NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is one of the popular, national-level, MBA entrance exams which can be your pathway to pursue the Management courses from top universities in India. Conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), NMAT score can help you pursue MBA or PGDM courses from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies [NMIMS] as well as some other affiliated top B-schools. Just like the GMAT exam, the management course aspirants can attempt this entry-level examination 3 times in a period of 75 days. If you want to get enrolled in reputed institutions like SKVM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Xavier’s University, SDA Bocconi Asia Center and many others, then here is a blog that will highlight the intricacies of the NMAT exam 2021 in a comprehensive way!
|Name||NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Body||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Medium of the Test||English|
|Mode of the Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||108|
|Application Fee||INR 2,000/-|
|Number of Test Cities||46|
This Blog Includes:
NMAT 2021 Important Dates (Tentative)
GMAC is scheduled to release the NMAT 2021 schedule in August. The new exam schedule will be announced as soon as possible by the exam conducting body.
|NMAT 2021 registrations (Main)||1st week of August 2021- 3rd week of November 2021|
|NMAT late registration 2021||3rd week of November 2021- 4th week of November 2021|
|NMAT scheduling||3rd week of September 2021- 1st week of January 2022|
|NMAT 2021 Re-scheduling||3rd week of September 2021- 3rd week of January 2022|
|NMAT 2021 Exam||1st week of November 2021- 4th week of January 2022|
|Retake scheduling||1st week of November 2021- 3rd week of January 2022|
|NMAT 2021 result announcement||Within two weeks of taking the test|
The first and foremost step in any exam is to timely register without conducting any mistakes. If you are planning to appear for the NMAT exam 2021, here is a step by step guide on how to register for the exam hassle-free:
- Visit the official website and fill in all the required details like Name, Date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, etc.
- Select the schools of your preference where you wish to send you scores.
- Upload your latest photograph and a valid photo ID proof.
- Make the payment through a suitable mode.
- Schedule the test date, time slot and exam center [subject to availability of seats].
- The flexibility to choose the slots for both registration and scheduling is provided on the first come first serve basis.
- Once the payment is successful you will be able to download the admit card.
Note: Candidates are allowed to choose only 5 programmes per application form. If the applicants wish to select more courses, a fee of Rs. 200 along with taxes will be applicable (per course).
NMAT Fee 2021
- NMAT 2021 registration fee (early) Rs. 2000/-
- NMAT 2021 registration fee (late) Rs 2500/-
NMAT Eligibility Criteria
To get onto the path which leads to your dream career, you must possess some essential requisites. Before starting the application process for any of the competitive exams, you must make sure that you fulfill all the requisites set by the official authorities. Following are important eligibility conditions for NMAT:
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in their undergraduate degree.
- There is no set age limit to appear for the exam.
- The candidates appearing for the final year examination in their undergraduate course can also apply. However, it would be a tentative admission which can be cancelled if the student fails or is unable to provide the required documents at the time of admission.
Analyzing and staying abreast of the exam pattern can help you score well in the exam. The NMAT authorities provide a platform for the students who couldn’t score well in their first attempt to re-appear for the exam. The test aims to examine the knowledge pertaining to the general concepts which will help the enrolled students gain a better hold of the management subjects. There are three sections having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which candidates have to solve in 120 minutes. For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. However, there is no negative marking in the exam. Tabulated below is the exam pattern in detail:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Allotted Time [in minutes]|
To crack a competitive exam, it is vital to prepare each and every section thoroughly. You can either target separate sections based on your strengths and weaknesses or can practice questions of all the sections together. Formulating a plan of action and working accordingly is thus a necessity as it can be your success mantra for getting a perfect score in the examination! To make things more clear, the major inclusions in the NMAT syllabus has been given a rundown below:
- Installment Payments
- Ratio and Proportion Problems
- Work and Time
- Arithmetic Mean
- Assertion and Reasons
- Coding and Decoding
- Matrix Arrangement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Critical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Contextual Usage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Completion
Colleges Accepting NMAT Score
There are many reputed institutes nationwide that accept the NMAT score. Such business schools grant admissions to shortlisted candidates in their high-end MBA/PGDM/their equivalents. While filling the application form, applicants can choose the colleges to which they want to send their scores.
It is thus advised to select the university wisely as it can give the right direction to your career and provide you with opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Here are some of the top MBA colleges in India which you can consider applying to through this exam:
- VIT University
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Athena School of Management
- Alliance University
- IILM University, Gurugram
- School of Management, BML Munjal University
- ICFAI Business School (IBS)
- SRM University
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- T.A: Pai Management Institute
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- School of Inspired Leadership
- Ansal University
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- Universal Business School
- ISBR Business School
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- Bombay Stock Exchange Institute (BSE Ltd.)
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- Bennett University, Delhi
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- GITAM, Hyderabad Business School
- CMS Business School, Jain university
- LM Thapar School of Management
- ITM Business School, Mumbai
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center
NMAT 2021 Prepared Ideas
These are the NMAT 2021 Preparation Tips to help you secure successful scores in the entrance exam-
- Make a brief note and revise it frequently.
- Taking the best sleep schedule and the Nutritious Food plan.
- Create the correct time table and observe it consistently.
- Study your words in English.
- Solve reference papers and query papers for the previous year.
Often, financial constraints become the biggest hurdle in the route to acquire quality education. Students with exceptional academic achievements refrain or deviate from their path of pursuing an MBA due to high costs. In such cases, scholarships turn out to be the knight in the shining armor! If you want to pursue a management course but lack the fundings, here are some of the scholarships along with the NMAT score you need to achieve:
|Institute||Required Score||Scholarship Amount|
|Alliance School of Business||210+ score||50% tuition fee|
|Bennett University||220+ score||100% tuition fee for the first year only|
|Athena School of Management||185+ score||Up to 25% tuition fee|
|BML Munjal University||95 and above NMAT percentile||100% tuition fee + hostel charges|
|IILM University||195+ Score||40% tuition fee|
|O.P. Jindal University||201+ Score||INR 1,20,000|
|ISBR Business School||200+ Score||100% tuition fee for the first year|
The NMAT by GMAC exam is required for MBA admission to NMIMS Mumbai and its other campuses, as well as 30 other MBA colleges throughout India. The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Management Aptitude Test is abbreviated as NMAT.
NMAT scores are only valid for two years.
A scaled score of 222-238 was equivalent to 99 percentile, a scaled score of 217/216 was equivalent to 97 percentile, and a scaled score of 210/211 was equivalent to 94 percentile, according to NMAT 2017 data.
It is best known for its MBA/PGDM program, which was recently ranked 4 in Outlook 2020 for Private MBA and 24 in NIRF 2020 for Private MBA. This deemed-to-be private university is also well-regarded for its BTech, BBA, and Pharmacy programs. The MHRD has classified it as a Category 1 university.
90% – This is the score that gets you calls from colleges like NMIMS Bangalore and NMIMS Hyderabad, as well as XIMB. For this percentile, you must achieve a score of at least 200.
Thus, we hope that this blog on the NMAT exam has provided you with the knowldege pertaining to the key aspects of the exam. Needless to say, with a wide range of MBA specializations available, choosing a course that aligns with your professional goals can be a daunting task. So, if you are confused about which MBA specialisation to pursue then contact our experts at Leverage Edu who through a psychometric test will recommend the most suited program for you!