B Pharmacy has gained a lot of attention in recent times primarily because of opportunities that B Pharmacy graduates get. But still a dilemma that students face is whether to continue with their academic pursuits or start their professional career after graduation. Now if you are one of those who wish to keep studying and acquire a masters degree then doing an MBA after B Pharmacy could be a beneficial addition to your qualifications. Let’s discover what MBA after B Pharmacy has to offer!
This Blog Includes:
- Benefits of MBA After B Pharmacy
- MBA Specialisation After B Pharmacy
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA after B Pharmacy
- Top Universities
- Top MBA College in India
- Job Opportunities for MBA after B Pharmacy
- Entrance Exams for MBA after BPharmacy
- Integrated Course
- Subjects in MBA after BPharmacy
- Top Recruiters for MBA after BPharmacy
- Scope in India and Abroad
Benefits of MBA After B Pharmacy
There are plenty of reasons which make doing an MBA after B Pharmacy an apt academic choice.
- The most obvious one is the fact that MBA is one of the most sought after courses these days and that’s because MBA is a versatile degree which opens up a world of opportunities for you.
- MBA will give you the scope to improve your management skills, making you eligible for various managerial positions in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- It will be a positive addition to your skill sets and widen your horizons.
- If you wish to establish a business of yourself in the pharmaceutical industry then MBA might become the stepping stone for this endeavour.
MBA Specialisation After B Pharmacy
After completing your undergraduate degree in B Pharmacy, if you wish to pursue an MBA then it’s always recommended to do it in a field related to pharmacy. That way it will contribute towards what you have already studied during your undergraduate years. Given below is a list of MBA Specialisations which will go well with your degree in B. Pharmacy:
- MBA in Pharma Tech
- MBA in Drug Store Management
- MBA in Pharma Marketing
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Pharma and Sales Management
- MBA in Pharma Business Management
- MBA in Sustainable Development
Must Read: Deferred MBA Programs
In today’s world, Pharmaceutical Management has become one of the most rewarding MBA specialisations. This particular MBA helps the students to develop the skills required to work in the management or administrative section of the Pharmaceutical industry. It will be a nice addition to your degree in B Pharmacy as you will be trained in various fields like enterprise management, advanced Business concept, general management, etc.
Marketing is the crux of any industry and therefore marketing specialists are required in any field. So, if you do an MBA with specialization in pharma marketing, you will acquire the skills required for the marketing of drugs and medical devices. By doing this particular MBA after B Pharmacy will equip you with marketing skills which will make you a top pick for many public and private pharmaceutical organisations.
Both B Pharmacy and healthcare management are closely connected to the healthcare sector. Where B Pharmacy trains you in the medical aspect of it, healthcare management gives you the skills to manage and administer both private and public healthcare systems. So, if you do an MBA with a specialisation in healthcare management after B Pharmacy you will become quite resourceful as you will be trained to handle both the aspects of the healthcare system.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA after B Pharmacy
The eligibility criteria for doing an MBA varies from college to college. But the general requirements that a candidate needs to fulfil in order to do an MBA after B Pharmacy are given below:
- The candidate must have scored at least aggregate 50% in their B Pharmacy course
- The candidate must have acquired their B Pharmacy degree from a college recognised by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- As most MBA courses ask for some work experience, the candidates must fulfill the professional qualifications of the college/University where they wish to apply.
- The candidate must have cleared the required MBA entrance examinations. Most colleges accept GMAT and CAT scores.
If you are planning to pursue an MBA after B Pharmacy then given below is a list of top colleges which offer excellent programs for MBA after B Phramacy:
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Mumbai||University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Mitcon Institute of Management, Pune||The University of Texas, Austin, Texas|
|Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi||Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg, Denmark|
|Faculty of management studies, Delhi||Harvard business school, Boston, Massachusetts|
|Apex University, Jaipur||Schulich School of Business, Toronto, Canada|
|Vishwa Vishwani Institute of Systems and Management, Hyderabad||University of Alberta School of Business, Edmonton, Canada|
|ITM Business School, Mumbai||Alberta School of Business, Edmonton, Canada|
|MBA Colleges in India||Location|
|IIMs||Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore, Lucknow, Kozhikode, etc|
|Indian School of Business||Mohali and Hyderabad|
|XLRI Xavier School of Management||Jamshedpur|
|IITs||Kharagpur, Delhi, Bombay, etc.|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research||Mumbai|
|Faculty of Management Studies||Delhi|
|SVKM`s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||Delhi|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai|
Job Opportunities for MBA after B Pharmacy
After pursuing an MBA after B Pharmacy, the candidate could apply for a wide number of professional positions in the pharmaceutical industries and other related industries. Given below is a list of the top positions which awaits you after the completion of your MBA:
|Job position||Average starting salary (per annum)|
|Business Development Officer||6,00,000|
|Market Research analyst||3,41,579|
|Drugs Distribution Manager||7,69,505|
|Pharmaceutical Purchase Manager||8,42,692|
|Medical representative (Marketing)||2,96,000|
|Production and Quality Control Manager||7,80,236|
Entrance Exams for MBA after BPharmacy
The first step towards your dream university is through the entrance exams. There is no common entrance exam and you have to appear for multiple entrance exams based on the university you wish to apply to. For pursuing an MBA after BPharmacy from abroad students have to appear for GMAT/GRE. Other popular entrance exams are :
Courses that have been grabbing attention are integrated courses, while there are many universities offering integrated law courses. These aren’t restricted to just law now, students can pursue integrated BBA+LLB, Integrated BSc, and also the BPharmacy +MBA. The duration of the course is 5 years. Top colleges offering integrated BPharmacy +MBA are:
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- NMIMS School of Pharmacy, Shirpur
- Integral University, Lucknow
- RIMT University , Gobindgarh
- Assam Down Town University, Guwahati
Subjects in MBA after BPharmacy
The course curriculum and modules depend upon the university. Every university has different subjects. Here are some of the common subjects in MBA after BPharmacy:
- Communication Theories
- Pharmaceutical Disaster Management
- Basic Pharmacology I & II
- Marketing & Finance
- Legal Aspects of Pharma Business
- Business Accounting
- Research Management
Top Recruiters for MBA after BPharmacy
Pursuing an MBA opens up various doors of opportunities. You are able to work in more fields than before, it develops your overall personality and skills required in an organization. You can work as a sales manager, marketing manager, pharmaceuticals purchase manager, etc. Here are the top recruiters hiring students of MBA after BPharmacy:
- Alkem Lab
- Piramal Enterprises
- Sun Pharma
- Torrent Pharma
- Abbott India
- Dabur India
- Cadila Health
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
Scope in India and Abroad
Which field of professionals is in global demand? The graduates from MBA after BPharmacy are in demand at the international level. In the future, the need for pharmaceuticals experts will increase by twice the number. You don’t have to worry about the job scope in India and abroad because there are plenty of job opportunities if the students have the potential and required skills. Pursuing an MBA after BPharmacy not only advances your theoretical knowledge but also helps you acquire the necessary skills that can help an organization grow. A graduate from MBA after BPharmacy has earned from 6 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs in the initial stage. There is no denying this field has the potential to grow more in the coming years.
Here are best options for students looking for MBA after B Pharmacy:
1. MBA in Pharmaceutical Management or MBA Pharma
2. MBA in Pharma Business Management
3. MBA in General Management or MBA
4. PGDM in Pharmaceutical Management
Yes, you can do MBA after any degree. However, you need to sit for some entrance exams, create a good profile and gain some work experience to do MBA from reputed universities.
A Pharmacist with MBA degree can rise to higher management in pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and other medical organizations.
If you wish to enter a business-related field in the pharmaceutical industry then this might be the right choice for you. So, this was all that you needed to know before deciding if you wish to pursue an MBA after B Pharmacy. But in case you have any other query related to this course, contact our Leverage Edu experts who are always there to help you out. So, sign up for a free session now.