Have you recently completed your CA course? Are you looking out for options that can help you level up your position in the corporate world? If yes, then, seeking an MBA after CA will work wonders for you. Pursuing an MBA after CA will give the start to your career in the direction of your choice. Are you clueless about how you can get into an MBA program after completing Chartered Accountancy? If yes, then you have just landed on the right page. In this blog, we will explore the opportunities in MBA after CA.
Also Read: How to Become a Cost Accountant?
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue MBA after CA?
The idea of pursuing an MBA after CA might not be common in society. But the benefits it upholds are exceptional because both the degrees add up together as a brilliant combination. Let us now take a look at a few points that elucidate the benefits of pursuing MBA after CA-
- Strengthens Knowledge: By pursuing MBA degree after completing the CA course you will be familiar with the whereabouts of the internal functioning of an organisation. As the MBA degree takes one through different perspectives of a business, you will be able to gauge solutions for a variety of challenges instead of just data.
- Enhances Network: Learning through global business schools is no less than a lifetime experience. You will get a chance to interact with high-end faculty on a daily basis. By being surrounded with the brilliant minds you will be able to foster better professional relations.
- Better Career Opportunities: By pursuing an MBA after CA you will expand your horizons by getting the best jobs in the market. Your domain will not just be limited to accountancy but you can also enter related fields such as finance, general management or in your chosen specialisation.
- Personal Growth: Another advantage of completing an MBA degree would be the grade up in your personality. MBA programs are a popular option to hone your skills. These courses not only help you learn the whereabouts of business but also equip students with qualities like team building, decision making, communication skills, etc.
Must Read: MBA Abroad for Indian Students
MBA After CA: Which Specialization to Choose?
Before one gets directed towards the path of pursuing MBA after CA, it is important to analyse which stream one shall opt for. Getting started in the right MBA field is important because it will assist you in aligning with your career goals as soon as you complete the program. To help you decide among three popular options, listed below are are prominent MBA specialisations-
- General Management
- Corporate Finance
- Product Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Popular MBA Courses
Now that we are very well versed with the benefits of pursuing an MBA after CA, let us quickly go through the programs that are popular amongst the youth. They are tabulated below for your reference.
|MBA Courses||Job Profiles|
|MBA in General Management||-Risk Management Manager
-Business Development Manager
|MBA in Consulting||-Business Consultant
|MBA in Entrepreneurship||-Senior Product Manager
|MBA in Finance||-Accounting Manager
|MBA in Marketing||-Market Research Director
|MBA in Human Resource Management||-Human Resource Manager
-Employee Relations Manager
|MBA in Operations Management||-Operations Manager
-Supply Chain Analyst
|MBA in Management Information Systems||-Business Intelligence Analyst
-Information System Manager
|MBA in Global Management||-National Sales Manager
|MBA in Technology Management||-Information Technology Consultant
-Product Development Manager
Explore: How to do MBA from Abroad?
MBA after CA Eligibility
Once you have found the best course fit for you, the next step would be to check out for its eligibility criteria. There are certain requirements needed to qualify the eligibility criteria for MBA after CA. Given below are the details pertaining to the eligibility criteria of pursuing MBA after CA-
- An undergraduate degree or it’s equivalent from a recognised institution
- A good score in competitive exams like GMAT or GRE
- Minimum required score in English language proficiency exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Work experience of between 2-5 years
- Well drafted Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Purpose and Resume/ CV
Must Read: MBA Scholarships in India & Abroad
There are many universities offering an MBA course, however, to decide where to apply and choose the best can be a long, tiring process. To help you get started with your MBA after CA, listed below are the popular business schools as per QS global MBA rankings 2021-
- Wharton School of Business
- Stanford Business School
- MIT Sloan
- Harvard Business School
- London Business School
- HEC Paris
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Haas School of Business
- The Kellogg School of Management
Explore: Is Second MBA Abroad a Good Option?
Thus, we hope that through this blog, you are now all clear about pursuing an MBA after CA. To get your application process started for your dream university, get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu and they will guide you in the same. Hurry Up! Book your free e-meeting with us today!