Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship is offered to those students who wish to pursue a doctorate or bachelor’s degree from the St John’s College, University of Cambridge. This scholarship was started in memory of Dr. Manmohan Singh, former Indian prime minister who was an alumnus of St John’s College. The objective behind this Scholarship is to provide financial aid to those bright Indian students who qualify for acquiring an education from the University of Cambridge but couldn’t do so because of financial constraints.
This Blog Includes:
|Scholarship Name||Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship|
|Awarded by||St. John’s College, University of Cambridge|
|Eligibility Study Level||Undergraduate, Doctorate|
|Last Date to Apply||15 January 2020|
|Date of Interview||April 2020 – June 2020|
|Selection Results||30 June 2020|
There are two separate Scholarship categories under the Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship. One is awarded to Doctorate students and the other to those who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at Cambridge.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships for Doctoral Studies
This Scholarship is particularly offered to those students who wish to pursue a doctorate degree (PhD) from St John’s College, University of Cambridge.
The candidate must fulfil the following requirements to be eligible for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships for Doctoral Studies.
- The candidate must be applying for a PhD degree from St John’s college is any of the following subjects –
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences
- Aerospace Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Energy Studies
- Must be an Indian national and have a valid passport.
- The age should not be more than 35 years while applying for the scholarship.
- The candidate must have acquired a master’s degree from any reputed institution with first class.
- Must have good written and communication skills in English.
- Must have a commendable academic record.
There is no specific amount which will be offered to the candidates who will qualify for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships for Doctoral Studies but the amount would be enough to cover the following costs.
- Academic fees
- International Airfare
- UK visa charges
- Apart from this, the student will be given a monthly stipend to cover the living expenses.
Check Out: Rhodes Scholarship
Dr. Manmohan Singh Undergraduate Scholarships
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship for undergraduate studies is offered to those students who wish to pursue an undergraduate course from the University of Cambridge.
The candidate must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships for undergraduate Studies.
- Must have completed high school from India.
- Must give proof of financial incapacity to fund their studies.
- Must be an Indian national.
In this Scholarship also, there is no specific amount which will be offered to the eligible candidates. Depending on the student’s financial needs, the Scholarship fund will cover the college and tuition fees.
How to Apply to Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship?
Here is a step by step instructions on how to apply for Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship
- To apply for this scholarship, the candidate must first complete the Admission procedure for the Doctorate or undergraduate programme that they want to enrol themselves into.
- Once the admission is confirmed, the candidate can log in to the official website of St John’s college and apply for the scholarship.
- After your application is approved, the candidate will receive a confirmation regarding the same via email.
This is all that you needed to know about Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship. Aspiring to study at the University of Cambridge? Let our Leverage Edu experts guide you through the admission process of your chosen program to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted! Register for a free session with us now!