Europe’s leading investment destination filled with renowned multinational companies and ventures, United Kingdom (UK) is one of the easiest places to set up and run a business as the World Bank’s ‘Doing Business’ survey. Some of the major reasons why the UK has become a hotspot for entrepreneurs is because of low corporate taxes, strong infrastructure, more stable political environments, lower manageable regulations and low flexible labour market in Europe. Though for setting up a business in the UK as an international can be a complicated task. Through this blog, we will take a look at the application process for UK Business VISA, the essential documents you need and how you can successfully attain it.
Take a Look At UK Post Study Work Visa!
This Blog Includes:
Types of UK Visa
There are various types of UK Visa, designed for different lengths of stay and purposes. Before delving deeper into the process of getting UK business visa, let’s first take a look at the types of Visas which are as follows:
- Visitor Visas: A person can apply for a UK Visitor Visa for a range of reasons, which includes leisure, Business purposes, participating in sports and creative events, UK in transit, private medical treatments, etc. This is the main category you need to apply for the UK business visa.
- Work Visas: Work visas are required for pursuing a job opportunity in the UK. These are different from business visas and mainly depending on the type of work, a person wishes to carry out in the UK, these work visas are further divided into different tiers.
- Student Visas: These visas are needed for those wanting to study in UK. There are 3 types of Student UK Visas designed, which includes Short term study-visa (for short-term courses and is valid from 6 months to 1 year), Tier 4 (Child Student) and Tier 4 (General Student above age 16).
Also Read: Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Application Process for UK Business Visa
Planning to set up a business comes up with its own complexities and establishing it in a foreign country, the process of getting a visa adds to the rigid and difficult procedures. To help you sort out the procedure, we have listed down a step-wise guide to applying for the UK Business VISA:
- Begin with understanding the eligibility criteria for your chosen visa, familiarising yourself with dates and paperwork needed at the time of filling application form. Further, the applicant will also require a valid passport as well as identity proof-related documents which are further listed in the following sections.
- If you are applying for a Business Visa, you’ll need to complete details through online mode and then visit a visa application centre near you with the necessary documents and you will be required to provide Biometric data as well.
- According to your reason for applying for the UK Business Visa, you have to provide relevant paperwork as well as proofs such as details of your planned meetings, dates for travel, expected costs, home address, financial and employment information, etc.
- Once you have submitted the documents and completed the applications, you have to pay VISA fees online or sometimes it will be needed to be paid at the visa application centre.
Related Article: Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
Fees for UK Business VISA
The fees of the UK Business VISA depends on the length of the VISA you’re here to apply for. Take a look at the following table which enlists the amounts that need to be submitted for varied standard visitor visas:
|Types||UK Business VISA fee|
|Standard Visitor Visa (validity:6 months)||£93 (8660 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor Visa (validity: upto 2years)||£350 (32580 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor visa (Validity upto: 5 years)||£636 (59200 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor visa (Validity upto: 10 years)||£798 (74280 INR)|
|Additional fee to make decision within 5 working days||£212 (19740 INR)|
|Additional fee to have a decision within a day||£956 (88990 INR)|
Documents Required for UK Business VISA
There are a wide range of documents that you need to submit in order to get UK Business Visa which are enlisted below:
- A valid passport or other valid travel identification.
- Bank Statements, proof of earning letter and if someone is financially supporting your stay, submission of letter providing the proof of adequate funds.
- For a UK Business visa, the applicant is also required to provide details of their business, including registration paperwork especially if you are self-employed.
- You have to provide evidence of your plans while in the UK, by providing suggested documents such as confirmation letters regarding your meetings or business appointments, etc.
Thus, we hope that this blog has familiarised you with the application process for UK Business VISA as well as other essentials. If you have been planning to opt for higher education in the UK and don’t know where to begin, sign for a 30-minute free career counselling session with our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll help you find a suitable course and university as well as throughout the admission process to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted.