of Studying MBA at the University of Canada West
- Cost of Living
- Documents Required for Canadian Visa
- University of Canada West MBA Scholarships
- Career and Placement after UCW MBA
University of Canada West MBA Rankings 2022
Post knowing about the University of Canada West, let’s know some of the renowned ratings and rankings that this university’s MBA has achieved:
- The University of Canada West MBA Course has been ranked #4 by ApplyBoard’s Top 10 Canadian university programs.
- The University of Canada West has been rated with an overall 5 Star by the prestigious QS Stars higher education rating system in September 2021.
Did you know: The University of Canada West is the 3rd university in Canada, and the 1st one in British Columbia, to receive a 5 Star rating by the QS Stars.
About MBA at University of Canada West
Here’s the complete program overview of the University of Canada West MBA:
|Course Name||Masters of Business Administration|
University of Canada West MBA prepares students with the following skills and abilities:
- It prepares students to respond strategically to business challenges and opportunities.
- It allows students to assess the ethical implications of business activities.
- It prepares students to develop, implement and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Students get to formulate business decisions and systematic analysis that reflects critical thinking.
- Students are prepared to demonstrate effective skills to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Students gain leadership qualities through leading teams through the resolution of problems and successful completion of projects and tasks.
- Students are prepared to integrate personal values and perspectives into problem-solving and take responsibility for decisions.
- Students become able to communicate ideas persuasively (written and oral) as a result of a thorough analysis of information.
- Students are prepared to gather, analyze and synthesize information for a business context.
University of Canada West MBA program is divided into 4-tiers which are as follows:
- Tier 1: Analytical Foundations
- Tier 2: Management Principles and Practices
- Tier 3: Business Applications
- Tier 4: Integration and Implementation
Students are supposed to choose one of the 8 Elective Areas to continue their degree program:
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Digital Marketing
University of Canada West MBA Eligibility Criteria
Post knowing about the University of Canada West MBA overview, let’s now highlight the basic entry-level requirements or eligibility criteria which is required by international students to study MBA at the University:
- A GMAT or GRE; the test must have been taken in the last five (5) years with a suitable score.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a grade point of at least 72% in business i.e BBA or BCom or any other equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional or management experience along with clear evidence of career development and relevant education or training.
English Language Requirements for University of Canada West MBA
International Students who want to pursue the University of Canada West MBA Program must meet the following requirements:
How to Apply for MBA at University of Canada West?
If you have made up your mind to study at the University of Canada West then feel free to call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to study MBA at the University of Canada West! Here’s an easy process to start with your application process:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counselors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your MBA Course with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder. The experts will then commence your application process for multiple colleges through our common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, PTE etc.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, Canadian students visas, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. After accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, search for accommodation and other necessities, pack your bags and fly to Vancouver, Canada.
Documents Checklist for University of Canada West MBA
Here’s a quick document checklist that applicants must possess in order to study the University of Canada West MBA:
- High School Certificate/Marksheets
- Graduation Certificate/Bachelor’s Degree
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Letter of Recommendation (2) (3)
- A Letter of Acceptance (2)
- Essay (500 words) If required
- Language Test Scores: IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE
- Proof of Financial Evidence
- Educational Credential Assessment
- Updated CV/Resume with relevant work experience
Cost of Studying MBA at the University of Canada West
The Tuition Fees for studying MBA at the University of Canada West is mentioned below:
|MBA||Total Tuition Fees|
|International Student Fees||CAD 36,840 (INR 21.50 Lakhs)|
*The Tuition Deposit for International Students is CAD 7,900 (INR 4,61,113)
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Vancouver, Canada as an International Student ranges from CAD 733 (INR 42,000) to CAD 993 (INR 57,000). Check out Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator for a detailed breakdown to manage the expenses as an international student in Vancouver, Canada.
Documents Required for Canadian Visa
- A Letter of Acceptance
- Transcripts of recent secondary or post-secondary qualifications
- School Leaving Certificate
- Language Test Scores
- Proof of payment of first-year tuition fees
- A medical exam before applying (if required)
- Police Certificate before applying (if required)
- Scholarship/Funding Details [If Applicable]
- IT Records of parents
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD $10,000
- Either a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a Visitor Visa
Must Read: How to get a Canada Student Permit?
University of Canada West MBA Scholarships
Here are some scholarships offered by the University of Canada West for Indian Students:
MBA Foundation Study Grant
This scholarship is for international and domestic students, who demonstrate leadership potential. The scholarship award is for CAD 5,000 (INR 291,796) and the required GPA is 3.0.
Scholarships for Academic Excellence
This scholarship is awarded to international students who achieve the following mentioned excellent academic scores/grades:
|Cumulative GPA (out of 4.33)||International Students|
|4.3||CAD 6,000 (INR 3 Lakh)|
|4||CAD 4,000 (INR 2 Lakh)|
|3.8||CAD 2,000 (INR 1 Lakh)|
Second Language Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to international students with an IELTS overall score of 7.0 and a minimum of 6.5 in all components. The awarded grant is CAD 2,000 (INR 1 Lakh).
Career and Placement after UCW MBA
Students who complete the UCW MBA program can explore career possibilities like as
- Marketing Manager.
- Sales Manager.
- HR Manager.
- Finance Advisor.
- Business Analyst.
- Investment Banker.
- Business Development Manager.
- Project Manager.
The intake sessions at the University of Canada West are Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer (July).
Ans. International students studying in Canada are allowed to work while attending the University up to 20 hours a week if they are enrolled in a full-time program for at least six months.
Ans. It takes around 15-20 working days to get the offer letter from the University of Canada after you choose the program and submit the non-refundable application fee of CAD 150 (INR 8K).
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Canada West? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.