Have you recently completed your CA course? Are you looking out for options that can help you level up your position in the corporate world? If yes, then, seeking an MBA after CA will work wonders for you. Pursuing an MBA after CA will give the start to your career in the direction of your choice. Are you clueless about how you can get into an MBA program after completing Chartered Accountancy? If yes, then you have just landed on the right page. In this blog, we will explore the opportunities available after pursuing MBA after CA.
Also Read: How to Become a Cost Accountant?
Why Pursue MBA after CA?
The idea of pursuing an MBA after CA might not be common in society. But the benefits it upholds are exceptional because both degrees add up together as a brilliant combination. Let us now take a look at a few points that elucidate the benefits of pursuing an MBA after CA-
- In today’s industrial and business sector, there is a huge requirement for like-minded rational humans who comes with leadership qualities.
- The ability to manage and run a big organisation is rare, and an MBA after CA can help integrate that quality in the candidate.
- Rather than focusing on a single real-life skill, a well-structured MBA program can upskill a candidate with practical skills in all areas of general management.
- Pursuing an MBA course also helps students gain an immense number of contacts with their communication skills which is very important in the business world.
- An MBA course helps students to gain significant knowledge in multiple fields ranging from sales and marketing to information technology.
- Due to the rising demand for skilled professionals with leadership qualities, there have been a plethora of job opportunities for MBA graduates.
- With one of the highest paying salaries in the commercial sectors, MBA graduates have a lucrative income in countries such as Switzerland, USA, Canada, UK, France, Singapore, Australia, Japan, and Germany which are home to multiple MNCs.
- Other than these developed first-world counties, increasingly developed economies such as China, Chile, and Mexico are also providing a plethora of opportunities to MBA graduates.
- These in-demand opportunities allow aspiring MBA students a lot of choices to choose from after they graduate.
Aids Transition across Functions
- If you look at the professional history of successful CEOs, a large number of them have risen to that position after a diverse set of experience and roles, rather than sticking to just one.
- Although your CA degree can make you an expert in dealing with the financial side of your business, will you be confident enough to make a successful sales pitch? This is where the integration of MBA and CA comes in.
- By pursuing an MBA you can do justice to your monetary skills such as financial accounting, auditing, taxation, and regulatory environment by integrating them with an organized team of designing, tech enthusiasts and experts, while leading them altogether.
- This combination of MBA and CA might even enable you to start a start-up of your own where you can lead a structured team with your financial and business knowledge.
Leveraging the Synergy between MBA and CA
- Having a financial background from your previous academic course and pursuing your MBA will already give you an upper hand as Finance is one of the basic fundamentalism of business.
- Although CA has a curriculum which is mostly limited to finance, an MBA course inclines more towards the practical work of group discussion, case studies, analysis and presentations, term papers, projects, and collaborative learning.
- Due to this kind of structured syllabus, MBA upskills candidates with analytical and communication skills while teaching them how to leverage financial knowledge with the enterprise’s overall success.
- As MBA is more of a practical based program, the research projects that a student goes through while pursuing this course, make them significantly more aware of the mentorship of academic and industry leaders.
- The candidates usually end up making professional partnerships and contacts that can be beneficial to them for the rest of their future.
Must Read: MBA Abroad for Indian Students
MBA After CA: Which Specialization to Choose?
Before one gets directed towards the path of pursuing an MBA after CA, it is important to analyse which stream one shall opt for. Getting started in the right MBA field is important because it will assist you in aligning with your career goals as soon as you complete the program. To help you decide among three popular options, listed below are prominent MBA specialisations-
- General Management
- Corporate Finance
- Product Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Popular MBA Courses
Now that we are very well versed in the benefits of pursuing an MBA after CA, let us quickly go through the programs that are popular amongst the youth. They are tabulated below for your reference.
|MBA Courses||Job Profiles|
|MBA in General Management||-Risk Management Manager
-Business Development Manager
|MBA in Consulting||-Business Consultant
|MBA in Entrepreneurship||-Senior Product Manager
|MBA in Finance||-Accounting Manager
|MBA in Marketing||-Market Research Director
|MBA in Human Resource Management||-Human Resource Manager
-Employee Relations Manager
|MBA in Operations Management||-Operations Manager
-Supply Chain Analyst
|MBA in Management Information Systems||-Business Intelligence Analyst
-Information System Manager
|MBA in Global Management||-National Sales Manager
|MBA in Technology Management||-Information Technology Consultant
-Product Development Manager
Explore: How to do MBA from Abroad?
MBA after CA Eligibility
Once you have found the best course fit for you, the next step would be to check out its eligibility criteria. There are certain requirements needed to qualify the eligibility criteria for MBA after CA. Given below are the details about the eligibility criteria for pursuing an MBA after CA-
- An undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- A good score in competitive exams like GMAT or GRE
- Minimum required score in English language proficiency exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Work experience of between 2-5 years
- Well drafted Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Purpose and Resume/ CV
Must Read: MBA Scholarships in India & Abroad
Many universities are offering an MBA course, however, deciding where to apply and choosing the best can be a long, tiring process. To help you get started with your MBA after CA, listed below are the popular business schools as per QS global MBA rankings 2023-
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- Penn (Wharton School of Business)
- HEC Paris
- London School of Business
- MIT (Sloan)
- IE Business School
- Columbia Business School
- IESE Business School
Explore: Is Second MBA Abroad a Good Option?
Chartered Accountants can pursue MBA in Finance, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Product Management, Logistics Management, or General Management.
Yes. It is possible to pursue MBA along with a CA Articleship.
People pursuing MBA after CA are employed as Executive Assistants, Regional Sales Managers, Financial Analysts, or Marketing Managers.
Thus, we hope that through this blog, you are now all clear about pursuing an MBA after CA. To get your application process started for your dream university, get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu and they will guide you in the same. Hurry Up! Book your free e-meeting with us today!