The United Kingdom is a country that is home to some of the best educational institutions in the world. These institutions are not just the best in terms of their educational systems, they provide students with all the skills needed to succeed in their respective fields. International students who wish to make it big in their careers want to learn from the very best and the UK provides access to just that- the best in every field. Coventry University is one such university that is able to impart a deeper knowledge to its students. The exposure each student is given access to helps them learn skills that are unconventional as well. Employment opportunities for students graduating from Coventry are immense. Let’s explore more about Coventry University admissions, acceptance rate, the application process in the blog curated for you!
|Intakes||January May & September|
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Fellowships|
This Blog Includes:
- Coventry University
- Coventry University Rankings
- Top Courses for Admissions at Coventry University
- Coventry University Admissions Deadline 2022
- Coventry University Acceptance Rate
- Entry Requirements for UG Courses
- Entry Requirements for PG Courses
- Documents Required
- Coventry University Admissions/Application Process
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Before jumping on knowing about Coventry University admissions process, let’s first shed some light on the history and background of this institution. Coventry University is a provider of higher education with a tradition of innovative teaching and learning. It is dynamic, global and transformative in nature. The University has 5 campuses that are present in Coventry, Scarborough and London. The university has received a five-star rating by QS in categories of employability, facilities and teaching. In 2021, Coventry was shortlisted for the University of the Year in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide. It currently ranks at 601-650 by the QS World University Rankings. With a student-teacher ratio of 14:1, there are over 15,000 international students studying at Coventry. A wide range of industry-relevant courses is offered at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels.
Coventry University Rankings
Now that we are well-versed with Coventry University, let’s look at the national and international rankings of this university:
|QS – World University Ranking 2022||501-550|
|THE (Times Higher Education) – University Ranking 2022||601-800|
|The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK) 2022||54|
|The Guardian – University Rankings 2022||26|
|US News & World Report – Global Universities 2022||990|
Top Courses for Admissions at Coventry University
Here is a list of some of the top courses offered by Coventry University along with the average fees for each programme:
Coventry University Admissions Deadline 2022
Coventry University enrols for the Spring, Autumn, and Summer terms and has a rolling admissions policy. To increase their chances of acceptance, students should apply as soon as possible for an early decision.
|Entry Year for Coventry and London Campus||Application deadline for Coventry Campus||Application deadline for London Campus|
|January 2022||9 January 2022||16 January 2022|
|May 2022||8 May 2022||15 May 2022|
|September 2022||31 August 2022||11 September 2022|
Coventry University Acceptance Rate
It is important for international candidates who are seeking admissions at Coventry University to know about its acceptance rate. The Coventry University acceptance rate is 32%, which means that out of 100 applicants, it only admits 32 applicants that match the eligibility and other criteria set by the university. The Coventry University acceptance rate is 32% because the university is quite selective of its candidates. However, even this acceptance rate is good considering that it is an achievable target for international students. In short, this acceptance rate of Coventry University gives credence to the fact that its admission process is partially competitive in nature.
Entry Requirements for UG Courses
Below are the academic requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates to take admission in undergraduate programs:
|Courses||Coventry University Admission Requirements (Entry-Level)|
|General Business courses||Students must achieve an overall score of 60% minimum in the Standard XII examination (no specific subject requirements).|
|Finance, Economics and Accountancy courses||Students must achieve an overall score of 60% minimum in the Standard XII examination (with 60% in Maths OR Accountancy OR Economics).|
|EC Courses||Students must achieve an overall score of 60% minimum in the Standard XII examination. With 65% in Maths and 65% achieved in another key subject relevant to the course applied for.|
|Core Engineering Courses||Must have 65% in Maths AND 65% in one from Physics/ Chemistry/ Electronics/ Engineering/ Further Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computing/ Design Tech.|
|IT and Computing related courses||Must have 65% in Maths AND 65% in Physics/ Computer Science/IT/ Computing/Design Technology.|
|Technology Engineering related courses||Must have 65% in Maths AND 65% in one Design Technology/Electronics.|
|Electrical Engineering related courses||Must have 65% in Maths AND 65% in one from Physics/Chemistry/ Electronics/ Engineering/ Further Mathematics/ Computer Science/Computing/ Design Technology.
60% overall achieved in a 3 or 4 years Engineering or Technology Diploma.
|HLS courses||Students must achieve an overall score of 60% minimum in the Standard XII examination with a minimum of 65% in the key relevant subject; i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics.|
|English Language Proficiency Requirements||60% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand).
Entry Requirements for PG Courses
Below are the academic requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates to take admission in postgraduate programs at Coventry University:
- Students must have scored 60% in a 3-year undergraduate degree.
- If students are having a 4-year undergraduate degree, then they are required to have aggregate marks of at least 55%.
- Undergraduate degree students from the universities belonging from the below-mentioned states/cities in India will be considered with 55% in a 3-year undergraduate degree category (unless applying for Health and Life Science courses):
- Chennai (Madras)
- Andhra Pradesh
- Aligarh Muslim
- Bangalore and
- Students are also required to have scored at least 65% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand) or,
- IELTS 6.5 overall with no component lower than 5.5 (except where course requirements are higher) and other acceptable SELT tests such as the Pearson Test of English (PTE) to seek admissions at Coventry University.
Know in detail about the Requirements to Study in the UK!
Enlisted below is a list of all the important and supporting documents that would be required for Coventry University admissions:
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- UK student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Coventry University Admissions/Application Process
Start the application process by login into UCAS with the “Apply Now“ button to access the application and create an account. For master-level programs, the candidates should apply from the Coventry University Online Application Portal. Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website of the University of Warwick
Select your desired course and register with UCAS. Discover the course through the course finder. Research the university’s placement records, tuition fee break up, living costs, course curriculum and work permit rules before applying. If you are facing issues in gathering this data, get in touch with Leverage Edu instructors at 1800 57 2000 and from the application process to the visa process, get entry into your dream university with ease.
Step 2: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams
GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype.
Step 3: Gather other Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 4: Submit your Application
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission at Coventry University make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 5: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidizing, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Know more about the UK Admission Process for Indian Students
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
The documents that must be submitted are as below:
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
- ATAS certificates (for ATAS courses)
- Health surcharge and Tier-4 visa application fee which is 300 GBP (INR 30,173) and 348 GBP (INR 35,000).
Here’s your one-stop guide to knowing more about the UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements!
Post knowing all the important information about the Coventry University admissions process, it’s now time to shed some light on some of the most popular scholarships offered by the university for international students:
- International Pathways Scholarships January 2022: This is a scholarship for international year one and pre-masters courses are for international students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry to their preferred Coventry University undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- International Academic Excellence Award January 2022: This scholarship is given to students who show exceptional academic achievement. An award amount of £2,000 to selected successful applicants for this scholarship who enrol in the January 2022 intake at Coventry University in Coventry, Coventry University London, CU Coventry or CU Scarborough.
- Chevening Scholarship: It is a UK government scholarship program supported by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). It grants outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world for postgraduate courses.
- Education Future International Scholarship: This scholarship is open to Indian nationals for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It provides partial funding ranging from INR 2 lakhs – 10 lakhs.
- Gates Millenium Scholarship: This scholarship is for diligent and deserving students. It aims at bridging the gaps for minority students facing financial difficulties. They must be from the communities of Asia, Africa, etc.
- Global Study Awards: This is a merit-based scholarship recommended for those students who have successfully completed taken the IELTS exam and have scored well. The scholarship is applicable for undergraduate, graduate, bachelor’s diploma, master’s diploma, bachelor’s certificate and master’s certificate.
- Inlaks Scholarships: The Inlaks Scholarships are given to deserving students who want to study at some of the best universities in the UK, Europe, and the United States.
- Erasmus Scholarship: This is a very premium scholarship of UK universities. Outstanding students who want to study master’s courses from any country across the globe may apply. The candidates must have a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning.
Coventry is in the top 30 universities in the world for international students in the QS University Rankings 2021
Legend has it that the city was the birthplace of St. George, dragon slayer and patron saint of England. Britain’s car industry was founded by Daimler in a disused Coventry cotton mill in 1896.
Coventry has now established itself as one of the best places to live, work and play. Coventry even scored better than Birmingham and Leicester and was above the UK average in terms of jobs, transport, health and new businesses per head.
In order to study at Coventry University in 2022 make sure you avail yourself of a 30-minutes of FREE counselling session from top experts at Leverage Edu at 1800572000, who will guide you through the entire application process.