Under unlock 4.0, the Indian government has now sanctioned that various entrance and competitive exams can be conducted as they were earlier put on hold due to the pandemic. One of such exams is MAT, i.e. Management Aptitude Test. Qualifying MAT, a national level aptitude test, will enable you to make your way through reputed business schools in India as well as abroad for pursuing MBA and allied programs. Since more than 600 b-schools accept MAT scorecard, it is more-or-less a passport for your dream educational tour. Scroll through this blog to know the latest changes as well as important dates for MAT 2021, its syllabus and more!
This Blog Includes:
MAT Highlights 2021
Before we go on and take a deep dive into what all is necessary for appearing in the exam, let us first understand some essential details related to MAT 2021:
|MAT Meaning||Management Aptitude Test|
|Official Conducting Body||All India Management Association|
|Applicable Courses||MBA and allied programs|
|Exam Level||National level exam|
|Mode of Submission of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online and offline|
|Application Fee (General)||Rs. 1650 (Online)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Colleges Accepting MAT||More than 600|
|Frequency of Test||4 Times|
Mode of Test
To make the exam more accessible, it is offered in online as well as offline mode. Applicants as per their preference can select either of the options. You can take the MAT exam in the following modes:
- Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT) or
- Double Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT) or
- Paper-Based Test (PBT)
Options 1 and 2 signify an internal bifurcation under the online mode and option 3 belongs to the offline mode.
Note: Candidates can now opt to appear in both the 2 IBT tests by paying an additional fee of Rs. 1100. Also, if you opt to do so, you can send your scores to 2 extra management institutes.
MAT Important Dates 2021
For the upcoming academic session, MAT 2021 will be conducted in the months of September and December. The application, as well as exam dates, are released by the official authorities. tabulated below are the important dates related to the exam for September and December session:
|Application Date IBT Mode||September 2 to September 6, 2021|
|Application Date PBT Mode||September 24, 2021|
|Admit Card IBT Mode||September 3 to September 13, 2021|
|Admit Card PBT Mode||September 26 to September 30, 2021|
|Exam Date IBT Mode||September 6 to September 10, 2021|
|Exam Date PBT Mode||September 30, 2021|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
As compared to other Management and MBA entrance exams such as GMAT, GRE, CAT exam, etc., the eligibility criteria for MAT is simpler. As stated on its official website, graduates of any field from reputed institutions can apply for the Management Aptitude Test. There is no given age limit for the candidates. Also, the applicants can apply as many times as they want to since there are no restrictions on the number of attempts.
MAT Exam Pattern
Mainly there will be five sections in the exam which students have to complete in 2 hours and 30 minutes. The test will be entirely objective with four options for each question. For every correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark whereas a deduction of 0.25 mark will be made for incorrect answers. Here is the MAT exam pattern and its major sections and marking scheme:
-Data Analysis and Sufficiency
-India and the Global Environment
-Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
The MAT syllabus is curated in a way such that it examines candidates’ capabilities of pursuing management courses. Hence, the Management Aptitude Test evaluates candidates on varied sections and is focused on testing practical knowledge and real-life scenarios. Here is an overview of the MAT syllabus and its varied sections:
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Various topics of data sufficiency like Venn diagram, graphical representation, etc
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate as well as the advanced level of topics like arithmetic progression, geometry trigonometry, etc
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Includes analogue based questions statement argument, etc
- Language Comprehension: It tests the candidates’ grip over the language through reading comprehension, English grammar, etc
- Indian and Global Environment: Questions on national and international general awareness
MAT Results 2021
Candidates can check the result of MAT IBT/ PBT/ CBT and download the MAT scorecard which is released on the official website. Check the following steps to how to download the MAT 2021 result.
- Visit the official website of AIMA and click on the ‘Download/View’ tab.
- Select the particular session of the test under the drop-down menu after selecting ‘MAT Result for May Session’.
- Enter your credentials, (registration number and form number).
- Click on the submit tab to view the MAT 2021 scorecard.
- Download and take printouts of the scorecard.
MAT: Top Colleges
The following are the top MBA colleges in India accepting MAT scores. The participating institutes announce their respective MAT cutoff. Students must check their MAT Score & Percentile corresponding to best MBA colleges that are open for admission in 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Vijay Patil School of Management (VPSM), DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai
- Jagdish Sheth School of Management (JAGSoM) Bangalore
- Amrita School of Business Coimbatore
- SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai
- UPES University Dehradun
- Alliance University Bangalore
- International School of Business & Media (ISB&M) Pune
- Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow
- ITM Navi Mumbai
- DSB-VIPS Technical Campus Delhi
The MAT exam is conducted 4 times in a year: February, May, September and December. You can give all the attempts.
The minimum qualification for appearing in the MAT exam is graduation in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD) from any recognized University. Students in their final year in any undergraduate (i.e. BA, BSc, BCom, BTech, etc) can also appear
MAT scores are acceptable through out the year. However, the May, December, February exams are the best as the most top Business schools that accept MAT scores are open with their admission process.
Composite Score of 400 and above is considered as a good MAT score. Most of the MBA colleges accepting MAT select students having MAT score in the range of 80 percentile to 99 percentile.
Thus, we hope that through this blog about MAT, you are now familiar with what all are the latest changes that will be applicable for this year. Reach out to our Leverage Edu mentors to get expert guidance on drafting a winning application for top business schools abroad. Sign up for a free session with us today