B Pharmacy has gained a lot of attention in recent times primarily because of opportunities that B Pharmacy graduates get. But still a dilemma that students face is whether to continue with their academic pursuits or start their professional career after graduation. Now if you are one of those who wish to keep studying and acquire a masters degree then doing an MBA after B Pharmacy could be a beneficial addition to your qualifications. Let’s discover what MBA after B Pharmacy has to offer!
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of MBA After B Pharmacy
There are plenty of reasons which make doing an MBA after B Pharmacy an apt academic choice.
- The most obvious one is the fact that MBA is one of the most sought after courses these days and that’s because MBA is a versatile degree which opens up a world of opportunities for you.
- MBA will give you the scope to improve your management skills, making you eligible for various managerial positions in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- It will be a positive addition to your skill sets and widen your horizons.
- If you wish to establish a business of yourself in the pharmaceutical industry then MBA might become the stepping stone for this endeavour.
MBA Specialisation After B Pharmacy
After completing your undergraduate degree in B Pharmacy, if you wish to pursue an MBA then it’s always recommended to do it in a field related to pharmacy. That way it will contribute towards what you have already studied during your undergraduate years. Given below is a list of MBA Specialisations which will go well with your degree in B. Pharmacy:
- MBA in Pharma Tech
- MBA in Drug Store Management
- MBA in Pharma Marketing
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Pharma and Sales Management
- MBA in Pharma Business Management
- MBA in Sustainable Development
Must Read: Deferred MBA Programs
In today’s world, Pharmaceutical Management has become one of the most rewarding MBA specialisations. This particular MBA helps the students to develop the skills required to work in the management or administrative section of the Pharmaceutical industry. It will be a nice addition to your degree in B Pharmacy as you will be trained in various fields like enterprise management, advanced Business concept, general management, etc.
Marketing is the crux of any industry and therefore marketing specialists are required in any field. So, if you do an MBA with specialization in pharma marketing, you will acquire the skills required for the marketing of drugs and medical devices. By doing this particular MBA after B Pharmacy will equip you with marketing skills which will make you a top pick for many public and private pharmaceutical organisations.
Both B Pharmacy and healthcare management are closely connected to the healthcare sector. Where B Pharmacy trains you in the medical aspect of it, healthcare management gives you the skills to manage and administer both private and public healthcare systems. So, if you do an MBA with a specialisation in healthcare management after B Pharmacy you will become quite resourceful as you will be trained to handle both the aspects of the healthcare system.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA after B Pharmacy
The eligibility criteria for doing an MBA varies from college to college. But the general requirements that a candidate needs to fulfil in order to do an MBA after B Pharmacy are given below:
- The candidate must have scored at least aggregate 50% in their B Pharmacy course
- The candidate must have acquired their B Pharmacy degree from a college recognised by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- As most MBA courses ask for some work experience, the candidates must fulfill the professional qualifications of the college/University where they wish to apply.
- The candidate must have cleared the required MBA entrance examinations. Most colleges accept GMAT and CAT scores.
If you are planning to pursue an MBA after B Pharmacy then given below is a list of top colleges which offer excellent programs for MBA after B Phramacy:
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai||University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Mitcon Institute of Management, Pune||The University of Texas, Austin, Texas|
|Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi||Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg, Denmark|
|Faculty of management studies, Delhi||Harvard business school, Boston, Massachusetts|
|Apex University, Jaipur||Schulich School of Business, Toronto, Canada|
|Vishwa Vishwani Institute of Systems and Management, Hyderabad||University of Alberta School of Business, Edmonton, Canada|
|ITM Business School, Mumbai||Alberta School of Business, Edmonton, Canada|
Job Opportunities for MBA after B Pharmacy
After pursuing an MBA after B Pharmacy, the candidate could apply for a wide number of professional positions in the pharmaceutical industries and other related industries. Given below is a list of the top positions which awaits you after the completion of your MBA:
|Job position||Average starting salary (per annum)|
|Business Development Officer||6,00,000|
|Market Research analyst||3,41,579|
|Drugs Distribution Manager||7,69,505|
|Pharmaceutical Purchase Manager||8,42,692|
|Medical representative (Marketing)||2,96,000|
|Production and Quality Control Manager||7,80,236|
If you wish to enter a business-related field in the pharmaceutical industry then this might be the right choice for you. So, this was all that you needed to know before deciding if you wish to pursue an MBA after B Pharmacy. But in case you have any other query related to this course, contact our Leverage Edu experts who are always there to help you out. So, sign up for a free session now.