In today’s world, the opportunities available in the medical field are immense. Starting from doctors to nurses, to lab technicians, there are various fields in which you can make a career for yourself. One such field is Health and Allied Sciences. It is a sub-discipline of Medical Science that deals with inculcating some specific skills related to the Medicinal world in students. BSc Allied Science is one of the most popular courses related to this field. So, in this blog, we will cover the best Health and Allied Sciences colleges in India to give you an idea about how to establish your career in this field.
Must Read: MBBS in India
This Blog Includes:
- List of Best Health and Allied Sciences Colleges in India
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences
- Indian Institute of Allied Health Sciences
- Christian Institute of Allied Health Sciences
- MIMS College of Allied Health Sciences
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Sri Ramachandra College of Allied Health Sciences, Chennai
- I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Medical Courses Offered in India
- Eligibility Criteria for Health and Allied Sciences Colleges In India
- Jobs and Salary
Let us first quickly go through the top health and allied sciences colleges in India. Let us take a glance at the table below:
|Name of College||Location|
|Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences||Tamil Nadu|
|Indian Institute of Allied Health Sciences||Telangana|
|I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Sciences||Uttar Pradesh|
|Christian Institute of Allied Health Sciences||Karnataka|
|Coimbatore Institute of Allied Health Sciences||Tamil Nadu|
|Amity Institute of Psychology and Allied Sciences||Uttar Pradesh|
|MIMS College of Allied Health Sciences||Kerala|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research||Delhi|
|Christian Medical College||Tamil Nadu|
|Noida International University||Noida|
|Sri Ramachandra College of Allied Health Sciences Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
Relevant Read: Top 10 Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
List of Best Health and Allied Sciences Colleges in India
Here is the list of the best health and allied sciences colleges in India. Check them out!
Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences
Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences has emerged as one of the best health and allied sciences colleges in India. Here you can find for yourself a number of diplomas, Undergraduate and Graduate courses in fields like BSc Radiology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Physician Assistant, Anaesthesia Technology and other such allied medical fields. The Apollo group is an organisation which is quite acclaimed and therefore the students will get a lot of exposure in terms of internship opportunities and placements. Also, their laboratories ensure that students get all the exposure required to excel in all these fields.
Indian Institute of Allied Health Sciences
The Indian Institute of Allied Health Sciences is another top health and allied sciences college in India. The Institute is dedicated to helping students in establishing themselves as an active agent in this fast-paced technologically advanced world. The institute is known across the country for the various courses that it offers including that Radio Imaging Technology, Biotechnology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Record Technology, Drug Regulatory Affairs, etc. The institute provides a diverse number of courses from which you can easily find one suiting your preferences.
Must Read: Courses after BSc Chemistry
Christian Institute of Allied Health Sciences
Owing to the research and practical opportunities that the Christian Institute of Allied Health Sciences offers, it has become one of the top colleges for health and allied sciences colleges in India. The training opportunities that the Institute provides make it a top pick among all medical aspirants. Here, you can find a lot of courses in the field of health and allied sciences including Optometry and Ophthalmic Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Anaesthesia Technology (DAT), a Diploma in Medical Records Technology (DMRT) and a Diploma in Radio Diagnosis Technology (DRT).
MIMS College of Allied Health Sciences
Another one of the top health and allied sciences colleges in India is MIMS College of Allied Health Sciences. With a vision of establishing a holistic healthcare system in India, the college aims at training its students in all the allied medical fields. The experienced professors of this college ensure that the students get to learn from the best. The course offered by MIMS College is BSc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT), BSc Cardiovascular Technology (CVT), BSc Perfusion Technology (PT), MSC MLT Microbiology and MSC MLT Pathology.
Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research located in Delhi is known for its Medical services and the education that it provides to young medical aspirants. It aims at improving the overall healthcare scenario of India and is therefore considered one of the best health and allied sciences colleges in India. The Institute offers a number of undergraduate and graduate-level courses related to various aspects of health and allied sciences like Radio-Diagnosis, Anesthesia, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc. All these programmes allow you to first inculcate theoretical knowledge and then engage in them practically.
Sri Ramachandra College of Allied Health Sciences, Chennai
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher education and Research’s Faculty of Allied Health Sciences aims at providing medical aspirants with the skills to excel in this world where medicine has taken a technological turn. The allied health science department is dedicated to teaching students how to manage various equipment which is an indispensable part of the medical world today. And all this together makes this college one of the best health and allied sciences colleges in India. The courses offered by the college are various BSc. Hons. programmes in Orthopaedics Technology, Paediatric Surgical Technology, Radiology & Imaging Science Technology, Renal Dialysis Technology, Respiratory Care Technology, Urology Technology, etc.
I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Sciences is another institution which has shown its excellence and has become one of the best health and allied sciences colleges in India. The Institute offers Bachelor’s and master’s level courses in Physiotherapy and Biotechnology. The Institute aims at generating complete knowledge among students in these fields by providing them with exposure to theoretical knowledge but also practical know-how along with research opportunities. The courses offered by the institute will cover all aspects of the field and are therefore preferred by students across India.
Also Read: BSc Cardiac Technology: Courses, Careers & More
Medical Courses Offered in India
One needs a degree in medical specialisation to pursue a career in medicine and health science. Numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, diploma, and certificate programmes in the field of medical and health sciences are offered by medical colleges in India. The following list includes some of the medical courses:
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BASLP – Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- BOptom – Optometry
- BSc – Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc – Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc- Nursing
- BOT – Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- BPharm – Pharmacy
- BPT – Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BSc – Renal Dialysis Technology
- PBBSc – Nursing
- MD – Respiratory Medicine, Radio Diagnosis, Anaesthesiology, Paediatrics, etc.
- MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, etc.
- MDS – Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, etc.
- MSc – Medical Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Medical Physiology, etc.
- MPH – Health Management, Bio-Statistics
- MOT – Hand Rehabilitation, Neurosciences, Mental Health, etc.
- MPharm – Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, etc.
Relevant Read: Top M Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Medical Record Science
- Certificate Course in Ophthalmic Technology
- Certificate Course in Blood Bank Technology
- Certificate Course in Health Inspector
- Certificate Course in Medical Office Management (CcMOM)
Relevant Read: Dental Courses in India
Eligibility Criteria for Health and Allied Sciences Colleges In India
The general eligibility criteria for Health and Allied Sciences Colleges in India are given below. Have a look!
- Candidates must have completed Physics, Chemistry, and Zoology or Botany as part of their Class 12 science requirements.
- Candidates must have taken English as their qualifying exam’s main subject.
- Additionally, applicants must meet the age requirement, which is that they must be 17 or older at the time of admission.
- There are additional requirements for eligibility, such as those listed by the regulatory bodies for the respective discipline, such as the Indian Association of Physiotherapists, Indian Nursing Council, Pharmacy Council of India, and Medical Council of India (MCI), as well as the respective association or council for other medical and health science courses.
Jobs and Salary
Hospitals, medical research facilities, and pharmaceutical companies are the top employers of graduates in the medical and health sciences fields. After receiving a practising licence from the medical association, a person with a degree in the medical and health sciences can also work out of their own clinic. The average pay for medical professionals in various job profiles is shown below:
|Job Profiles||Average Salary (in Rs)|
|Registered Nurse||2.90 L and above|
|Medical Researcher||7.20 L and above|
|Medical Science Liaison||7 L and above|
|General Surgeon||5 L and above|
|Physiotherapist||3 L and above|
|Anesthesiologist||12 L and above|
|Healthcare Consultant||12.20 L and above|
|Medical Officer||5.80 L and above|
|Medical Laboratory Technician||2 L and above|
|Environmental Health and Safety Manager||9 L and above|
|Healthcare Manager||6 L and above|
Relevant Read: Courses after MBBS You Must Consider
These are the top 5 best allied health courses in India:
B.sc in microbiology.
Bachelor of optometry.
B.sc nutrition and dietetics.
B.sc radio imaging technology.
B.sc neuro physiology technology
The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the UK includes RGUHS. The largest university in India for health sciences is there.
The average annual salary in Allied Health Sciences is INR 3.4 lakhs.
These are some of the best Health and Allied Sciences Colleges in India. So, if you are planning to enter this field then these colleges could be your top picks. And if you have any queries regarding these colleges or their respective admission requirements, you can contact us at Leverage Edu. Our experts are always there to help you out.