The United Kingdom offers some of the best educational opportunities to students from around the world. There are various student cities that have emerged in the UK over the years due to a large number of students settling and working there. The city of Glasgow in Scotland is among one of the most popular student cities in the UK for international students. The University of Glasgow is one of the oldest institutions situated in this city that attracts a plethora of students from around the world who wish to have a taste of the UK education, culture, ethnicity, traditions and lifestyle. Offering top-notch research opportunities in the world, Glasgow is both beautiful and exciting. It is home to museums and art galleries as well as some of the most breathtaking views. Let’s explore more about University of Glasgow admissions, acceptance rate, the application process in the blog curated for you!
|Intakes||January and September|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||UG Level: 20 GBP (INR 2,022)
PG Level: 25 GBP (INR 2,224)
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time / Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Fellowships|
Know more about the Top Universities in Scotland 2021!
This Blog Includes:
- About University of Glasgow
- Rankings and Recognitions
- Popular Fields of Study
- University of Glasgow Admissions Deadline 2022
- University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
- University of Glasgow Admission Requirements
- Documents Required
- How to Apply?
- Cost of Studying at University of Glasgow
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
About University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow’s history can be traced back to the 15th century when it was established by Papal Bull in 1451. If we determine the age of the institution, we will discover that it is one of Scotland’s four old universities. This university is the only one in the United Kingdom with the authority to grant undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in its own name.
The university is divided into 3 big campuses. The primary campus, located in Hillhead, is the Gilmorehill campus. Currently, the institution includes four colleges that focus on Medical, Arts, Social Sciences, Science & Engineering, Veterinary & Life Sciences. Over 30,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students from over 140 countries are a part of this prestigious university.
With over 8,000 employees, including over 3,400 in research and teaching, the University of Glasgow is a major employer in the city of Glasgow. The university is also a member of the elite Russell Group of prominent research universities in the United Kingdom.
Rankings and Recognitions
Before discussing in detail the University of Glasgow admissions for 2022, let’s enlighten you with some stunning rankings of the university that they have achieved:
|The Complete University Guide (2022)||16|
|The Best UK Universities 2022- The Guardian||11|
|Times / Sunday Times (2022)||17|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||73|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||86|
Popular Fields of Study
Some of the most popular subjects or rather fields of study that are being offered at the University of Glasgow are listed below. They are ranked at the top positions according to QS Top University Subject rankings:
|Zoology||Molecular and Cellular Biology||Statistics and Economics|
|Medicine||Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics||Mechanical Design Engineering|
|Business Management||Nursing||Human Biology|
University of Glasgow Admissions Deadline 2022
The University of Glasgow’s admissions or application submission deadline varies depending on the institute’s programme offerings as well as the portal via which the student is applying. International students should apply at least 70 days ahead of time to allow for the processing of their student visas. A list of application deadlines for various programmes and portals is provided below.
|Program/Level of Study||Application Deadline (2022)|
|UCAS- UG Level||June 18|
|UCAS Clearing- UG Level||August 31|
|Common Application- UG Level||June 30|
|Phase I- PG Level (Taught)||March 31|
|Phase II- PG Level (Taught)||July 21|
Know in detail about the upcoming Intakes in UK 2022!
University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
It is important for international candidates who are seeking admissions at the University of Glasgow to know about its acceptance rate. The University of Glasgow has a stunning acceptance rate of around 70%, which means that out of 100 applicants, the university wholeheartedly welcomes 70 applicants that match the eligibility and University of Glasgow admissions criteria. In short, this acceptance rate of the University of Glasgow gives credence to the fact that its admission process is partially less competitive in nature as compared to other universities in the UK. Having said that, the top programmes provided by the University of Glasglow, such as MBA, have an admission rate of 28%, while LLM has an acceptance rate of 64%.
University of Glasgow Admission Requirements
Although the admission requirements will differ for different courses offered at the University of Glasgow, mentioned below are some of the basic or entry-level requirements that applicants from India must meet to seek admission at the university:
Entry Requirements for UG Courses
- High school transcripts
- Applicants are required to have at least three A-levels
- Students must have a GPA between 2.5 – 3.0/4.0 which is 75-83%
- A minimum overall score of 75% or its equivalent in 10+2
- Minimum 75% score in each key subject
- Valid Passport
Entry Requirements for PG Courses
- An undergraduate/bachelors degree from an accredited institute, with a minimum score of 1st division or its equivalent (75% of overall score).
- 3 years of work experience required for programs like MBA
- English Proficiency Score
- GMAT/GRE score if asked by the university
English Proficiency Test Scores
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at the University of Glasgow in 2022:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Ryerson supplementary form
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT Score is recommended
- Portfolio (Arts Program)
- Audition tape (Music Program)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK Universities
How to Apply?
Start the application process by login into UCAS with the “Apply Now” button to access the application and create an account. For master-level programs, the candidates should apply from the university’s online Application Portal. Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website of the University of Glasgow
Select your desired course and register with UCAS. Discover the course through the course finder. Research the university’s placement records, tuition fee break up, living costs, course curriculum, and work permit rules before applying. If you are facing issues in gathering this data, get in touch with Leverage Edu instructors at 1800 57 2000, and from the application process to the visa process, get entry into your dream university with ease.
Step 2: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams
GMAT, GRE, IELTS, or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype.
Step 3: Gather other Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes, and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 4: Submit your Application
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents, and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission to the University of Glasgow, make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 5: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidizing, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Cost of Studying at University of Glasgow
After getting familiar with the University of Glasgow admissions process and requirements, let’s now know about the average cost of studying for different programs at the University of Glasgow for international students in 2022:
|Level of Study||Average Tuition Fees/year (GBP)||Average Tuition Fees/year (INR)|
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
The documents that must be submitted are as below:
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
- ATAS certificates (for ATAS courses)
- Health surcharge and Tier-4 visa application fee which is 300 GBP (INR 30,173) and 348 GBP (INR 35,000).
- University of Glasgow/Glasgow International College Achievement Award: In conjunction with GIC, the university rewards the best-performing students who finish the Foundation course with excellent grades and attendance. This is awarded as a tuition fee discount of £3,000 per year of study and is subject to satisfactory progress for consecutive years of study.
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee discount of £5,000 per year of study and is subject to satisfactory progress for consecutive years of study.
- Beaconhouse Schools: The University of Glasgow offer a 15% discount on the first year of tuition fee to students from Beaconhouse Schools and who enroll on an undergraduate program at the University of Glasgow. The discount does not apply to Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, and Dentistry programs.
- RUK Access Bursary: The bursary supports talented students who might not be able to take a place at University for reasons of financial hardship.
This was about the University of Glasgow Admissions. Do you want to go to the UK to further your education? Then contact the specialists at Leverage Edu, who will assist you in landing in the UK to pursue your MBA or any other degree there. Schedule an appointment with us right now on 1800572000!