According to the Indian government survey, the construction industry in India is estimated to emerge as the third-largest market in the world by 2025. With an increasing demand for real estate, construction management has grown as a specialised area of study which requires rigorous management, planning and specialised maintenance. One of the go-to courses for construction experts is MSc in Construction Management. It is offered by some of the most student-friendly destinations like the UK and Canada. If you are someone looking to cement your career in the world of buildings then here is a list of construction management courses in the UK!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Construction Management?
- Construction Management Courses in UK
- Documents Required
- Top Universities for Construction Management in the UK
- Cost of Study for Masters in Construction Management in the UK
- Scholarships for Masters in Construction Management in the UK
- Jobs after Construction Management in the UK
Why Study Construction Management?
- As per Statista, construction and building will employ around 2.8 million people by 2023. It includes construction professionals, project managers, technical, IT, and other office personnel.
- Working in the construction sector is fast-paced and demands that you fulfil strict deadlines. You can expect to earn between 23,000 GBP (2,314,191 INR) and 30,000 GBP (3,018,510 INR) after graduation.
- In the United Kingdom, a construction manager’s starting salary is 44,000 GBP (43 lacs INR). When allowances are factored in, the average yearly wage might be as high as 124,000 GBP (1.2 Cr INR)
- In North America and Europe, the construction sector is rapidly transitioning to smart management and vertical growth. In the United Kingdom, the United States, and Germany, the private sector is dealing with a plethora of projects. As a result, obtaining a Construction Management degree in the United Kingdom is unquestionably the most advantageous alternative.
Construction Management Courses in UK
Some of the best UK universities offer construction management courses at the bachelors and masters levels. Confused which courses are perfect for you? Then, try our AI Course Finder and you get what you are looking for!
Construction management involves a wide range of tasks, including resource allocation, material procurement, and labour scheduling, as well as transportation route planning. You must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a large group. At all times, you must keep your client’s requirements in mind. This course will show you how to handle all of these situations effectively.
- International Baccalaureate: A diploma with 24 points is required, with a minimum of 15 points at the higher level.
- English Language requirements: Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking (or recognized equivalent).
- Alternative GCSE Qualifications: (Level 2 Functional Skills in English / Maths, Level 2 Communication Key Skills / Number Application, Level 2 Adult Literacy / Adult Numeracy).
Construction Management is a course in the United Kingdom that looks at how the natural and built environments interact, as well as the need for sustainable construction, and regulations and environmental concepts employed in the construction sector. Students have the opportunity to do an independent study on any issue linked to the construction business as part of their degree programs. Mentioned below is the admission process for masters in construction management in the UK:
- A minimum 7.5 GPA on a scale of 10 is required for a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering, Architecture, or other related subjects.
- English Language Scores
- Confirmation for Acceptance of Studies (CAS) letter
- Construction management or a similar topic of work experience
- Valid Passport
- Student Visa
- College Transcripts: Following the completion of previous academic qualifications, the education board issues a marked statement.
- Financial Documentation: The evidence that reveals the financial position of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation: This information discloses who pushed the student to pursue the degree in the first place.
- Statement of Purpose: As part of the application process, the student must submit an essay or other written declaration.
- Resume/CV: This is a summary of the student’s experience and abilities.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS English proficiency testing results.
Also Read: How to Study in the UK after Completing CA?
Top Universities for Construction Management in the UK
|THE World Rankings 2022||University|
|51||University of Manchester|
|107||University of Birmingham|
|200||Queen’s University Belfast|
|201-250||University of Reading|
|401-500||Liverpool John Moores University|
|501-600||University of Portsmouth|
English Language Requirements
Did you know that 90% of UK universities accept IELTS as proof of English proficiency? To get that perfect score that can qualify you for your dream university, enrol for IELTS classes at Leverage Live now.
|University of Manchester||TOEFL iBT score: 90 (W-22, R/L/S-20). Overall IELTS score of 6.5|
|University of Birmingham||TOEFL iBT- 80 (R/L/W-19, S-21) IELTS- 6.0 overall|
|Queen’s University Belfast||Overall IELTS score of 6.5|
|University of Reading||IELTS score of 6.5 overall|
|Loughborough University||Overall TOEFL iBT-92 IELTS-6.5 (22 in each)|
|Northumbria University||Overall IELTS score of 6.5 (5.5 in each)|
|Heriot-Watt University||Overall IELTS score of 6.5|
|Liverpool John Moores University||Overall IELTS score of 6.5 (5.5 in each)|
|University of Portsmouth||Overall IELTS score of 6.0 (5.5 in each)|
Also Read: Engineering Management in UK
Cost of Study for Masters in Construction Management in the UK
It is required for international candidates wishing to study at a UK university to have an estimate of the cost of study in the UK. Here is the cost of study of top universities offering construction management in the UK with their annual tuition fees:
|University||Annual Tuition Fees (in INR)|
|University of Manchester||2,660,000|
|University of Birmingham||2,410,000|
|Queen’s University Belfast||1,740,000|
|University of Reading||2,030,000|
|Liverpool John Moores University||1,580,000|
|University of Portsmouth||1,730,000|
Scholarships for Masters in Construction Management in the UK
International students interested in pursuing a Masters in Construction Management in the United Kingdom can apply for one of the following scholarships:
|Scholarship||Offered to students studying in-||Benefit for the International Student|
|Hornby Scholarships||All Indian Students studying abroad||Variable|
|Residential Construction Management Scholarship by Houzz||Open to undergraduate and graduate construction management students interested in pursuing a career in residential construction management.||(189,159 INR)|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||All Indian Students studying abroad||The value of the loan scholarship varies between INR 1,00,000 and INR 10,00,000.|
|MSc Scholarship in Construction Management and Engineering at the University of Reading in the United Kingdom||All international students in the Master’s program (Construction Management, Construction Cost Management, Project Management) taught at the University of Reading||(503,085 INR)|
|British Chevening Scholarships 2021||Students from Commonwealth countries studying Masters in the UK||University tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, and an economy class return flight to the United Kingdom are all included.|
|Early Bird Reward||Queen’s University Belfast||10% discount on year 1 net tuition fees|
|GREAT Scholarship||All Indian Students studying in the UK||(1,006,170-1,257611 INR)|
|Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Program Scholarship||All Indian Students studying abroad||(7,364,750 INR)|
|Commonwealth Scholarship||Loughborough University||100% off tuition fees|
Jobs after Construction Management in the UK
A construction manager’s responsibilities include managing project expenses and construction employees.
- Involvement of architects, civil engineers, and other experts
- appointing subcontractors and overseeing their work
- Managing challenges such as missed deadlines, safety concerns, and client demands
After Contracts Manager, the most prevalent career pathways are Senior Contracts Manager and Commercial Manager. The average pay paid at various occupations after completing a program in Construction Manager in the United Kingdom is as follows:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Contractor Management||45,18,231.63 INR|
|Project Management||46,00,604.80 INR|
|Construction Site Inspection||45,14,323.59 INR|
|Construction Estimating||44,81,493.64 INR|
|IT and Technical||43,98,598.01 INR|
|Site Engineer||66,37,805.92 INR|
|Facilities Manager||54,82,601.98 INR|
|Sustainability Consultant||50,16,827.04 INR|
Want to be a part of top universities offering construction management in UK this January Intake? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE counselling session today.