Europe’s leading investment destination filled with renowned multinational companies and ventures, United Kingdom (UK) is one of the easiest places to set up and run a business as the World Bank’s ‘Doing Business’ survey. Some of the major reasons why the UK has become a hotspot for entrepreneurs is low corporate taxes, strong infrastructure, more stable political environments, lower manageable regulations and a low flexible labour market in Europe. Though for setting up a business in the UK as an international can be a complicated task. Through this blog, we will take a look at the application process for UK Business VISA, the essential documents you need and how you can successfully attain it.
Take a Look At UK Post Study Work Visa!
This Blog Includes:
Types of UK Visa
There are various types of UK Visa, designed for different lengths of stay and purposes. Before delving deeper into the process of getting UK business visa, let’s first take a look at the types of Visas which are as follows:
- Visitor Visas: A person can apply for a UK Visitor Visa for a range of reasons, which includes leisure, Business purposes, participating in sports and creative events, UK in transit, private medical treatments, etc. This is the main category you need to apply for the UK business visa.
- Work Visas: Work visas are required for pursuing a job opportunity in the UK. These are different from business visas and mainly depending on the type of work, a person wishes to carry out in the UK, these work visas are further divided into different tiers.
- Student Visas: These visas are needed for those wanting to study in UK. There are 3 types of Student UK Visas designed, which includes Short term study-visa (for short-term courses and is valid from 6 months to 1 year), Tier 4 (Child Student) and Tier 4 (General Student above age 16).
Also Read: Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Types of UK Business Visas
The following are the types of UK Business Visas.
- UK Standard Visitor Visa for Businesspersons.
- UK Innovator Visa.
- UK Start-Up Visa.
- UK Exceptional Talent visa (Tier 1)
- UK Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
- UK Investor visa (Tier 1)
- Representative of an Overseas Business UK visa.
- UK Turkish Businessperson visa.
Entrepreneur Visa UK
An entrepreneur visa is also known as a Tier 1 visa. However, the government of UK has closed applications to the visa. Applicants can either select from an Innovator visa or a Start-up visa. You can check the details of both visas below. However, if you already have an entrepreneur visa, you can:
- Extend the visa
- Settle in the UK (indefinite leave to remain)
- Bring your family members to join you
Innovator Visa UK or UK Startup Visa
An Innovator visa allows you to set up and run your own innovative business in the UK. However, it is important that the business is different from everything else in the market. For that, your business or the business idea should be endorsed by an approved body also known as the endorsing body. The other requirements include:
- You must meet the English requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have enough personal savings at least £1,270 to support yourself while you are in the UK
- Must have at least £50,000 in investment funds to apply for an innovator visa
- Must prove where you got your funding from
Also Read: UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons
UK Companies Sponsoring Tier 2 Visa
There are more than 37,000 job profiles available for Tier 2 Visa applicants in the UK. This includes more than 42 industries around the country. Some of the most famous companies sponsor Tier 2 Visa.
- PwC offers more than 1350 jobs
- KPMG offers more than 1200 jobs
- Delloite offers more than 1000 jobs
- Earnest and Young offers more than 800 jobs
Application Process for UK Business Visa
Planning to set up a business comes up with its own complexities and establishing it in a foreign country, the process of getting a visa adds to the rigid and difficult procedures. To help you sort out the procedure, we have listed down a step-wise guide to applying for the UK Business VISA:
- Begin with understanding the eligibility criteria for your chosen visa, familiarising yourself with dates and paperwork needed at the time of filling application form. Further, the applicant will also require a valid passport as well as identity proof-related documents which are further listed in the following sections.
- If you are applying for a Business Visa, you’ll need to complete details through online mode and then visit a visa application centre near you with the necessary documents and you will be required to provide Biometric data as well.
- According to your reason for applying for the UK Business Visa, you have to provide relevant paperwork as well as proofs such as details of your planned meetings, dates for travel, expected costs, home address, financial and employment information, etc.
- Once you have submitted the documents and completed the applications, you have to pay VISA fees online or sometimes it will be needed to be paid at the visa application centre.
Related Article: Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
Fees for UK Business VISA
The fees of the UK Business VISA depends on the length of the VISA you’re here to apply for. Take a look at the following table which enlists the amounts that need to be submitted for varied standard visitor visas:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
|Types||UK Business VISA fee|
|Standard Visitor Visa (validity:6 months)||£93 (8660 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor Visa (validity: upto 2years)||£350 (32580 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor visa (Validity upto: 5 years)||£636 (59200 INR)|
|Long term Standard Visitor visa (Validity upto: 10 years)||£798 (74280 INR)|
|Additional fee to make decision within 5 working days||£212 (19740 INR)|
|Additional fee to have a decision within a day||£956 (88990 INR)|
UK Business Visa Documents and Requirements
There is a wide range of documents that you need to submit in order to get a UK Business Visa which is enlisted below:
- A valid passport or other valid travel identification.
- Bank Statements, proof of earning letter and if someone is financially supporting your stay, submission of letter providing the proof of adequate funds.
- For a UK Business visa, the applicant is also required to provide details of their business, including registration paperwork especially if you are self-employed.
- You have to provide evidence of your plans while in the UK, by providing suggested documents such as confirmation letters regarding your meetings or business appointments, etc.
Applicants must initially have funds of at least £3,310 (₹3,36,497). Those applying to extend their visa must have funds of at least £945 (₹96,061).
Yes, under the Representative of an Overseas Business visa, individuals are permitted to work full-time for their employer.
The maximum time taken to get a UK Business Visa from India can be 15 days if all the required documents are accurately submitted.
You must have at least £2,000,000 (₹20,33,32,762) investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
Tier 3 was originally designed for low-skilled workers filling specific temporary labour shortages and no longer exists.
Thus, we hope that this blog has familiarised you with the application process for UK Business VISA as well as other essentials. If you have been planning to opt for higher education in the UK and don’t know where to begin, sign for a 30-minute free career counselling session with our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll help you find a suitable course and university as well as throughout the admission process to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted.