What first comes to mind when narrowing down a foreign university for higher education? Of course, Rankings. When it comes to foreign education, rankings mean a lot, and the UK has some of the most highly regarded universities with the top rankings and most sought-after programmes. One of them is the University of Dundee, a favourite among students seeking education overseas. If you are thinking about it as well, you have come to the right place. Let’s examine the University of Dundee rankings in detail.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in the UK
Regardless of the level of specialisation, the UK has consistently positioned itself as the leader and remained one of the safest bets for studying abroad. Let’s look at the main characteristics that make it the top choice for international education among students:
- The UK is one of the most popular and diverse study-abroad locations for various programs. You might be surprised to hear that it is home to more than 120 different nationalities, making it unique and providing the best possibilities for learning and development.
- Some of the universities and colleges in the UK are among the oldest in the world, having been founded in the 12th and 13th centuries. The UK has a significant history and has raised the bar for other countries’ educational systems.
- Dundee has been named the most affordable place for students to live in the UK (Oxford Royale 2021). The city is known for its friendly people, sunshine, and beautiful parks. Dundee has a vibrant student community with 1 in 7 of the population in full-time higher education.
- The UK’s independent Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) regularly assesses the academic standards of all of the country’s colleges and universities. In addition to evaluating their performance through audits and topic evaluations, it also helps determine the best educational approaches and offers feedback for development.
Why Study at the University of Dundee
The University of Dundee is a public research university in Dundee, Scotland, that was initially established as a university college in 1881. In 1881, the University of Dundee was founded. Originally, the organisation was a component of the University of St Andrews. The University of Dundee received a Royal Charter in 1967, officially establishing it. Finally, the long-standing partnership between St Andrews and the University of Dundee came to an end in 1967. By the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, 84% of the university’s research is categorized as “Global Leading” or “Internationally Excellent.”
- The average cost of rent in Dundee is by far the lowest of Scotland’s major cities, being 40% less than that of Edinburgh and 20% less than that of the Scottish average. (Citylets Rental Report in 2022’s second quarter).
- The University of Dundee has the best graduate prospects in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2022).
- The University of Dundee also provides a dedicated Careers Service to help you further your professional aspirations and increase your employability.
University of Dundee Rankings
According to the recently published QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022, the University of Dundee has been recognised as a “global centre of excellence for Life Sciences & Medicine”.Considering its rankings, the University of Dundee is listed at position 300 in the world’s universities in U.S. News & World Report 2022. In the 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Dundee University is ranked between #201 and #250.
|QS 2023||Rated 5 stars for Excellence|
|QS World University Ranking for Graduate Employment Rate 2022||Top #200|
|Times University Guide – 2023||#32|
|Guardian University Guide – 2023||#44|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities-2022 (By Shanghai Jiao Tong University)||#301|
|StudentCrowd 2022||#1 in Scotland|
There are 230 undergraduate programs at the university and there are also 250 graduate programs; the most sought-after ones are listed here. Take a look at some of the undergraduate courses given below:
- Art & Design General Foundation
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences with NUS
- Social Work
- English/NI Law
- Economics and International Business
- Business Management
- BSc International Business in Practice
- Business Economics
- Business Management in Practice
- Applied Finance
Some top postgraduate courses that the university offers are as follows:
- Nursing & Health
- Distance Learning Programmes
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Data Science & Engineering
- Human Anatomy
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Applied Mathematics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Imaging
- Biological & Molecular Sciences
- Human Clinical Embryology & Assisted Conception
- Applied Neurosciences
- Public Health
- Health Data Science for Applied Precision Medicine
- Dental Public Health
- Forensic Dentistry Full & Part Time
- MSc International Banking & Finance
- MSc Finance
- International Marketing
- Professional Accountancy
- Islamic Finance
- Business Analytics
- MSc Accounting & Finance
- Contemporary Art Practice
- Communication Design
- Architecture, Interior & Environmental Design to include: MSc Spatial Planning with Sustainable Urban Design
- Leading Learning & Teaching
- Social Work
- Advanced Social Work Studies
University of Dundee Admissions Requirements
Let’s become acquainted with the University of Dundee admission requirements for those interested in attending this prominent institution in 2023. The entrance requirements for the University of Dundee vary depending on the programs offered; nonetheless, the following are the basic prerequisites for studying at the University of Dundee:
- Students must have a 50% or higher in Standard XII to be accepted for admittance to an undergraduate program.
- A degree equal to a British bachelor’s degree will be considered for PG programs. Students must have at least a 2nd division bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirements
Because the scorecard for these tests is valid for two years, students should familiarise themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission carefully.
Now that you have a clear understanding of numerous course offerings in the UK. Let’s take a look at the documentation segment, which is one of the most crucial steps:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT score card
- GRE score card
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university)
- TB Test Results
- Financial Proofs
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study at the University of Dundee:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Placements at the University of Dundee
The University of Dundee provides current students as well as graduates with personal career advice. The Careers team at the University helps the students find vacancies that they can apply for. They also work with the students seeking help to develop their CVs and practice common interview questions to ensure they are well prepared.
Moreover, enrolled students and graduates can find jobs, internships, and volunteer work via the University’s JobShop. Graduates of this university have gone on to have successful careers in Google, L’Oréal, Symbiosis, Amazon, Deloitte, Prudential, Capgemini, Lloyds Banking Group, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, JP Morgan, MARS, Barclays, Cognizant, Wipro, and META.
Students Life at the University of Dundee
Some of the facilities that students can avail while pursuing their degree from the University of Dundee are:
- The Coalition of Higher Education Students in Scotland and the National Postgraduate Committee are both partners of the Dundee University Students’ Association. All university students are eligible to join the Students’ Association.
- During the academic year, Dundee students can take part in customary events. A secondary Freshers’ Week is organised when the university resumes after the Christmas break, with the primary one taking place at the beginning of the year.
- More than 40 sports clubs are available through the Institute of Sport and Exercise (ISE), which collaborates with the Dundee University Sports Union. These clubs cover everything from ultimate Frisbee to netball and golf. Additionally, a variety of amenities are available, such as a gym, squash courts, a 25-meter swimming pool, sports grounds, and tennis courts.
The University of Dundee is one of the most desired options for international students and a well-regarded institution of higher learning worldwide.
The University of Dundee has the best graduate prospects for medical students in the UK.
The University of Dundee has improved in the 2023 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, rising to the top 10 in another six disciplines and being placed first in the UK for one subject.
This was all about the University of Dundee Rankings. If you want to get into a high-ranked university in the UK, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
Details within this article are accurate to the best of our knowledge. For the most up-to-date and accurate information, please visit the University of Dundee website – www.dundee.ac.uk.